Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads that make you want to break your TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

"We buy your gold, for cash".

I dont really get her accent. She sounds like an english person putting on an english accent??

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭macgrub

That 11850 advert with the two spanners handing phones to random people.

Worst of all, I came across a video of the making of this crap.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29gemvlw5ys&feature=player_embedded

I am making it my business to use 11811 or golden pages from now on .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

That butter ad with those silly cows singing 'We're the Kids In America' makes me want to burn down an orphanage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Dunno if this has been said already in this thread and I don't know if its OT to talk about ads that make you want to punch a computer monitor as opposed to a TV but....

If I see Baz knocking on my screen one more fcuking time I won't be held respnsible for my actions

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Karmella

That fecking ad with Wayne Rooney playing against Half Naked Hairy disgusting Wayne Rooney. Seriously makes me want to vomit. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Gulliver wrote: »
    Thanks to Sky+ I don't see many ads anymore. I even give programs 15 mins to build up so I can skip at least half the ads. I'm so sad. :(

I do this sometimes as well.

As for ads I hate, other than the Volvic wanker ("little cheeky volvic", "watch out boys" - followed by a limp wristed prance while playing... BASEBALL :confused: )

There's also the Ambrosia ad, although it's on the radio, so I'd be nuts to to want to break my TV because of it. Some woman with the stupidest, most annoying accent ever as a talking cow saying "I can be a kid, a kid with a tail." AAHHHH :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

those badly dubbed kinder ads! drive me up the wall!
    or when i was in america, there was nothing worse than...

INFO-MERCIALS!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Calibos wrote: »
    Dunno if this has been said already in this thread and I don't know if its OT to talk about ads that make you want to punch a computer monitor as opposed to a TV but....

If I see Baz knocking on my screen one more fcuking time I won't be held respnsible for my actions

need to get out more

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Dr. No

I hate all those actimel, activia yakult etc type ads. They are all just spoofers. I also despise that new guiness ad "area 22" or some bullsh1t like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Penisland

The Christmas ad for Vodafone

"merry christmas babe" :mad:

How pissed of must that guy have been after all the snow after xmass! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Nobody seemed to have mentioned the one for Cilit Bang...."Hii im Barry Scott....:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Not a TV ad, so off topic...BUT, that annoying radio ad for some freight company where the narrator says :

"BLACK AND YELLOW, BLACK AND YELLOW, BLACK AND YELLOW"

...really fast, multiple times! gaaarrgh!!!

Even the "music" is horrific

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

I cant stand that 'Cheeky Volvic' twat either. what knobend came up with that shit.

I've said it before but that Go Compare ad takes the biscuit for being annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Penisland

Noopti wrote: »
    Not a TV ad, so off topic...BUT, that annoying radio ad for some freight company where the narrator says :

"BLACK AND YELLOW, BLACK AND YELLOW, BLACK AND YELLOW"

...really fast, multiple times! gaaarrgh!!!

Even the "music" is horrific

999!!!!!!!!!!!

what

999!!!

you want me to call 999..............

they will need 999 if i catch up with them:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mememealways

All of them!! Thank god for Sky+!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭gagiteebo

It's an ad for some computer company or computer software, not sure what though :confused: but they have to tell you everything about it in less than 15 seconds and there's a little countdown clock in the corner! :mad: makes me so angry especially the one with the girl in a cafe who knocks over her cup at the end...

As mentioned before; cheeky volvic, poo at Paul's, go compare and the one about nail fungus where the little monster lifts up the big toe nail aghhhhh why?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

I hate that add I think its for some sort of air freshner where a mother walks into her sons room and says he cant have friends over with the way it smells, then when his friends walk in a girl goes wow it smells so fresh I just want to rip her head off hahaha.

and this guy well he speaks or should I say shouts for himself:

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭lionela

WHAT ABOUT THAT TOOTHPASTE AD. IN THE SHOPPING MALL WHERE PEOPLE ARE ASKED TO TRY THE NEW TOOTHPASTE WITH ...PRO-ARGIN...WHAT THE F?>"&* IS PRO ARGIN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The (possibly Meteor) one with the people in an office coming up with an invention and the cleaner being all grumpy and asking whether it cleans cups. Can't put my finger on it but there is something really, really infuriating about that ad.
    The guy in the giving up smoking ad - I don't doubt he's a lovely fella but his uber posh accent makes me want to do a Van Gogh on my ears.
    stovelid wrote: »
    The one where the two little witches press-gang their dad into dyeing his hair so he gets a date.

I console myself by imagining that he eventually marries the woman he's dating at the end of the advert, only for her to persuade him to put both kids into care.
    :D

+1 though, horrible ad: "If you are a grey-haired man, you are not worthy of a date - come join us attractive people by dying your hair, then you will be allowed a date!"

Although the ads for women's hair dye contain pretty much the same message ("Greys? What greys?") if not as blatantly insulting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Dudess wrote: »
    +1 though, horrible ad: "If you are a grey-haired man, you are not worthy of a date - come join us attractive people by dying your hair, then you will be allowed a date!"

What about the Blackrock Clinic ad for hair restoration and they keep showing a bloody lion. Are they saying they'll give people a mane? I'd like to see that actually.

Speaking of lions:
    Two men drinking in a bar. Once falls over unconscious.
    Bartender: Hey you can't leave that lyin' on the floor of my bar.
    Customer:That's not a lion. That's my mate. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

lcrcboy wrote: »
    I hate that add I think its for some sort of air freshner where a mother walks into her sons room and says he cant have friends over with the way it smells, then when his friends walk in a girl goes wow it smells so fresh I just want to rip her head off hahaha.

and this guy well he speaks or should I say shouts for himself:

Cillet bang. don't use in your mouth....BANG...and your teeth are gone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

What about the Blackrock Clinic ad for hair restoration and they keep showing a bloody lion. Are they saying they'll give people a mane? I'd like to see that actually.

Speaking of lions:

Here's your coat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭gagiteebo

Speaking of lions:

How long have you been waiting to use that :D I must admit I had a good ould laugh at it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Ad for erectile dysfunction. Creepy is not the word. Thank god for Sky+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKsQg5jPT20

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

Dudess wrote: »
    The (possibly Meteor) one with the people in an office coming up with an invention and the cleaner being all grumpy and asking whether it cleans cups. Can't put my finger on it but there is something really, really infuriating about that ad.

"Ssssstate a yizzzzzz"

/Slowly stands up, goes out to the shed and selects a nice heavy 3 iron. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MrsToad

This Sensodyne one:
    http://www.tellyads.com/show_movie.php?filename=TA8938

"Where is this product going wrong? Nowhere."

She's like a female David Brent, except it's not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

Can't believe no one said these ones that are like a disease on satelitte channels!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_-9QFvhQWo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Thread clearly inspired by that "Cheeky Volvic" c*nt.

Ah man...nothing, absolutely nothing tops that fcukin one for me right now.

Not even them tragic Barry's tea adverts top it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Boots ads with the "here come the girls" song, jaysus would the girls ever **** off.

Advertisement