Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads that make you want to break your TV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

This ad is driving me mad, everytime I see it I want to kill people.

The daughter is manipulative little bitch.

"I just wanted us to be happy, is that too much?"

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

i turn the sound down for all ads

...... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

Being honest, every single ad I've ever seen, I've hated to bits. Advertising seems to be a career path full of the most irritating bastards on the planet. There are some main offenders however...

1. Any ad that contains whispering. It creeps me out and provides a genuinely uncomfortable feeling. I'll never be able to determine why.

2. Ads that completely deter from the product they're advertising. Something along the lines of showing a 30 second car chase and then just overlaying the words "Avonmore Milk" or something equally fúcking pointless at the end.

3. Ads that sexualize food. I'm convinced the narrator of the Marks & Spencer's ads is masturbating in the sound booth.

4. Ads that completely over-glorify the intended product. A rasher sandwich in the morning will not bring my family closer together, nor will the smell of it.

5. The new Coco Pops ad. Just because the Coco Pops she pours into the bowl are computer animated. Wrecks my fúcking head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭dan de man

a radio ad but still hugely irritating nonetheless,that kid who says "yes this is joany" like he is fecking swedish its johnny u little bollix,puts me in a temper when i hear it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jmckelly

Omg every irish ad narrated by a woman who tries to put on the best most poshest accent but fails to pronunce the T at the end or middle of a word.
    Example, aptimal ad "nothing compares to ish"
    meteor ads when meteor is pronounced as mesheor. God did your parents not send ye all to elecution lessons.

• Advertisement

Imagine's Wi-Max advert with that caribbean-sounding tripe song. I'm pretty sure it would push a disgruntled customer over the edge

Hahaha I hate that song so much....actually it would be more suited for adverising oversized y fronts.

Have a pain in my side laughing at this thread but before I go to bed I have to mention these;
    the febreeze ad when the mother sniffs her sons fart infested chair,
    the flash ad when the whole family come in smelling the kitchen surfaces,
    and the harumika amazing fashion designer kit. What the hell..... You get a headless doll and some scraps of cloth to wrap it up in. The poor girl in the ad looks like it's not possible to make this toy fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Having seen a lot of day time tv recently the ad breaks seem to go like this.

Are you blind? Now we can can burn your the sh1t out of your eyes and fix that.

Now thats out done you can finally see your fat, wobbly, bald or too hairy but dont worry we got lots of things a minger like you can buy in the hope of some day getting your ass off the couch and be able to go out among normal people without the need to cover your wonky head in disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

If i don't like an add that i come across then i just switch the channel without letting it get to the point where im thinking of breaking my flat screen t.v, sure isn't that what the remote is for :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Fizman wrote: »
    I know what you are saying and as the saying goes "There's no bad publicity etc etc", but I can safely say that several instances of bad/irritable advertising has put me off a product. e.g. I'll grab a Ballygowen or Riverrock before I go near a cheeky Volvic. I'm sure I'm not alone here! :p

Sorry - volvic is the best tasting water there is!! Why the hell dont you people change the channel - thats what a digibox is for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭fairycakes

Sky ads with George Hook

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Those fcuking aviva ads with the gimpy dolls in them.
    FCUK me i would love to burn those bastárds - big gimpy heads on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

i press the mute button for ads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

fairycakes wrote: »
    Sky ads with George Hook

The other one about his grandkids "gambling" (:confused::eek:) on his knee really annoyed me. I think the new one about everyone in Ireland bein a millionaire is funny though. Somethin about the way he says it. I detest the man in general however...

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

The ad with the jingle, " we buy any car, dot com "

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

consultech wrote: »
    The other one about his grandkids "gambling" (:confused::eek:) on his knee really annoyed me. I think the new one about everyone in Ireland bein a millionaire is funny though. Somethin about the way he says it. I detest the man in general however...

GAMBOLING
    it means playing!!

bluewolf wrote: »
    GAMBOLING
    it means playing!!

He makes no attempt to pronounce that "o"! Freudian slip imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

The Feckin cornetto ad with the two dummies and two eejits on the deckchairs:mad:.............reveal your insides or some sh1t!

Sweet Mother of Jaybus, was someone PAID to come up with that:eek: And it's on everywhere all the time:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I really really hate it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

noone's mentioned that annoying 'wood preservation society' song yet...??? (dunno what company they're for).

'meet the feebles' crossed with sneezy, happy, and dozy, all living in your shed, pouncing singingly on a bit of fence that needs to be revarnished.

WTF???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

That new Sun ad with Terry Venables singing Elvis "If I can dream".

The ad is a nightmare.

I dream he'd shut the fook up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

That c**t rambling on about 'Sky caring', what a patronising load of crap. Pulling recessionary heart strings and digs at UPC at the same time, then the end of the ad saying the prices are going up in September..

Piss off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

The febreeze add with the mother sniffing the smell of ass of her sons chair.
    Then hot chicks walk in and thier all like "Oh yay, no more ass smell"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

Sky ads with George Hook

God, these make me angry :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Sky ads with George Hook

and what even makes it more gaulling is before the Munster V Sale game in Thomond Park 2006 which was the last free to air game, George Hook went on a massive rant about the death of terestrial television and even wore a black tie for the occassion! He called Thomond Park ' a cathedral of equality' because everyone could enjoy the sport.

But Sky "care" now George

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dammo

1,2,3,4, can I have a little more?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

"Hello eircom, jim speaking"

Me - " hello jim, i'm going to find out where you live and i'm going to come around some night and kill you with my bare hands you ugly little chin bearded gimp"......drop receiver!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

lol, a friend of mine shifted him in the Roisin last summer, lets just say he's a bit...odd.:eek:

He was my RA in college. He's actually a sound,nice bloke but comedy really isn't his forte which is bewildering considering he is a comedian.

Ad I can't stand at the moment are the Nestle Cluster ad's. That annoying dad eating all the nuts and clusters with his stupid irritating kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

mfceiling wrote: »
    "Hello eircom, jim speaking"

Me - " hello jim, i'm going to find out where you live and i'm going to come around some night and kill you with my bare hands you ugly little chin bearded gimp"......drop receiver!!
    As an eircom customer, I hate it with a passion.

And Dublin's "skyline" behind the Samuel Beckett bridge in the new ad? Have to laugh at it. Manhattan by the Liffey :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 hdcott

Best thread that I've read since I joined! Just wasted an hour in work reading it and laughing out loud A LOT!! Smug 'cheeky volvic guy' tops it for me and that ad on the radio with the 2 talking cows going on about ambrosia yoghurt in their deranged voices - aaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh.

• Advertisement

Dammo wrote: »
    1,2,3,4, can I have a little more?

Al-toge-ther now, Altogether now!

Advertisement