Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads that make you want to break your TV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

That new 98FM ad......... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lifelike

nummnutts wrote: »
    The discover Ireland advert with that shítty song by those two twats singing "I need to go/I need to get away from everything/I need to go and get away from hyurrrrrrrr....." or something along those lines.

It really písses me off.

Well actually that ad isn't too bad.

But this ad, on the other hand :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Watch it a second time and you can really see how annoying that damn ad is when played over and over again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

theres a really stupid one that says "text us your name and your partners name and we'll text you back the perfect name for your baby", presumably for an exhorbitant cost, and presumably they;ll keep texting you at this cost

i think a similar crowd also offer to tell you your compatibility based on names :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

You know the Ad for Sky with George Hook? Can't find it, so here's a better one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Bleedin Delish

ha love it Apres match are legends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭bucks777

get sky plus and you wont have to watch ads...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Hauk wrote: »
    CARLA??

CARLA??

The intern CARLA??

Carla can die. :mad:
    Oh so yes! That is a very good shout! Also, from the recent past, those Vauxhall/Opel Corsa "c'mon" ads!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu2xcyifTAw
    Although she could come for a ride in my Fiesta anytime she wanted!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Anyone see the new terenure AIB one? She opened a salon and cut hair apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

There's a new 'Big Switch' one, at least, I hadn't seen it before.

Your one shows up to some guy washing his car. Think it's 'Dave'. She says that she'll carry on the washing while he goes and makes the big switch. He does so and comes back, and declares that she missed a spot.

'Yeah, nice one Dave.'

NO IT'S YOU WHO COULDN'T CLEAN THE CAR FRICKIN' BÍTCH! GET OFF MY SCREEN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

The only ads that really rile me are the ones where there are kids on the toilet. There was a few of them a few years ago, I think OP mentioned one.
    They're just bloody minging. Stop it, ad people!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭collegegal

the new vodafone broadband in a box ad!! where some dipstick walks into his flash apartment and takes the world and his mother out of a red box on the table...then folds it up again really small and heads out again??! What's that all about?! Plus! The most ridiculous thing he takes out of the box is vodafone's stupid solution to a fixed line broadband, which you have to connect a dongle anyway!! convenient don't ya think? eh NO!

forget the broadband....where can ya buy that magic red box does anyone know?, now that would be convenient!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

The Green Giant ad where that stupid, gullible kid says in the most vile English accent "So if I eat French fries I'll be French?"

the Abrakebabra ad featuring Jedward...need I say more?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭piby

The ad for West Coast Cooler with all the girls in it which really tries to tap into the whole Sex and the City vibe! Drinking West Coast will make you classy and fabulous :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

That one where the woman says "I can't belive I can't belive I can't belive it's not butter is better than I can't belive it's not butter" I feel like throwing my TV out the window every time I see this ad!:mad:

any ads for the monstrosity of a show called Glee

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

Did anyone see that ad which completely nicked the Adidas Impossible is Nothing ad style? Can't remember what it was, television or insurance or whatever, but it was such a ridiculous copy.

StereoLove wrote: »
    That one where the woman says "I can't belive I can't belive I can't belive it's not butter is better than I can't belive it's not butter" I feel like throwing my TV out the window every time I see this ad!:mad:

Its not butter?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    The Green Giant ad where that stupid, gullible kid says in the most vile English accent "So if I eat French fries I'll be French?"

NO! if you eat french fries, you'll be a french fry!! not a french person!! you stupid *&^%ing child!!

how is the idea of you are what you eat that hard to understand!!??

GREEN GIANT sweet corn. fcuk off

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭jonnygiles

The I hardly ever buy fairy liquid ad, too f***in rite i dont off I go to Aldi and get some magnum instead!

The worst dubbed ad ive ever seen has to be the kellogs crunchy nut ad where your man in the radio booth says how delicious the cereal is while lipreading it in german or something

Heres a legendary ad to take those horrors out of my mind...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Any ad that pretends to be foreign by putting in an accent and random French words here and there.

We're not French for **** sake!!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

That Sprite ad where that rapper Drake has his entire body split apart when he drinks a gulp of Sprite. It's disturbing. Plus he makes a really annoying lip-licking face before he starts to rap.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭CorsetIsTight

PrettyBoy wrote: »

I wish I could thank this post more than once.

"Greeeeeen Jyiiiii-un.....?" :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Lizzzard

Carla????

The blond Carla????

The intern Carla????

The nurse who eats ham & cheese sandwiches Carla????

The one who gets dressed in the morning and comes to work before going home Carla????

No it's a different Carla your dumb fcuking bicth!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭RachPie

GO COMPAAAAAAAAARE... GO F^&$ OFF!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

collegegal wrote: »
    Its not butter?!
    Apperently not:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VfKznX8hkw&feature=related

The ad is ok.

It's that piece of sh*t song on it that gets on my tits in a big way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I think that the worst thing a company can do is have their ad on too often. Anything in moderation is fine, even Poo at Paul's was hilariously random on first viewing. But 100 ad breaks and 100 viewings later it just gets so ingrained in to one's mind that it gets horrifically annoying, and it's original purpose, to promote the company, is overwhelmed by a sense of anger and frustration.

"Just for a while... just for a while."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

That bloody Diet Coke ad where all the puppets work in some office and then she knocks her files over, is raaagin for a diet coke so she dances with the office like some horrible talent show group and then gets her can.

It's horribly done, has horrible looking puppets and makes me hate flashdance even more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

bigbadbear wrote: »
    Love the ad.........
    Love the song.........

Discover Ireland always have the best ads ever

This is for you nummnuts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvaIO9Gb7Jg

Well done.

Advertisement