Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best shampoo/conditioner for coloured hair?

Options
  • 10-05-2010 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

I use Herbal Essence for coloured hair, a hairdresser once told me that most shampoos/conditioners leave a residue on the scalp which causes your hair to get greasy quicker but that Herbal Essence doesn't, when I was using Pantene I did have to wash my hair every day but with Herbal Essence every second day is fine.
    I saw a thread here about silicone in shampoos not being good for the hair but can't see it in the ingredients, also I'm not sure if it has colour protect.
    This is my hair colour,

hair22.jpg

I need to get it dyed every 4 weeks, my natural colour is a really light auburn and my roots start to show after 2 weeks but by 4 they're really noticable, just wondering if any shampoos/conditioners help your colour last longer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sunnaly

Hello friends,

I use pantene shampoo ...

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Hey,

I use Dumb Blonde shampoo and conditioner despite the name its not just for blonde hair. Conditioner can be used as a regular conditioner and also a hair mask. You'll get good deals on ebay for it that's where I purchase it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I saw a thread here about silicone in shampoos not being good for the hair but can't see it in the ingredients, also I'm not sure if it has colour protect.

It's not listed as "silicone", it's listed by its chemical name - usually "amodimethicone".

Pantene is terrible for your hair and especially so if it's coloured as silicone shampoos strip colour out of hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

My hair is very dark brown, it's got a permanent dye in it.

I bought this and the corresponding conditioner a while ago in boots on a whim when it was on special because I my colour kept fading really quickly. Have to say I'm delighted with how well it's worked. I coloured it about a month ago and the colour is pretty much the same now as it was after the first wash. This is for brunette and red head but there is one for blonde hair too.

There's no residue left, no greasiness, and I can get a good 2 days out of my hair. It gives a really lovely sheen to my hair too. It was only €1.50 a bottle when I got it so it's worth a shot I'd say.

Best of luck with it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭MissMotivated

eth0_ wrote: »
    It's not listed as "silicone", it's listed by it's chemical name - usually "amodimethicone".

Pantene is terrible for your hair and especially so if it's coloured as silicone shampoos strip colour out of hair.

Thanks Etho I wasn't sure if it would be listed as silicone or something else, had meant to ask that.
    My hair is very dark brown, it's got a permanent dye in it.

I bought this and the corresponding conditioner a while ago in boots on a whim when it was on special because I my colour kept fading really quickly. Have to say I'm delighted with how well it's worked. I coloured it about a month ago and the colour is pretty much the same now as it was after the first wash.

Excellent thanks Michelle will definitely give this a go!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 HarlowLux

Anything by Aussie gets my vote, my hair feels lovely and thick after i use that stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Dollface_24

HarlowLux wrote: »
    Anything by Aussie gets my vote, my hair feels lovely and thick after i use that stuff.

+ 1 for the Aussie Products and they're really affordable too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

Quote/ I bought this and the corresponding conditioner a while ago in boots on a whim when it was on special because I my colour kept fading really quickly. Have to say I'm delighted with how well it's worked. I coloured it about a month ago and the colour is pretty much the same now as it was after the first wash. This is for brunette and red head but there is one for blonde hair too/ Quote

I went to Boots today to get this and picked up the Honey and Jojoba mask in the same range. I used it earlier and it's fantastic, my hair that was so dry from over use of the GHD is soft, shiney and really healthy looking - and it was cheap and cheerful as well, big tub i think was €2!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Hennybug wrote: »
    Quote/ I bought this and the corresponding conditioner a while ago in boots on a whim when it was on special because I my colour kept fading really quickly. Have to say I'm delighted with how well it's worked. I coloured it about a month ago and the colour is pretty much the same now as it was after the first wash. This is for brunette and red head but there is one for blonde hair too/ Quote

I went to Boots today to get this and picked up the Honey and Jojoba mask in the same range. I used it earlier and it's fantastic, my hair that was so dry from over use of the GHD is soft, shiney and really healthy looking - and it was cheap and cheerful as well, big tub i think was €2!

I buy this too. I fid it terribly good for keeping my dyed hair brown - and v. cheap too ;)

However, the matching conditioner is not very good. I use matching hair mask - think it is 1.99 euro - it's excellent - major thumbs up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Justguess

Hi just came across this post & would love to know what the s&c you got boots is called.....unfortunately the link no longer works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread (over 5 years since last post). Thread closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement