Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cycling in laois

Options
  • 10-05-2010 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

hi all just curious is there any cycling club in the county ,and if not is there anybody intrested in starting one up pm me could get things going

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Scan Man

There was one going there about two years ago, but it disappeared soon after. It's got a fairly sporadic history of appearing and disappearing.

Contact Laois Sport's Partnership if you want to get a club going, or to check if there's still an existing one in the county: http://www.laoissports.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

I'm nearly certain there is a fairly big cycling club in portlaoise, thats them that do be blocking the back roads on saturdays ond Sundays;)
    i know a guy who (was/is?) in it, so will ask him whats the story is with it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mark OK

madred006 wrote: »
    hi all just curious is there any cycling club in the county ,and if not is there anybody intrested in starting one up pm me could get things going

There is a club called 'laois cycling and touring club' it's up on facebook, most of the guys are racing at the moment so there are no training spins until October.

Trilogy the triathlon club in Portlaoise also go out cycling http://www.trilogy.ie/homepage.html

I go out every weekend from Portlaoise and would like to get a regular group going so let me know if that suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

Mark OK wrote: »
    I go out every weekend from Portlaoise and would like to get a regular group going so let me know if that suits.

What route do you take and what sort of speed are you doing it at? I'm in the middle of marathon training at the minute, but I might be interested later on in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

hi guys sorry for delay in getting back im based in mountmellick and do about 30kmm and a little bit either way new to it so pace might not be up to certain standards but would love to hook up and maybe get a regular spin going thanks for all replies

• Advertisement

Daithi BC wrote: »
    What route do you take and what sort of speed are you doing it at? I'm in the middle of marathon training at the minute, but I might be interested later on in the year.

I typically do about 80 Km's in about 3 hours, normally routes change a good bit depending on form/wind direction. PM me if you interested in going out later in the year.

madred006 wrote: »
    hi guys sorry for delay in getting back im based in mountmellick and do about 30kmm and a little bit either way new to it so pace might not be up to certain standards but would love to hook up and maybe get a regular spin going thanks for all replies

Looks like Trilogy are going out this weekend for a spin from the Heritage at 9.30 on Saturday and Sunday, that would be a good place to start.

Advertisement