Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads that make you want to break your TV

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I used to hate that bloody men's aftershave advert where the fella ran from the bathroom in the nip and you could see his @rse. I think it was for LaCoste. My wife used to think that I was overreacting. I bet if there was an advert featuring a woman's @rse, she'd be giving out

Oh, I love that advert.:D
    But I hate most telly ads - espcially the mind numbingly depressing Harvey Norman ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Quite possibly the best advertisement in the history of the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUEkOVdUjHc

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

irish-stew wrote: »
    The birdseye ad. A polar bear in your frezzer telling you what to have for dinner.

FFS

:mad:

Oh maaan, i fupping hate that ad! I have such a thing against Polar bears now...Grrr...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Jesus, that yellow thing sounds exactly the same as one of my workmates! :eek: :mad:
    BillShorey wrote: »
    Other ads that tend to annoy me are the ones for Vodafone and Meteor. Christ I am so sick of seeing these cool hip kids with their geek-chic plain pane glasses and skinny jeans everywhere lately. They all look like absolute eejits and yet they're being pimped in these ads as "cool" even though the idea they're pimping i.e spending your time at a party texting people (at the party??!) is clearly about as anti-social as you could get without staying home.
    Go on, sure thay are using their cool phones texting each other to meet in Kildare St and protest for a while and be cool :D :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

"Kinder Pingui, kinder, kinder pingui"

Oh fúck off! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I just saw that Harvey Norman ad... Jesus Christ almighty...

Someone call Joe Duffy to stop it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I hate that ad on the radio and sometimes on the telly that goes
    BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW.

Sounds like a rabid Kilkenny supporter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

We looove Miss Selfridges! Fabulous underwear!

Argh!

Best moment is the aul wan

I bought books!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Bryan4president

I hate the Sky ads, with those bloody annoying spenglers. Really irritates me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jmckelly

Omg, how I want to stuff that sandwich down the throat of your one from the O'Briens ad. Rather make a sandwich out of blue mouldy bread than eat her sandwich.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

That ad with the garda in killinaskully, yourman says we need to descrouge that guy. Maybe it would be better to deyank yourman :rolleyes: When the other idiot (they look like twins) says seriously Heow it makes me want to break the tv :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

the new mcdonald's christmas ad, when yer one goes "and a vanililililiililililililiililililililillla milkshake" ... don't know why, but it gets on my tits something terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

What I hate about that Birdseye polar bear ad, is the fact that the polar bear is trying to convince the woman to eat food that is ALREADY IN HER FREEZER. She has already bought them! You don't need to sell them to her any further!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Fortune_Cookie

I never watch ads. During the ad breaks, I hit the mute button on the remote and go put the kettle on, go to the bathroom, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭kiwi123

The knorr season and shake ad where the Mam gets the kids to help her make dinner and then starts dancing. Then when they are sitting at the table and they say the food is great mam, not your dancing.

I actually hate it.

Also the mild fajita one where they are at the fair and they all start dancing outside a carnival stand.

Both of these make me angry
    :mad:

I never watch ads. During the ad breaks, I hit the mute button on the remote and go put the kettle on, go to the bathroom, etc.
    If you stopped drinking so much tea you wouldn't need to go to the bathroom as often ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Loopsie

AH I GET TO VENT!!!!!!!!!!
    I have never despised something as much as the volvic ad..............that frickin idiot, his voice is like nails on a chalk board to me.................and who the hell has 'a cheeky volvic' at 11am!! You REBEL!
    There are many cheeky things in life........... cheeky ride, cheeky kiss,cheeky smoke, cheeky drink..................A CHEEKY VOLVIC IS NOT AND NEVER WILL BE ONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I really hate that phone ad (I think it's Vodafone) where the guy goes into a wee shed but runs out of credit and can't find the light switch. So he presses every switch in the shed and the whole city blows up.

Why would there be switches that are wired to blow up all the buildings in the city? And, why are they kept in a garden shed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

that ad with the guy singing with the guitar - its for imagine.ie. I Hate it. The guy is sooo sleazy or something - I have to turn it off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

Really stupid one for the irish news of the world.

Paul Williams opens the ad by saying ''Irish criminals have changed, they are younger, better organised and much more dangerous'' or something like that. Then he ruins it all by saying: ''thats why i've moved to the irish news of the world''.

I mean, wtf??? How is moving newspaper going to help stop organised crime????

LOL he's a plonker at the best of times.

i

• Advertisement

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I can't stand that new Fig Roll advert. The one where the two Dublin wacker gobsh!tes are dressed in red spandex and are supposed to be taste buds.
    It's daft. Everyone knows that Fig Rolls are rotten

They must be trying to copy them stupid UK ads that have fat fcukers running around in leotards :rolleyes: or middle aged men dressed as women :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

Hate that Meteor ad 'Um Fintan We're gonna like totally have to loike de scrouge our boss if thats even like a word' :mad::mad:

Also the ad (possibly Uncle Ben) where the guy tells the rice he knows it doesnt have any artifical flavours in it and then the microwave opens!!!:mad::mad:

God Bless Sky+ :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

The spenglers are starting to get on my tits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I despise the Go Compare ads with the opera singer that man is annoying.. Ugh! Fcuk off already! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

nermal15 wrote: »
    What I hate about that Birdseye polar bear ad, is the fact that the polar bear is trying to convince the woman to eat food that is ALREADY IN HER FREEZER. She has already bought them! You don't need to sell them to her any further!

that polar bear is just bloody creepy and who has that little stuff in the freezer that bloody polar bear can fit in it:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Those hair dye ads with the "she's got betty davis eyes" song in them always leave me cold.
    They just seem to be women throwing each other really dirty looks for no reason.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

The new hair dye ad, I can't remember which brand but the woman who is dying her hair is wearing a white jumper while dying her hair, makes me angry everytime I see it:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

df1985 wrote: »
    "autoglass repair, autoglass replace" .........**** OFF!

Hi I'm Luke. I failed my junior cert. fancy some of my special resin??

Knob!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Swish! SWISH! SWISH

The ad is bad enough but it's the forced kookiness and cheeriness of Cat Deeley (I think it's her) that really bugs me. Even the smile looks forced and fake. And don't get me started on the "giggle".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Peared wrote: »
    Swish! SWISH! SWISH

The ad is bad enough but it's the forced kookiness and cheeriness of Cat Deeley (I think it's her) that really bugs me. Even the smile looks forced and fake. And don't get me started on the "giggle".

I do like Cat Deeley :)

Advertisement