Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads that make you want to break your TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

the harvey norman ads grrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

irish-stew wrote: »
    The birdseye ad. A polar bear in your frezzer telling you what to have for dinner.

FFS

:mad:

thats right katie, prawns!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvbujX4hXOg

not that i hate it.... more of a classic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Senokot ad I think.

Some bird is sitting at home miserable because she can't ****. Takes the senokot or what ever and then the whole world become brilliant and the paparazzi are out taking pictures of her.
    I have been pleased with some of the ****s I have had in my life but never so happy to have the paparazzi out to mark the event.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭jmn89

irish-stew wrote: »
    The birdseye ad. A polar bear in your frezzer telling you what to have for dinner.

At the risk of being lynched, I quite like that ad! It's weird, trippy and original methinks.

My very LEAST favourites are Wymax and Go Compare... I don't know what I'm supposed to go and compare, but I do know that I rather want that moustached genetic catastrophe wiped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

lionela wrote: »
    WHAT ABOUT THAT TOOTHPASTE AD. IN THE SHOPPING MALL WHERE PEOPLE ARE ASKED TO TRY THE NEW TOOTHPASTE WITH ...PRO-ARGIN...WHAT THE F?>"&* IS PRO ARGIN.
    Aww I so wish that would happen in real life, down the shopping centre and you'd get asked to try it, then told 'Now drink this iced water' and you'd sip it and go 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! OH the F*CKIN PAIN!!!!! AWWWW YOU SADISTIC B*STARDS!!!!':D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Overheal wrote: »
    voted worst ad of the year stateside

That scared the crap out of me. Did not remember that I had my volume turned up really loud. :o

Edit: The more I watch it the funnier it gets. The facial expression of him when he says "I know!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Spenglers!

For some reason it annoys the hell out of me when the kid says "but I don't wanna get changed in front of people"

The whole ad is just awful. The worst part is it's on ALL THE TIME :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭eddie the eagle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Those "Scrappage News" ads. That was how the Govt. bailed out the auto industry.

You can see the desperation in the "news announcer"'s eyes, and smell the desperation off your tellybox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

All perfume and cologne ads, all feminine hygiene ads, all baby product ads, all car ads, all film ads because they're bollocks and nothing like the film, basically most ads on telly. That's probably why I haven't watched telly in a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Man I also remember that with glee. It's nuts, were ads just better back then or is it all just nostalgia?

There are little or no ads these days that I find entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Has anyone seen the ad for the Harvey Norman sale?

Bedding Bedding Bedding

Harvey Norman Norman Norman

Kill me now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

the drink/driving ads used to terrify me but now i'm indifferent towards them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cedissapointed

JOBFITS new AD on rte really pisses me off :mad:

They are stealing jobs off us that we could have and talking about thier brand of working for free and how that is a good thing even though it is like the FAS EMPLOYMENT SCAM ROBBING JOBS FROM US ALL!
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

If I'm not quick enough on the mute button the odd time I hear that infuriating song from the Boots ad; 'here come the GIRLS GIRLS...here comes the GIRLS...' :rolleyes::mad:

Makes me want to poke out my eardrums with a corkscrew!
    I've seen it before I know it features a load of bimbos getting ready for an office party in a state of fevered exitement.....evidently the poor cows only annual night out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

All ads,thus why I don't watch tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Thanks for this one. I remember looking for it years ago and it wasn't to be found at the time.

Clearly it have had some inspiration from Gene Kelly in Singin In the Rain, so in that vein I'm going to post this as an example of a good ad....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I used to hate that bloody men's aftershave advert where the fella ran from the bathroom in the nip and you could see his @rse. I think it was for LaCoste. My wife used to think that I was overreacting. I bet if there was an advert featuring a woman's @rse, she'd be giving out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I used to hate that bloody men's aftershave advert where the fella ran from the bathroom in the nip and you could see his @rse. I think it was for LaCoste. My wife used to think that I was overreacting. I bet if there was an advert featuring a woman's @rse, she'd be giving out

Yeah but that's only because you'd have unzipped yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭BillShorey

Has anyone seen the ad for the Harvey Norman sale?

Bedding Bedding Bedding

Harvey Norman Norman Norman

Kill me now
    Yeah, it's the Harvey Norman Hardly Normal sale. Complete and utter tripe and I'm sick of that company showing up on every tv and radio channel, yet the grumpy old fart at the head complains about them making a loss here. Seriously? You're buying premium ad space all the time, at a time where the country simply isn't indulging like it once did (and certainly won't be in Harvey Norman when they can again) and are surprised that money isn't being made? The mind boggles.

Other ads that tend to annoy me are the ones for Vodafone and Meteor. Christ I am so sick of seeing these cool hip kids with their geek-chic plain pane glasses and skinny jeans everywhere lately. They all look like absolute eejits and yet they're being pimped in these ads as "cool" even though the idea they're pimping i.e spending your time at a party texting people (at the party??!) is clearly about as anti-social as you could get without staying home.

The 123.ie ads are pretty appalling but aren't at the level of Harvey Norman's yet. **** you Ivan Answer.

To be honest though, most of the time I'm watching tv I hit pause on the + box and let time run a while and fast forward through the ads. Life is much less frustrating like that, it's just a shame they don't have an equivilent for the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

i hate the wimax ad with a vengeance. Its the smarmy attitude and singing of your man. He is trying to tap into the miami coolness of jack johnson.
    But your not cool, your bald singing an annoying jingle.

It is the most i have hated an ad in a long while

Has to be the Wimax ad, unbelievably annoying and goes round and round in your head. Feel sorry for my mate who works for them cos apparently that 'song' is the ringtone on the phones there, now that would drive me mental!

But guys, it's a-comin' across the nation! It's the new sensation!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

BillShorey wrote: »
    But guys, it's a-comin' across the nation! It's the new sensation!

I hate you. And no i am not joking !!!

Well i suppose they are the new generation and a sensation too.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

I'll start with the obvious Go Compare ads. I was very close at one stage to throwing the TV around when it came on once. Also the Bulmers ads and its annoying tune, the 11850 ads with the two 1980's guys, the Wimax ads, any car ad.

The webuyanycar.com ads are fantastic though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Harvey fcukin Norman

/thread

go go go go go go gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I can't stand that new Fig Roll advert. The one where the two Dublin wacker gobsh!tes are dressed in red spandex and are supposed to be taste buds.
    It's daft. Everyone knows that Fig Rolls are rotten

Advertisement