Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain Fire (Ros Muc - Carna)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

That was some fire, going for three days I think? I was talking to a guy in the city yesterday, he mentioned that some cattle had gotten burnt? I've not been able to find out anything on that, has anyone here heard anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

johngalway wrote: »
    That was some fire, going for three days I think? I was talking to a guy in the city yesterday, he mentioned that some cattle had gotten burnt? I've not been able to find out anything on that, has anyone here heard anything?

Yes, some cattle and sheep were killed. :(
    As you can see from the photo the fire is going against the wind.

People who had there turf saved had the lot burnt on the bog too. If you ever worked on the bog, you must know that it's awful kick in the liathroidi for that to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Starie1975 wrote: »
    Yes, some cattle and sheep were killed. :(
    As you can see from the photo the fire is going against the wind.

People who had there turf saved had the lot burnt on the bog too. If you ever worked on the bog, you must know that it's awful kick in the liathroidi for that to happen.

Yep! I sure do. There were several fires up this way, turf and sheep got it alike. Do you know where about the cattle got killed and how, like were they trapped on a point in a lake or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭iwsf

was on the Aran Island on saturday, the only cloud in the sky was the cloud of smoke from the fire :mad:

Advertisement