Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are empty/unfinished estates?

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It is not actually called Eagle Rock...you translate there Robbo or shall I ?? :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    It is not actually called Eagle Rock...you translate there Robbo or shall I ?? :D
    I'm only translating if I get a grant and 4 no-show jobs for my lackeys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DDee

It's called Carraig an Iolair because it is built in the grounds of an old house called Eagle Lodge, which is still there but hasn't had eagles on it's gate posts for many years.
    The C an I houses have asking prices of around 800k, which would buy a one off house in good nick on a large site in Barna.

I used to know someone with notions living in Tonabrocky once ( they called it Bushypark loooike) so I sent them a card addressed to Badgers Arse, Rahoon and they got it. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

DDee wrote: »
    It's called Carraig an Iolair because it is built in the grounds of an old house called Eagle Lodge, which is still there but hasn't had eagles on it's gate posts for many years.
    The C an I houses have asking prices of around 800k, which would buy a one off house in good nick on a large site in Barna.

I don't think you could shift a top class house on a large site in Barna for more than about 550,000, if even that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

DDee wrote: »

Any pics of this place?

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Any pics of this place?

Of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Looks like they date back to the Galway patinated copper craze.
    800K is a touch optimistic.

I had a look at Reileann during the last one weekend only O'Malley sale some time last year.
    Back then they wanted up to 295K and they were still a few weeks from completion.
    I liked the design of some of the houses but not the postage stamp back garden and rear view of half built houses and empty foundation blocks.

Thanks for the link.

800k? Seriously?

Down from over a million, EACH , when first launched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭pepe00

dloob wrote: »
    I liked the design of some of the houses but not the postage stamp back garden and rear view of half built houses and empty foundation blocks.

thats right, to expensive for a house with no garden....

but design is nice, not like all boring estates...

Down from over a million, EACH , when first launched.

I've had enough laughs for one day, but thanks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fissureseal

I see on the Galway advertiser that they're relaunching Bramley in Oranmore ( is this the second or third time ??!!! ) Wonder will they sell at the latest price , half a mill for a builders finish that has been idle for a few years still seems a bit steep to me but then again what's an appropriate price for property these days ???!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

All the peripheral areas have been living with their heads up their bums for a long time now, Oranmore, Barna, etc. When you can get a good 4-bed in Rahoon for less than €180k, the idea of paying three times as much for a bit of bog in Cloonboo doesn't appeal.

half a mill for a builders finish that has been idle for a few years still seems a bit steep to me but then again what's an appropriate price for property these days ???!!!!!!!!

Yeah but you get Fidelma Healy Eames close by as a neighbour (she is not in Bramley) ...and not any ole riff raff. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fissureseal

half a mill for a builders finish that has been idle for a few years still seems a bit steep to me but then again what's an appropriate price for property these days ???!!!!!!!!

Yeah but you get Fidelma Healy Eames close by as a neighbour (she is not in Bramley) ...and not any ole riff raff. :cool:

Think the tradesmen work for free out there which is good too !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ThisWillShow

Attymon has a housing estate that has been left empty for ages there is a barricade at the entrance. its between athenry and kilimordaly. An awful waste but dont know how they ever expected to sell them its in the middle of no where.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 GALWAYLAD777

I see on the Galway advertiser that they're relaunching Bramley in Oranmore ( is this the second or third time ??!!! ) Wonder will they sell at the latest price , half a mill for a builders finish that has been idle for a few years still seems a bit steep to me but then again what's an appropriate price for property these days ???!!!!!!!!
    They'll be lucky!! Unless they catch a few gullible ones.. I see Galway Advertiser are hyping up the Property Auctions again with more articles. The crap they write is insufferable. As for Bramley, well this country is sinking for the foreseeable and until there is real job creation in terms of larger numbers. I dont see property making a comeback any day soon, and lets face it, do we really want it to be as it was before!! I for one certainly don't. Bramley way overpriced. Its not Cape Cod!! :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

They'll be lucky!! Unless they catch a few gullible ones.. I see Galway Advertiser are hyping up the Property Auctions again with more articles. The crap they write is insufferable. As for Bramley, well this country is sinking for the foreseeable and until there is real job creation in terms of larger numbers. I dont see property making a comeback any day soon, and lets face it, do we really want it to be as it was before!! I for one certainly don't. Bramley way overpriced. Its not Cape Cod!! :rolleyes:
    Those advertorials are written by the 'advertiser', in this case the estate agent.

I can see why Attymon has a housing estate, it has a railway station and back in the day it was seen as an option/affordable pricing and to commute to work.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Those advertorials are written by the 'advertiser', in this case the estate agent.

I can see why Attymon has a housing estate, it has a railway station and back in the day it was seen as an option/affordable pricing and to commute to work.

Lots of things that seem silly now, made perfect sense,"back in the day"... Hindsight is a great thing.. I wonder howe quick the newspaper would be to print an article for me if my article was about local newspapers and the hype surrounding property auctions that is printed every week.. Most Galway auctioneers have given the business a really bad name. They're not to be trusted and I wouldnt believe one word that comes out of most of their mouths. The sooner the property price register begins the better. The price in Bramley is a bit sweet for my liking.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

In fairness, most people realise that those pieces are not written by Advertiser staff. It's a freesheet and a significant chunk of its content are press releases from politicans, state agencies, businesses, charities and property agents.

Back on topic, has anyone observed a rise in the amount of vacant residential properties that are not for rent or up for sale?

snubbleste wrote: »
    In fairness, most people realise that those pieces are not written by Advertiser staff. It's a freesheet and a significant chunk of its content are press releases from politicans, state agencies, businesses, charities and property agents.

Back on topic, has anyone observed a rise in the amount of vacant residential properties that are not for rent or up for sale?
    No, not im my area. They are all up for sale or for rent. Have you observed a rise yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

There's a few in Doughiska. One at the back of Fearann Ri.

Looks pretty much the same 2 years later I think, at least from the bottom of the hill.

The completed whitewalled estate on the doughiska rd is still unoccupied. Thought it looked like somebody'd accessed it a while back but still looks totally desertede. Completed nearly but deserted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

There big houses. I doubt you would build them for 500. When you add in what they payed for the sites. I feel sorry for the few houses that were sold in there at the boom, but then again, they all probably shifted a couple of semid's in dublin to pay for them.

tred wrote: »
    There big houses. I doubt you would build them for 500. When you add in what they payed for the sites. I feel sorry for the few houses that were sold in there at the boom, but then again, they all probably shifted a couple of semid's in dublin to pay for them.

There is a some confusion out there differentiating between Cost and Worth. If it costs €500,000 to build something, it does not automatically mean that it is worth €500,000. It simply means, that it cost €500,000 to put the structure there. I feel sorry for a lot of people in Ireland today who are accused of being greedy for trying to achieve a better life and now find themselves being squeezed by the already capitalised banks. €500,000 in todays terms is a hell of a lot of money.

Advertisement