Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo IT library

Options
  • 10-05-2010 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭

Anyone happen to know what the story is with the IT library ... I heard rumours a few months back that it was being moved temporarily to the MPC, is it still there now?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

The library is currently inside the MPC, haven't been up there to see what it looks like yet. They have no computers apart from two inside the student union.
    Exams are being held in the Clarion and Radisson.
    Construction work started on library about a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

There are a few computers down at the MPC now but nowhere near the amount that there used to be. It's a tad nosiey down in the MOC as you can almost hear everything bouncing off the walls in the big hall.

It's hoped that the library renovations will be finished by Spetmeber for the new academic year. Should be looking good when it is done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Aaaand three months later, same question again? :) Does anyone know if the library is open again or is it still in the MPC?

(I'm studying for the repeat of one of the exams I was studying for in May ... :o )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I have no idea where the library is now, or if there even is one at the moment. I know the hall in the Knocknarae Arena is open again and exams where been held there so the library has moved out of that.

I was down at the college a few days ago and it's looking great. The main building though was all closed off as they were painting everywhere. I was looking for the admins office which was in the Student Services building where the shop is. Maybe you could ask someone in there where the library is, if there is one at all at the moment.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I was down at the college the other day. The library is now in the building where the aula was (it's upstairs). It looked like it was open to me but I didn't actually go into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

The Library is upstairs in the student services centre (Aula) just off Wheats. It will be there for a couple of months till they complete the library extension.

Well, I got myself sorted with somewhere else to study! But just in case anyone else is wondering, when I rang a few days ago, they told me that the library is open only four hours a day! I think it was 11-1 and 2-4, or something. Presumably that will change when the students are back, but it's fairly crappy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Library's opening November first, thank god might actually spur me on to do more study :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Library's opening November first, thank god might actually spur me on to do more study :o
    Ditto. The library always helped me focus more.

Me again :o Anyone happen to know if the library is open tomorrow/what times?

Thanks!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement