Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vampire Kiss Piercing?

• 10-05-2010 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Has anyone got one?
    I just want to know what the after care is like or if its hard to look after and if its gonna grow out easlily before I get it.
    I know its gonna hur but they look so sweet I just really want one.
    Can't hurt more than a nose piercing!!!

Peace

(oh for anyone who doesn't know what they are, as they aren't too common, it's a surface piercing on the neck) :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 the wizzard

The only problem with a piercing like that is the amount of vitals running down the neck. You better make sure your piercer is damn good. As for pain, it should only take about 30-40 seconds from the first jab/prick until the ball is screwed on so thats the duration of the worst part of the pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

i'd say that'll reject so fast it'd have some one's eye out.

Due to elasticity of the skin in the neck, if it's put in properly, rejection is not a major issue. The key is properly. There's a lot of very competent piercers who would turn down such a job, due to the underlying risks.

nah, i still don't buy it. there's a lot of elasticity sure, but loads of movement too. seems like an awful idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Way too much movement for a piercing there to ever settle properly, as Bodice Ripper said.

• Advertisement

I never said it would be comfortable, I said if done properly it shouldnt migrate. People get hooks inserted in themselves to perform suspensions and hang weights from PA's, certainly not what most people would consider comfortable, but it is what they want to freely do. I thought the idea of forums was to offer experience and advice, not to transfer our own likes and dislikes onto others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I don't see what is has to do with likes and dislikes. The side of your neck isn't like your nape. The skin there moves and stretches all the time.

I never said it would be comfortable, I said if done properly it shouldnt migrate. People get hooks inserted in themselves to perform suspensions and hang weights from PA's, certainly not what most people would consider comfortable, but it is what they want to freely do. I thought the idea of forums was to offer experience and advice, not to transfer our own likes and dislikes onto others.

fora.

Its nothing to do with my likes and dislikes, it won't work. you can get it, you can't keep it. Show me a healed one. show me one that is in there 2 odd years, better still, show me 5 of them....

I have seen eyebrows, nipples, navels and yes, believe it or not even tongue's migrate. I also know of 2 surface piercing's on the neck, 1 is 18 months old, the other over 2 years. They were both done in Manchester by "Pierce Artist" of Salford and the older of the 2 piercings is actually on a member of staff there, Kat. Yes I must admit, I've yet to see one in Dublin, but like I said it doesn't mean it can't be done. As I said in the begining, a damn good piercer can do it, but again they better be very good and as someone who has travelled quiet a lot and has pierced people for many years, I haven't met anyone in Ireland that I would feel comfortable letting near MY neck, and that includes me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

None of us mentioned comfort, likes or dislikes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Pulmonery Archery

Didn't mean to cause an arguement/ disagreement between everyone :(
    Either way thanks for all the advise and info and general input.

However, whilst might agree that it is an incredibley stupid idea, and to be honest, I can genuinly see why you would say that cos there is a high risk of it rejecting and it is by some vitals, and you move your neck alot but, I don't care what you think and if you've got nothing nice to say stfu and don't say anything at all.
    I really think its a good idea and if it rejects fair enough at least I tried it and I have/had some think more unique thats unusal and not seen often. =/

Someone said about how painful it would be? I'm not too worried about the initial piercing pain I can handle that its the after pain and swelling I'm not really looking forward to.
    I got the webbing in my hand pierced and the actual piercing didnt hurt much but afterwards it got all swollen and realy painful.

Advertisement