Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads that make you want to break your TV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

The ad for envirofone that features the two worst actors to ever get excited about a cheque for €150.
    yeah, i f*cking hate that ad as well. i looked up my phone to see how much i'd get...€3.50 ffs. like i'd give it to that shower cnuts who'd sell it on for €50!!!!

i really hate that plenty ad.. Juan sheet does plenty....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

whiteman19 wrote: »

Ah I dunno... I think that's intentionally bad. Like the Bounty ladies. I kinda like that one

Ah I dunno... I think that's intentionally bad. Like the Bounty ladies. I kinda like that one
    those ads were funny at least...just daft..bounty>plenty :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Like the Bounty ladies. I kinda like that one

Which one, Maureen or Barbara? :pac:

PK2008 wrote: »
    Which one, Maureen or Barbara? :pac:
    both :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

Harvey Norman?

Can't get more annoyin than their ads :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

For whatever unfathomable reason I was under the impression that the staff in Harvey Normans would shout at you all the time.

It put me off going into their stores.

The ads are VERY LOUD and BRASH!!!!!!

Maybe the copywriters are deaf...........................

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

That air freshener one with the annoying girl at the end that sniffs the air and goes 'WOW! FRESH!'

Every time I see that ad I want to grab her by the hair and pull her out of the tv so I can slap her.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

Dinxminx wrote: »
    That air freshener one with the annoying girl at the end that sniffs the air and goes 'WOW! FRESH!'

Every time I see that ad I want to grab her by the hair and pull her out of the tv so I can slap her.

Oh, that reminds me of another air-freshener one where the characters are lookin at some woman's rock collection and then they ask where did she get a certain one from, but it actually isn't a rock at all but an air-freshener.... genius!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Wow... I feel genuine sympathy for you.

How often do you randomly get punched really really hard in the face?

Just the once so far.

But I strangled the cnut with the hideous festive scarf I was wearing at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭The HorsesMouth

The youghurt adds have to be up there with the most annoying.

The one where the yerone is jealous that her friend feels, in a bridget-jonesesque voice, 'decidedly better' cause shes eating a ****ing youghurt.

And the one for activia...what a classic one-liner.
    'Activia youghurt - now in handy individual pots'.

Were we all eating it out of a wheelbarrow before or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

Oh, that reminds me of another air-freshener one where the characters are lookin at some woman's rock collection and then they ask where did she get a certain one from, but it actually isn't a rock at all but an air-freshener.... genius!! :rolleyes:

"It's by Glade you know" -- oh the fury, that and S C Johnson, a family company. Come here until I end you :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

WEBUYANYCAR (dot com)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

gillette ad about a guy having his blades checked out - "Oh, how did i not spot that?" CAUSE YOUR a PONCE!

First time I saw it I thought the guy was Jamie "the secret ingredient is my spit" Oliver. Made me dislike it even more.
    whiteman19 wrote: »

Sounds more like "One sh1t does plenty"

I hate the Haribo ads and any ad that has kids doing adult stuff - there's one with a baby in a suit that makes me want to give myself a vasectomy with a rusty spoon.

Thanks to Sky+ I don't see many ads anymore. I even give programs 15 mins to build up so I can skip at least half the ads. I'm so sad. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

"autoglass repair, autoglass replace" .........**** OFF!

"123, .ie, just log on and save money"

"dull? limp? lifeless? thats me husband after i batter him wy-aye!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Just watched the Volvic ad for the first time. Am I up for the challenge?! Bugger me go on then!

A litre and a half of water a day!? your like ****ing rambo!

What a bellend.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭JaneLane

I hate this ad with all of my being!!

http://dmlnk.com/v/196411EA01896

'I got this one in the supermarket'. Go and die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

Ads that are talked about , is that not good marketing.

Yeah, I think that the Go Compare adds are both very annoying and very successful. We all have heard of the website now.

So we are stuck with annoying adds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

That one for senecot with the woman putting food in her bag as a metaphor for constipation. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

That spar add with Ferg the retard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The one where the two little witches press-gang their dad into dyeing his hair so he gets a date.

I console myself by imagining that he eventually marries the woman he's dating at the end of the advert, only for her to persuade him to put both kids into care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

smk89 wrote: »
    Whoever made the Go Compare ad should be shot of a cannon into the centre of the sun.

It's just so annoying. If they were in this country I'd vow never to use them

FYP. I want to kill that hammy bastard. Even muting the TV, there is no escape from that goddawful war cry of "GOOOOO COMAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRE"!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Actually that new ad with yer wan from EastEnders spinning around in a chair eating Activia.

I can't stand her and her TLC diarrhea goop and especially can't stand the way she's holding the pot perfectly so in EVERY DAMN SCENE the logo is staring at us. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Bazzy wrote: »
    why has no one mentioned the we but any car .com ad i would string whoever made that up by the bolli*

For the sheer hell of it, i put my nearly 20 year old car's details into that website. It offered me £70.

Fair enough i thought.

Then at the end it said there was an administration charge of £49.95 on the transaction. Hmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Gulliver wrote: »
    Thanks to Sky+ I don't see many ads anymore. I even give programs 15 mins to build up so I can skip at least half the ads. I'm so sad. :(

Is that you, George Hook?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Gulliver wrote: »
    Sounds more like "One sh1t does plenty"

I hate the Haribo ads and any ad that has kids doing adult stuff

I thought it was "one sh!t" at the start too. The woman in that ad has MILF qualities though!

The Haribo ad where the little kid runs in and shouts "Sign the 'fession" gets on my nerves!
    That spar add with Ferg.

Saw that today.... Embarrasing stuff.

Wow, just saw the previous post... the ad with George Hook is pretty cringeworthy too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Kirby wrote: »
    Is that you, George Hook?

No its his nephew, you know the one that likes to Gamble on his knee:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭macgrub

Degag wrote: »
    I thought it was "one sh!t" at the start too. The woman in that ad has MILF qualities though!

The Haribo ad where the little kid runs in and shouts "Sign the 'fession" gets on my nerves!

That ad is the biggest rip I have ever seen of "Good Cop Baby Cop "
    Will Ferrell could make a few quid there and sue Haribo.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

The Kerrygold ad - where the farmers made their own ad.

It's cringeworthy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzwS9QEM5TM&feature=related

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

any beauty products that have 'science bits'

"developed using the science of GENES!!!!!" - for Olay. What the hell does that mean anyway? Genetics?

Also the kitchen cleaner that says it can kill bacteria that lives in lava. Lava! ffs... First of all, there's no lava in my fucking kitchen, and any bacteria that lives in lava wouldn't survive in my kitchen or in me anyway. :mad:

Advertisement