Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview with The Sims Producer

Options
  • 10-05-2010 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

As you may have seen on this thread, DeVore and I are heading to the EA showcase event in London this Wednesday. One of the interviews we have lined up is with one or some of the production team of The Sims - we're awaiting exact confirmation.

Please post any questions you have for the interview and we'll do our best to get them answered on Wednesday.

Dav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Just give him a big hug. I think he deserves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Hmmm,

Ok I'd like to know how they choose each expansion pack? Does it depend on what new technology/graphics they've come up with? Or is there a set order for a number of expansion packs in the works for the next few years? Or do they listen to what the players want first and go from there?

Have they any plans for corresponding expansion packs to these previous Sims 2 titles; 'University', 'Open For Business', 'Pets' or 'Seasons'?

And tell them I want some washing/laundry items! And I want the piano back! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I'm sitting in the Airport with DeV, we've already had a can of Red Bull...

Will see who I can hug without getting a restraining order, can't promise anything :)

I'll try to check in during the day to see if we've any more questions, thanks for those Ali.

Dav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Would they consider more expansion packs for Sims 2 (for those who can't play Sims3 due to system issues?

Will they address the issues that people have with Sims3 with ATI graphics?

Where do they see the Sims series going next?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Did they realise how big the draw of "playing God" would be?

Did they think people would be as sadistic as they often are (creating 2x2 boxes, removing ladders when Sims go swimming, etc)?

There have been some incredible fan projects (such as "Alice & Kev" - story of two homeless Sims, their lives with each other and the trials they go through): are there any that the team actively follow that deserve a mention?

If there was ANYTHING that they COULD add (rather than are adding or planning to), what would it be?

Are there ever simple things that are overlooked in the creative process that have a bigger effect than realised (the inability to find out a Sims age in 3 for example when flirting with them - only to then meet / marry the woman of your dreams and she's an old lady)?

Ever tempted to code something randomly (like the Guinea pig from 2 that could kill!)?

🤪

• Advertisement

We're here! We have our interview scheduled for 3pm ish, so please keep the questions coming :)

Got the interveiw, it went very well and so I'm hoping to get it off my vih-joe camera thingy and onto the intertrons later today for your viewing pleasure. Thank you very much for all your questions - I haven't played Sims since the first one and I don't think I could've brushed up in time without your help guys and gals :)

Dav

Sorry about the delay, had some YouTube upload difficulties - the software that came with my Sony Bloggie only uploaded two and a half minutes of the videos!

So here are the two parts of my interview with Grant Rodiek, producer of The Sims 3.

Big thanks to Grant for his time (he's a really nice guy!) and to O'Leary PR for bringing DeV and I over to the event and minding us for the day and to all of you once again for the questions.

Dav

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

He's quite cute :eek:

*stalk*

Thanks for asking our questions :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

That frustrates me when he says everyone can play Sims with ATI graphics. I had to give up on it and I had a good new laptop :( They know of these issues, they are all over their forums.. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement