Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads that make you want to break your TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭obi604

3 Your Mind ....you know the one.

Bird drying her hair with a towel...watching a medical drama on TV...girl doc says to boy doc...I love you because I know you love me...

and then the retarded hair drying wench says "No he doesn't, he's seeing Carla behind your back."

And then the girl doc bint says: (In a particularly shrill Yankee voice)

CARLA!!!!!!!....THE BLOND CARLA!!!!!!....THE INTERN CARLA!!!!?????

Does my brain in every time.

hought it was only me but I seriously despise this ad, every time it xame on it wrecked my head, straight away it was mute or change xhannel. i think what made it more annoying was the frequency of it, lord jaysus twas on every f*@kin 10 minutes.

To be honest when ads come on now I isually mute them, moat ads now do my head on and ad brwaks just seem to be gettong longer and longer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

at least there generally not as annoying as the american adds.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGcZwfBbXU0

any ad that trys to tell a story or something or uses "catchy" music or phrases wrecks my head...

harvey norman and cilt bang come to mind... and those ads with the paper towels and the men dressed as women...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

There are a few but mainly when the christmas ad's come on! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

That bald son of a bitch is going to die.die.die
    *buys new TV*

also the new vodafone ad where they tell you:

buying a smart phone is not about how many apps are availabe for it.
    Buying a new smart phone is not about the size of the screen.
    Buying a new smart phone is all about getting it on a network you can rely on...?

That's grand, I'll buy one of your ****e android phones and alls ok because I can rely on the network :/

get a friggen life vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

orourkeda wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VfKznX8hkw&feature=related

The ad is ok.

It's that piece of sh*t song on it that gets on my tits in a big way.

One of the few ads on tv that actually makes me angry. I automatically switch channels when it starts.

That ain't singing, thats screaming. Its up there with the alarm clock noise in the list of annoying sounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

The GoCompare ones with that lad with the moustache and singing go compare:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

The "cash for gold" ads on north american tv drive me crazy!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 flamboosh

"He may be born in Germany, but his feet will touch Irish soil first".

UGH STOP TRYING TO BE "DEEP" AND "TOUCHING", YOU'RE ADVERTISING FCUKING BUTTER!

Sorry....but that Kerrygold ad really does my head in. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

LOL at watching tv. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

One of the few ads on tv that actually makes me angry. I automatically switch channels when it starts.

That ain't singing, thats screaming. Its up there with the alarm clock noise in the list of annoying sounds.

Nothing wrong with that ad... nothing wrong at all>
    Especially, the nice girl in the bikini!!!... oh.. wait. that's what's bothering you, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

neaideabh wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with that ad... nothing wrong at all>
    Especially, the nice girl in the bikini!!!... oh.. wait. that's what's bothering you, isn't it?

nope, don't mind the visuals.

Its just the ear-grating screaming voices of the 2 'singers' in the cover music that makes me want to smash my tv off the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

haven't read the thread but i assume the envirofone advert has been mentioned at least once on every page

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Youtube comment: What a cúntingly horrible advert, fúcking awful.

Sums it up nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

That new Wii Sports ad with the grey haired old bag, so fake its embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭mikerowsopht

I think I'm gonna need.........more ties !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean wtf is this add about. 1st off all they couldn't be arsed converting his speech from foreign into english.

Secondly I thought this add was about ties but think it's about hair dye

Hate add's that are imported, and then not converted into english.

hmmm fresh - frabreeze add - mean wtf

trollrant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Hate add's that are imported, and then not converted into english.

Like EVERY Kinder ad ever created! Grr......

And I'd like to mention again - every Harvey Norman ad. Grrr........ Those ads have made me NEVER want to step into a Harvey Norman shop, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

That Bank ad where the bint turns off the shower water and robs your mans toast and generally acts the annoying twat, I hope when they got to the bank he closed the account and gave her the heave ho. Bint

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

cost sofa ads buy a room get a free tv arrrrh ( thank goodness for mute on the remote or switching over to a
    other channel)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭chiefbrody1974

Thread clearly inspired by that "Cheeky Volvic" c*nt.

Before him the common enemy seemed to be the carol singing bellend off the meteor ad.

Before him maybe the kid who wants to poo at Paul's.

Do any ads or characters from ads just piss you off for no reason? I have had to stop myself throwing the remote at the TV for all of the above :mad:

**** sake, it must be a man thing, I hate them two pricks with a passion too. "well I just got a 5 minute break and Im going to neck a cheeky volvic". eejit, real men knock one out on their two minute break!!!

and dont get me started on that meteor "tis the season to be jolly" cvunt aswell!! my girlfriend laffs at me and calls me manic, when I try desperately try to articulate my hatred for these bastards, I just cant do it, rage takes over and handicaps my literacy, I become a verbal pandoras box of expletives.!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

That ad I can't think what they are advertising where the granny is in the back seat of the car and her grand sons in the front. They just put makeup on the 30 something old mother to make her look older. Were they trying to cut costs by not hiring an older woman to play the granny?

The ad with the idiot in the cupboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

any halifax advert, especially that ISA ISA baby one with the bint's head doing a bladder on a stick impression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

The ad for washing liquid with a load of whingebag kids saying how great they are at hugging.

A right piece of sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

A radio ad but, the jingle for 8202020. Mostly because of the voice, though the man's voice they have doing it now isn't half as irrationally infuriating as the woman's. It's something about the 'twen' in twenty that goes RIGHT up her nose, and the e is dragged out too long - I'm actually getting bothered just THINKING about it.

Also, the 085 is spoken once while the ad starts and finishes with a sung 8202020.

So when you actually need the bloody number, you forget the 085 and of course get no response from texting 8202020.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,926 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

voted worst ad of the year stateside

• Registered Users Posts: 22 GillyBo

that add for sky hd with the blue monsters...think they are called the spenglars or some crap like that..cant stand that add :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

The birdseye ad. A polar bear in your frezzer telling you what to have for dinner.

FFS

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,173 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ivan Answer. Fúck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I have a hatred for the Tesco mobile ad for some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

STIG83 wrote: »
    I have a hatred for the Tesco mobile ad for some reason

The UK ones are pretty good though
    http://youtu.be/WWc-UBis4uk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

irish-stew wrote: »
    The birdseye ad. A polar bear in your frezzer telling you what to have for dinner.

FFS

:mad:
    Not as annoying as an idiot that fcuked up the country in your cupboard telling you what paper to read on Sunday.

Advertisement