Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads that make you want to break your TV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 CK75

They are really bad so they grab our attention I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Gunnerkid

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Gunnerkid

the frostys add this is really annyoing:

and here is the best remake to it:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Charlie Brooker's Cocks pop up in the most surprising of places ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

Do you ever go out?

Nope. I sit at home all day watching TV and those 3 ads are just on repeat. Including the two that aren't even aired anymore... That everyone else knew...

Being a dick fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

I'm surprised that no-one has yet mentioned those Vauxhall ads with the creepy puppets

They're not funny or "cool"; just weird and unsettling (are Vauxhall endorsing human/puppet intercourse??)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Any ad by those cnuts in Halifax, whether it be the dancing employees, stupid four eyed twat singing or the lets have a pretend radio station in our office.

Fcuk off and die a long painful death

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

I really, REALLY hope it's been mentioned already - but that 'just slipped out for a cheeky Volvic' guy.....oh sweet merciful Magillicuddy just give me 5 minutes alone.....!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Apologies if it's already been mentioned (too lazy to trawl through the whole thread!), but that little kid's voice saying "zoom zoom" in the Mazda ads. Give me a baseball bat and 10 minutes alone with the marketing 'guru' who thought up that idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kilkennykitten

The Millionaire Raffle adds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh0CUqJ1HBk

"Wouldn't you love to take him home with you"

Yes so I could KICK HIS STUPID LOOKING HEAD IN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Cheeky volvic man will be removing a cheeky bottle from his hole if i ever get the chance :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Chet Zar wrote: »
    'just slipped out for a cheeky Volvic'

ughghghghg. Pretty sure it's been mentioned before but the jedwank ad should be taken out and shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

more the PC screen than the TV but that bloody getoutmore.ie ad at the bottom of the forums with your man Baz is driving me mad, I want to pull him through the screen and smack him.
    STOP IT:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

SeaFields wrote: »
    Cheeky volvic man will be removing a cheeky bottle from his hole if i ever get the chance

You like him that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

You like him that much?

yes....yes i do! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭mojesius

GO COMPARE! Lalala, HATE that ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Has been mentioned already, but the Glade ad with the women looking at yer ones rock collection :mad: Who the hell leaves rocks sitting on their sideboard. And how blind to you have to be to mistake a big lump of grey plastic for a rock?

Also the other Glade one where the woman forgets she has people coming round in 10 mins, but everything is ok, cos she has a Glade candle to light. Cut to her guests arriving and she has a load of food out. Did the candle make the fupping food for her??? (Cos that I would buy :pac:)

All air freshener ads are incredibley annoying and crap. Poo in Pauls house being the prime example.

Still, cheeky volvic guy is gonna take some beating. This and the Go Compare ads are the two that I juts HAVE to turn away from.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Someone mentioned the "radio station" in an office for Halifax ads - the one I really really really hate is that fooken titasauras with her "ISA ISA BABY" oh mrs I'll bate your head in with those headphones you've got on ya!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Ads? Torrents don't have Ads :D

Yes any of those Fabreeze ads are just soo annoying..
    Suppose "open you fcuking windows" doesn't sell products..

only outclassed by the already mentioned Harvey Norman ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Conor OH!

that stupid new "nicorette lozenges" ad with the g!mp with the HORRIBLE voice saying he just "pops one when i feel like having a cigarette" AAAAAAARGH!

infuriating!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭funlovintapir

the citroen "ANTI-RETRO" ad with footage of John Lennon in it, with a really unconvincing fake voiceover, talking about being original. then they show the car and its a wholly unoriginal boring car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ph4rZU0Ns4

and another beatles related one thats always on sky news - the budweiser one with the disgustingly twee chirpy cover of 'altogether now'. it drives me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ForceOfNature

i know its on radio but i cant believe no-one has mentioned the right price tiles ad and that plank daft dave:mad:

also that one where phil mitchell goes into the shop and buys the swiss roll:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

the child on the chocolate cake ad. I don't know who makes it but the child is seriously on drugs or something. "Oh I'm hungry thinking about it already" in some sing-song slow creepy voice. :(:mad:
    And the other one with the stupid child trying to fit a tricycle into the dishwasher and the mother just standing there grinning stupidly at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

harvey norman, the glade advert and the halifax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sophisticated6y

That b**** on the vanish ad, mrs if you come into my house like that without any warning the last thing i'd be worried about is stains on my son's tennis shirt.

The Wayne Rooney vs Wayne Rooney powerade ad. It'd make you wish you were blind.

Or the petis flous one, "kids will always be kids" well...no they wont. They'll grow up and stop bothering mums or whatever she says. That ad just bothers me!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Have to echo the anger at John Lennon's image being falsified to shill a ****ing car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭GTE

All of them already said Im sure.

The tool from the Volvic ad.
    The tool from the Christmas Meteor ad.
    The tool from the Vodaphone white Christmas ad.
    Those tools from France who sell bad cars but make good rally cars and their latest ad campaign.
    Those Jedward tools just because they are absolute tools
    Cash for Gold toolette
    Wimax because the song is stupid and Im sure someone involved in that is a tool
    Anything to do with the tool on tool combo of jordan and peter andre
    That little bearded jackass in the Eircom add, feckin ugh\
    George hook and his sky plus adds, would he soak up that spit before he talks for damnations sake!
    My ex, shes an ad for . . right wrong thread. . .

EDIT:
    bluewolf wrote: »
    the child on the chocolate cake ad. I don't know who makes it but the child is seriously on drugs or something. "Oh I'm hungry thinking about it already" in some sing-song slow creepy voice. :(:mad:.

The way he speaks reminds me of Salad Fingers
    http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

haha, those few first lines are pefect for that kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The Autoglass ads - the song does my head in.

Any of those 11890/1188 ads

The 8 second Windows Explorer 8 ads.

The Envirophone ad. WONGA!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Lukekul wrote: »
    "It's by Glade you know" -- oh the fury, that and S C Johnson, a family company. Come here until I end you :mad:

Yeah what is up with that line on all their ads?
    It's like we're not to sure if we should buy it or not....

--- oh my god! It's by GLADE!

Must buy two in case one breaks!!!

Head wrecking!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭kdave

I hardly ever have to buy fairy liquid

Advertisement