Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skib to Cork = fastest commute route at 8am

Options
  • 10-05-2010 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi Boards. I just moved to Caheragh near Skibbereen and am trying to find the quickest route to the Park n Ride on Kinsale Rd. Any suggestions?

Wanie

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Caheragh to bantry- drimoleague road.turn right go into dunmanway take the left turn after the church,go through copeen,in crookstown take a left at the T junction,(pub)1 km to cork macroom road turn right its about 25 kms to the park and ride,you should be able to do it in 50 to 60 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Wanie

Thanks a mil, will try that. Am currently going to Bandon and then into Crossbarry.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Wanie wrote: »
    Thanks a mil, will try that. Am currently going to Bandon and then into Crossbarry.
    Why would you go to crossbarry,whats wrong with innishshannon then round the back of the airport?

Inishannon gets very clogged up - there were roadworks there last week. Crossbarry is pretty straightforward and on the right side of Bandon for me. But might try Copeen plan too. Need a road that doesn't get too congested with tractors and trucks, which Inishannon seems to.

Fair enough,it must be 7 or 8 years since I was through Inishannon,always go over the coosaughan gap (they call it the bantry line).

• Advertisement

mp22 wrote: »
    Fair enough,it must be 7 or 8 years since I was through Inishannon,always go over the coosaughan gap (they call it the bantry line).

Well I have to say that your tip about the back of the airport was excellent - it cuts out the pesky Wilton roundabout so I flew in today - thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭lisao80

@op.. i would try the dunmanway - coppeen route someday..much faster road in my opinion
    always go over the coosaughan gap (they call it the bantry line).

thats the way i always go too..

lisao80 wrote: »
    @op.. i would try the dunmanway - coppeen route someday..much faster road in my opinion

thats the way i always go too..

Is the 'Bantry Line' the same as going via Copeen so? Might try that next week. Kinsale Rd was very busy today ... arrrghhh!!!

Is the 'Bantry Line' the same as going via Copeen so? Might try that next week. Kinsale Rd was very busy today ... arrrghhh!!!
    Yea about 15 minutes after you turn left in dunmanway you will be at dalyes of glaun(closed down pub) the road from bantry will have joined the road your on, about a half mile before the pub.The next bend after the pub is a ninety deg right,care required!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭lisao80

.The next bend after the pub is a ninety deg right,care required!

aka ''cow **** corner'' :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

lisao80 wrote: »
    aka ''cow **** corner'' :rolleyes:

Charming! I took the road today and while it definitely got me here more quickly, it is a fairly hairy journey at the best of times. Trying to weigh up the value of my life vis a vis getting to work 10 minutes early!! As one colleague put it 'there's some quare Castletownbere lunatics on that road'. Gulp.:eek:

Charming! I took the road today and while it definitely got me here more quickly, it is a fairly hairy journey at the best of times. Trying to weigh up the value of my life vis a vis getting to work 10 minutes early!! As one colleague put it 'there's some quare Castletownbere lunatics on that road'. Gulp.:eek:
    The joys of living in west cork:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Bleeding blow ins never change :D

Them Castletownbere lads are till the fastest mode of transport between Dublin and West Cork

indubitably:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Is the old road bowling still taking the sumps off cars

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭rebel105

i cant stand that dunmanway road either....there's just something about it!

Advertisement