Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High Risk of tornados - US - 10-5-2010

Options
  • 10-05-2010 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Hey guys and here we go again with another High Risk of tornado's across SE Kansas, E Oklahoma touching extreme SW Missouri.
    The charts and model data is off the scale with values concerning today's outbreak, check them out here

http://www.twisterdata.com/

The forecasters at the SPC (Storm Prediction Centre) are concerned with today's severe weather, calling for it to be a "Historic Outbreak" :eek: with long-track violent tornado's, with a possibility of a PDS (Particularly Dangerous Situation) being put in place and these storms are going to be flying along at about 50mph.

SPC-wording.png

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day1otlk.html

HighRisk-10-5-2010.png

All's quiet now in Tornado Alley,

GRlevelx-view4.png

Some streams here, which will have alot of chasers active later

http://www.severestudios.com/livechase

http://www.tornadovideos.net/live

http://www.chasertv.com/

I'll post as much information as i can with radar images of the main supercells and which chasers are on them, going to be pretty mental out there later this evening.

Enjoy :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Meso Discussion, things are starting to heat up

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/md/md0506.html

Lots and lots of chasers

GRlevelx-view5.png

Briefing from the NWS (National Weather Service) in Norman, Oklahoma

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/media/oun/player.html

• Advertisement

Its starting already in western Kansas, tornado on the ground

GRlevelx-view6.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

John2009 wrote: »
    is he on to anyting yet?

Tornado warning NW Oklahoma

GRlevelx-view7.png

delw wrote: »
    is he on to anyting yet?

Tyler's enroute Wichita at the moment,

My advice here to others that are viewing is when your on the live chase page of either Severestudios or Tornadovideos which ever chasers have the most viewers are onto something or else have a tornado on cam.

TVN have some chasers close to the tornado warned cell in NW Oklahoma,
    check out their live page and who ever has the most viewers click their link

My laptop at the moment is running horribly slow because of so many windows,radar and streams open and all i have is a little Celeron M CPU :o,
    it'll probably catch fire soon

• Advertisement

All the highest viewed streams on each chaser site are on this storm

GRlevelx-view8.png

Large tornado with the storm posted above keep an eye on the cams

Sorry about the lack of updates and images, my laptop is running pretty slow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

is there any streams with sound?

Large powerful tornado on going

10-05-201022-09-14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Thanks, its nice to be able to hear whats going on too.

Aside from this, i installed grlevel3, and update package,but it is not running. Does it normally take a long time to load or something. I checked it in process viwere, and it shows as using 4,756 kb.

I'm having a disaster of evening, the laptop i'm using here is sh1te, my radar program wont update, can only have 1 stream on the go and the chaser sites servers are overloaded and very very slow :(

I'm having a disaster of evening, the laptop i'm using here is sh1te, my radar program wont update, can only have 1 stream on the go and the chaser sites servers are overloaded and very very slow :(

tel me about it,TVN so slow it nearly stalling comp wen trying to change cams,tyler constantini stream gone down as well :mad:

tyler bak up running but he sayin he only in the warm zone,chasing a potential tornadic thunder storm,tink he heading west towards Wichita

• Advertisement

storm heading east fast,tyler heading north to meet it

Big chase day yesterday 37 tornado's reported with lots of damage being done and unfortunately reports of up to 5 people killed during the storms :(

The storm chasers sites got severely overloaded last-night, i could bearly get 2 live streams to work and my radar program wasn't updating.

Lots of the professional chasers streams mysteriously dropped aswell as they neared the best action, i guess there was money to be made yesterday by being the first to get your tornado footage on air with the TV stations last night :rolleyes:.

Did anyone here actually see any tornado's from the streams?

I saw probably 1 funnel cloud and then bang stream down, big rush then to find another stream and they were all down, typical.

Some youtube clips that i could find, storms were moving very fast

ps watch clip 4 with the white van :eek:

saw a funnel cloud but like u streams kept goin down,was following tyler when he was in middle of super cell heavy rain&was sayn tornado warning issued when guess wat his stream went down again :mad:

@ delw - I do understand that alot of the professional chasers need to make a few bob while chasing to cover expenses, gas, food etc,
    but to have a great reliable stream leading up to the area and then it goes tornado warned, then there's a confirmed tornado on the ground and as they get closer 'oops' stream gone for maybe the duration of the tornado.

It's frustrating more than anything else when you have their stream going for like an hour before hand, getting excited seeing the storms explode in the distance and anticipating (sp) nice live footage of a tornado and the stream goes down.

Then your scrambling back to the chase page seeing who has anything in sight and the site takes forever to load if it does at all.

That's my moaning out of the way :p, i'll still watch tho' in the hope of seeing a monster F5 roaring across an open field :D

i agree wit u john2009 that it is frustrating when stream goes but fully understand that money has to b made but the chase is fasinating&when u do see a funnel or tornado on the ground its worth it when it does little or no damage to life or property

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

My laptop at the moment is running horribly slow because of so many windows,radar and streams open and all i have is a little Celeron M CPU :o,
    it'll probably catch fire soon

I am surprised your laptop didn't explode looking at the amount of windows you had opened on that screengrab! :eek: Have your tried using tabs instead? Not sure would it make much of a difference on the CPU usage but might be worth a try.

Either way, cheers for the updates! Sorry I missed this last night but enjoyed the read and the vids all the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

http://www.severestudios.com/cgi-bin/player-full.pl?username=tyler.costantini&uid=157

Live at the moment, chaser Tyler Costantini is streaming audio/video as he drives towards a tornado watch area.

Advertisement