Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads that make you want to break your TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

OPENROAD wrote: »
    I do like Cat Deeley :)

Yeah but listen to that pathetic trying oh so hard to be girly and fun giggle next time it's on and tell me it doesn't make you want to slap her. And not in the good fun way either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭amacca

PaulieC wrote: »
    Hi I'm Luke. I failed my junior cert. fancy some of my special resin??

Excellent...this will work well as some dialogue in my new adult film.

yesss......you squeeze my resin into the crack lady....just like thats...give it a couple of minutes and were done...you can even get the cost covered on your insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Guinness ads, that Budweiser ad with the giant snooker cue, that meteor ad, the fig rolls ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

just witnessed one Gaz Coombes flogging a Toyota Aris. how surprised was I? :eek: i know he's out of a job n all but.. Rush Hour Soul eh.

clearly In It for The Money.

The guiness rugby country ad - so up its own arse that it sees daylight again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

The new Meteor one. Makes me wanna ass-rape my TV.

This company's ads have been so consistantly brutal over the years,
    I am now convinced that they hate humanity.

Well the feeling is mutual: I fcuking hate Meteor.

If I was stranded in the desert - with a phone full of Meteor credit being the difference between death and rescue - I'd choose death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

I hate those stupid actimel ads.

Drink this and it'll magically improve your natural defenses and somehow protect you against the weather too. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Peared wrote: »
    Swish! SWISH! SWISH

The ad is bad enough but it's the forced kookiness and cheeriness of Cat Deeley (I think it's her) that really bugs me. Even the smile looks forced and fake. And don't get me started on the "giggle".

+1

God I'd love to batter the Markeshing moron who came up with that idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Makes me wanna ass-rape my TV.

Seek help bro!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Min wrote: »
    ..that Budweiser ad with the giant snooker cue.

I don't like that ad also.. and I have no idea why, the pace of it, or just that it is way too long. I switch the second I see it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Kendannedy

I just saw one for Boots that had two women with running noses talking about how busy they were while buying painkillers for their husbands who were "sick in bed". The tagline was "For when he's sick and you don't have time to be".

Nothing more infuriating then that stupid myth that men are chronic malingerers, while women are running around doing errands like Bruce Willis on Christmas Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Dunno.
    Probably some ad for TV set insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

There is an ad that I dislike immensely.
    I don't know exactly what it is for, Uncle Ben something or other.
    A group of ninjas following a sign for Dublin in crouching tiger hidden dragon effect, pass the Lord Nelson pub.
    Where the fcuk in Ireland are you going to see a pub called the LORD NELSON???

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭andrew cross

the guinness ad for a white christmas any ad for a white christmas, anyone wishing or singing for a white christmas, i will slay all, no mercy blood on the snow, kill, kill kill :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Those safe food ads where somebody goes on about how they don't need to eat healthy despite being quite the fatty - why are they always Northern Irish?? It's ****in baffling!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭damienmcd

The Meteor Scrooge Boss ads. The little blonde kid that says "Merry christmas to everybody" irritates the life out of me!

One of my mates is in the ad and she said he was the most annoying little f**ker she's ever met and she loves kids!

PaulieC wrote: »
    Seek help bro!
    Recognise when someone is taking the piss.
    Bro!

Recognise when someone is taking the piss.
    Bro!

Recognise when somebody is also joking...I'll leave you off this time ya pup :)

Nice one, bro! ;)

The Optilase ad.

"It's a week on after the surgery and I needn't have been so worried". P1ss off Fiona! You're better off not getting your eyes done coz now you'll see that you're in bits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Peared wrote: »
    Swish! SWISH! SWISH

The ad is bad enough but it's the forced kookiness and cheeriness of Cat Deeley (I think it's her) that really bugs me. Even the smile looks forced and fake. And don't get me started on the "giggle".
    She laughs just like Dr. Hibbert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

The Ikea ad....."You will always find me in the kitchen at parties"

Yeah and if I was at that party I'd shoot the lot of you!!

The Ikea ad....."You will always find me in the kitchen at parties"

Yeah and if I was at that party I'd shoot the lot of you!!

Damn catchy choon in the ad though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

All those personal injury law firm ads.

''were you involved in an accident in work?''

''Is it entirely your own fault?''

''Are you a fat munter with a fcuked up fringe?''

''Are you retarded enough to climb up the wrong type of ladder without questioning it with noone footing it at the base?''

''Were you off work for seven months for slipping on some fcuking water on the ground?''

''Well then....Maybe you need to have a horrible accident and be found guilty of fraud''!

GRRR:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

"can you tell I've been playing on the x box?":mad:
    That woman has a really ridiculous voice.

orourkeda wrote: »
    The spenglers are starting to get on my tits

they just make no sense...which makes me angry:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Those new ads mimicking The Shawshank Redemption.

There's two of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

"can you tell I've been playing on the x box?":mad:
    That woman has a really ridiculous voice.

That ad makes me hate xbox.

Also that ad with northern fat bird going about all the fat she lost while ordering a quick munch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Remmy wrote: »
    All those personal injury law firm ads.

I especially enjoy the ones with Don Beech from "The Bill", not a dodgier guy could be found. He just screams "Fancy being part of a scam?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭boblong

Those Tena Lady ads that are on GOLD I think.

Also, the ad for some slimming product or something featuring a "comedienne" who says "I just want to be able to zip it up!" and the crowd erupts in laughter. I haven't seen it in a while (luckily), but I hated it more than words can describe.

Advertisement