Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Conventions

• 09-05-2010 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Anyone Ever been to one?
    I baught tickets to Bournmouth ink this month and I really can't wait don't really know what to expect though =/
    I'm really looking forward to seeing peoples body art =]

I'm also hoping (if i can get booked in anywhere) to let one of the stalls tattoo something small on me so i can go yh i got the at a tat convention once ahaha But I have no idea what to get. Any Ideas?

Peace

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

conventions are great i have been to the dublin one twice. had a blast each time met ome great artists. the two i as at there was alot of artists who would tattoo you straight away no need to book. as for what to get done only you can decide that as it will be on your body forever.....

tommy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭deadramones

Dublin convention is very different to the bigger UK one's where it's a lot harder to get a walkin appointment. I normally go to London and Brighton every year. Thinking about Milan and Barcelona this year too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Anyone hear anything about this years Dublin convention? Been to the Dublin one twice, but as Dead Ramones said it is very different to others from what I've heard.

Halloween weekend, fancy dress on the Sunday. The websites been updated but no artist list so far. Should be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Ah yeah shoulda checked the site - http://www.dublintattooconvention.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

This year is going to be so awesome!!!
    Already know what tattoo I want just
    wonder what what I'll dress up as!!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Pulmonery Archery

Sweet, the dublin convention sounds soo good, Fancy dress theamse sounds awsome.
    It would be awsome if I didn't have to book to get a tattoo done cos that would be sweet =]
    I really can't wait! Less than 3 weeks away ahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Shimei wrote: »
    This year is going to be so awesome!!!
    Already know what tattoo I want just
    wonder what what I'll dress up as!!!?

I'm the same, I know what I want done, and who I want to do it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

How far do they go to get artists for the Dublin one? Is it mainly artists from mainland europe or do they go further to North America? Kind of holding out hope that Nick Baxter will be around Europe sometime later in the year. His work is just incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Tis going to be awesome!

Don't think I'll be able to afford a piece, but I'll watch Mark squirm in pain!

Fancy dress part is deadly too, I'll probably pull out one of my Eirtakon cosplays to wear so you can all laugh at me ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Don't think I'll be able to afford a piece, but I'll watch Mark squirm in pain!

Again!!
    Fancy dress part is deadly too, I'll probably pull out one of my Eirtakon cosplays to wear so you can all laugh at me;)

Think I'll go just to laugh at ya:p

I'm the same, I know what I want done, and who I want to do it :D

Ohhh what do you want?

Cookie Jar wrote: »
    Ohhh what do you want?

The one I'm planning that'll use UV ink methinks :D
    (It's otherwise sekkrit!)

The one I'm planning that'll use UV ink methinks :D
    (It's otherwise sekkrit!)

Oh its like that! Who ya want to do it? Is their a list of artists yet?

Oh its like that! Who ya want to do it? Is their a list of artists yet?

I'm thinking/hoping Dominick from Living Art, ya heard of him?

Are they coming back? Found them on fb :D

http://www.facebook.com/#!/livingarttattoo

Are they coming back? Found them on fb :D

http://www.facebook.com/#!/livingarttattoo

When I asked them last year they said that they would be coming back, I'm actually in the middle of emailing Dominick to see if they are coming back, and if they are I'll run my idea by him! :D

Their email addresses are just generating bouncebacks :s

Oh? Send a mail on facebook?

Oh? Send a mail on facebook?

Already have done! I also checked if they were coming back with Paddy, who said "As far as I know they are yes".

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Already have done! I also checked if they were coming back with Paddy, who said "As far as I know they are yes".

:D

Man I hope they are!!! Sound lads had great crack with them last time.... Still have about 10% left to go on the piece i got done off dom as well. Yeah they said they were coming back last time round but wasnt holding my breath to it as it was a full year away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Again!!

Think I'll go just to laugh at ya:p

Haha, cheers love!!! ;)

You going to get something done there this year?

Was talking to Ross Carlson from that shop. According to him they're coming back.

Was talking to Ross Carlson from that shop. According to him they're coming back.

Sweet :D All three of the guys, Ross, Joe and Dominick were really sound guys, and were doing some really nice work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Good stuff,

Damo: Did the guys get back to you, I was gonna send a FB message myself, didnt bother since you already did.

Haha, cheers love!!! ;)

You going to get something done there this year?

Em, yeah have an idea for a side piece I wanna get done, but we'll see. I know when I get out there I'll want to get something done, I wont be able to help myself so I'll plan ahead this time:rolleyes:

Sidepiece at a convention. You're brave! Don't think I'd like the general public to see me getting such a painful spot tattooed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Are there any artists that are going to be at the Dublin one who you lot would recommend for a 1940s/1950s style pinup?

Decided to make my sleeve full colour and Im looking at a pinup on the outside of my left arm in colour.Id love to get it done at the convention if I could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tattoos_are_us

i went to the liverpool tattoo convention last year and it was brillent had so much fun the artsts are savage the drinking and party that night was savage

• Advertisement
Advertisement