Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Improvements

• 09-05-2010 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

I currently have pine coloured built-in wardrobes in all bedrooms and am sick of the sight of them. I wanted to change them all to cream, but didn't want to go to the expense of getting completely new doors/wardrobes. Does anybody have any suggestions? As they aren't solid pine, is it possible to repaint the wardrobes and, if so, what is the best way of doing this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭tiocimarla

Im not that handy with how to paint them, but a cheaper solution would be to change the doors, they cost anywhere between 40-80 euro for a decent ivory door and if your buying a lot then the provider should give you a discount. Painting them might be time consuming as they will have to be maintained regularly as white/cream paint gets dirty and goes of colour fairly fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Kitchen Expert

Sorry only saw this post now.

I think you could achieve a fabulous look if you painted them a rich cream. It would transform the room.

Start by giving them a good clean and then a light sanding with a very fine sanding block just to rough up the lacquer. Give the doors a coat of primer and when thats dry, apply two coats of eggshell paint.

Your local hardware will help you select the primer and paint if you tell them what you are doing.

Advertisement