Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen Bicycle Alert

• 10-05-2010 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

My friend Brian's bicycle was stolen last night. If you see it around Dublin give him a shout at 0861937528. All I know about it is an Affinity frame with a Brooks saddle. bike003.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

Mother****ers. Where was it locked, and what with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 whatsham

cheers for sticking this up alistair.

Details are as follows lads and lasses, my bike was in my back garden in ranelagh D6, which backs onto a 25 foot wall of the elevated luas line between ranelagh and charlemont stations. The bike was left in my back garden between 10.30, and 2.00am, monday 10th of May, when i went out to move it into the shed, realising it was gone.

I highly doubt this was somebody who knew the bike was there, it seems more likely that someone was walking the tracks, spotted it and just decided to climb down into the garden and walk the bike straight out my side gate, which is inaccessible from the outside.

It is not uncommon to spot pikey kids on the tracks acting the bollox.

The house lights were on, two cars in the driveway, and the bike was leaning against a window literally 10 feet away from me. curtains closed.

After reporting the incident to the garda, i went for a cycle around the charlemont/ranelagh/portebello area. didnt spot anything obviously, but i found my lock in a hedge a few yards down the road. It had been hanging from my bars. Normally I throw it into the shed immediately upon arrival, but had alot of food in my hands, and went on inside.

If anyone sees it id really appreciate if you, throw a lock on it, call me, call the garda, smash skulls, whatever.

Nice one lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

Thats **** man, I'll keep my eyes peeled. Saw someone on one with similar frame geometry earlier at hanlons corner but don't think it was yours as they had (what appeared to be) a load of polo mallets in their bag on their back and I doubt anyone playing bike polo would be into riding a stolen bike!

Will keep my eyes peeled -

On a side-note, I'm on boards pretty much every day and I've noticed in the last week or so a lot more "stolen bike" threads - coincidence or is there a little clique out there nicking them suddenly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Geometry should help it stand out if it is about, and the rear rim if its not repainted.

Few years back i had a bmx with uniquely-shaped top tube, which a friend found for me 1 month after it was taken, spray painted green. Everything green, tyres and all.

sorry to bump this, but its already miles down page two!

busy busy bike forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

whatsham wrote: »
    sorry to bump this, but its already miles down page two!

busy busy bike forum

busy is good for this kind of thread..
    although.. maybe you should mask the mobile no and take pms only?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Ive never seen a lo-pro frame in Dublin so this should stand out if someone decides to sell it on, even if its repainted. good luck

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Check this post on another thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65873109&postcount=55

Ya never know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Were both wheels that weird purple colour?

no, just the rear wheel was purple when it was taken.

why?:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

whatsham wrote: »
    no, just the rear wheel was purple when it was taken.

why?:o
    I saw a bike locally (somewhere in Ranelagh/Rathmines, I've no idea where :() with two purple wheels. School kid riding it.

cool....ill keep an eye out, cheers.

another futile bump

Bump!

bumpzzzz
    sorry.

Advertisement