Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GU10's Keep blowing bulbs

Options
  • 10-05-2010 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭

Hi

I did a job in my mother in laws house some time back. I fitted another 6 - 8 GU10 down lighters in the kitchen and they all work fine

However, there are two GU10's that I didn't fit, that are constantly blowing the bulbs that are put in. Regardless of make / model of bulb etc.... they are always getting shot.

I've not bothered to take a look at them just yet, but I thought I'd ask here in case someone knows what the issue might be, as this has to have happened in other places before.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Insulation packed real tight around them effects the lifespan of the lamp. Their needs to be a decent air gap around each fitting. Other thing to check is voltage and connections

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

ya heat dissipation ,overvoltage,connections,bulb quality and maybe any 'disturbing loads' nearby

for incandescent

Advertisement