Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Fantasy Football (OP updated with leagues)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

ah, ye guys are no help :p

15 minutes to decide to risk putting captaincy on Villa. I hear he's playing up front on his own.... so maybe worth it.
    Torres on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Well its all about the Attacking Bonus and Goals.

Kaka has an Attacking Bonus of +5, which means he made 10 attacking plays. Plus he scored no goals.

Do you think Villa will make more than 10 attacking plays? i.e. will he receive the ball in the box, make passes into the box, etc,.. 10 times?

I think he'll certainly score a goal anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

Im not sure what to do, i had maicon as cap last night but that goal really put a spanner in the works, i have villa and silva to come in, not sure whether to make villa cap or not, maicon got 13 points last night so i have 26 for him now but villa could score a couple v swizerland

please time is running out

Vokes wrote: »
    Well its all about the Attacking Bonus and Goals.

Kaka has an Attacking Bonus of +5, which means he made 10 attacking plays. Plus he scored no goals.

Do you think Villa will make more than 10 attacking plays? i.e. will he receive the ball in the box, make passes into the box, etc,.. 10 times?

I think he'll certainly score a goal anyway.

Bam...too late. Got distracted by work :rolleyes:

decided on villa in the end

• Advertisement

Vokes wrote: »

Is that how it works? This seems strange as I got 0 attacking bonus points for Ozil in the Germany game even though he made loads of attacking plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

Disaster choosing Palacios instead of Schweinsteiger....

Got someone elses yellow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

4 for me to play today.

Gary Medel (Chile)
    Matias Fernandez (Chile)
    Xavi (Spain)
    David Villa (Spain)

Lads any one I should get in for cahill for the next round, only 5.9m but there has to be a gem out there somewhere for that

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

Lads any one I should get in for cahill for the next round, only 5.9m but there has to be a gem out there somewhere for that

Pepe?

• Advertisement

Pepe?

hes a defender need a midfielder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Diaby?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

hes a defender need a midfielder

The Italian Pepe, not the Portuguese one.

Ji Sung might be a good option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Pick Dempsey if hes within your price range;)

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I forgot to put in Villa instead of Shane fúcking Smeltz.

BASTARD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Whats the story with the second round when does that start. Are Southe Africa playin tonight, just seen that somewhere? Is the second round the last 16?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Archimedes wrote: »

BASTARD

I forgot to put in Maicon for Bassong :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Im not sure what to do, i had maicon as cap last night but that goal really put a spanner in the works, i have villa and silva to come in, not sure whether to make villa cap or not, maicon got 13 points last night so i have 26 for him now but villa could score a couple v swizerland
    decided on villa in the end

I think you're a bit mad for taking the captaincy off Maicon tbh. 13pts in the bag and on the dream team!! Granted Villa has the potential to score big, but I settled with leaving my captaincy at Messi.

Round 2 games start tonight, I have forlan on the bench, when can I bring him in

• Advertisement

You can bring him in now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Thank fook Silva starts.... Was sweating it there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

jimbling wrote: »
    Is that how it works? This seems strange as I got 0 attacking bonus points for Ozil in the Germany game even though he made loads of attacking plays.

As far as i understand it you must play two passes into the box to a player of your own team and possession is maintained

For every 2 balls delivered into the penalty area * 1 * Ball entry into attacking penalty area whilst maintaining possession: Player making run, Player passing, Player receiving, Cross.

Kaka is a link up man so would have been alot further up the pitch than ozil with a lot of his passes ending up in the box.

I think ill carry my transfer over to R3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Thought Cesc would start,

feck it anyway

token56 wrote: »

Why? He's never a starter for Spain.

token56 wrote: »

feck it anyway

Always comes on though and usually does well as he is eager to impress and the opposition are tired by then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Brought Medel in for Pienaar and chanced my arm with Pavon for Higuain so I broke even.

Finish with 84 for this round.

mars bar wrote: »
    Brought Medel in for Pienaar and chanced my arm with Pavon for Higuain so I broke even.

Finish with 84 for this round.

Only on 54 myself with Villa(c) and Ramos to play. Hopefully removing Kaka as captain will not come back to bite me on the arse....

The target, after a not great start, was to hit the 70 mark so as not to fall too far behind so early

• Advertisement

Considering Round 1 ends after the Spain game. but the First Round 2 game is tonight how come we can't make subs until 12 tonight?

EDIT: Never Mind, got it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Frisbee wrote: »
    Considering Round 1 ends after the Spain game. but the First Round 2 game is tonight how come we can't make subs until 12 tonight?

Go to home page and you can set up your round 2 team now.

System automatically picks players by date of their next match for the next round so people won't lose out by that anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

You are now able to look at other peoples team from the first round of games

Ramos has 2 attacking bonus points already. Sweet

I <3 Pique

wtf is going on, cant believe it's 1-0 to the Swiss.....
    Thank god I didnt switch my captaincy to Villa :D

• Advertisement

jimbling wrote: »
    wtf is going on, cant believe it's 1-0 to the Swiss.....
    Thank god I didnt switch my captaincy to Villa :D

Yeah. Thank god. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

80 points last night, after bringing in the Spanish, I now have 76 and lost a Head-to-Head match by 2 points.Disastrous

Benaglio you HERO :D

His 11 points drags me up to a not totally disatrous 58 points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

Unbelievable, forgot to make subs last night so didnt get to bring in Xavi and Villa thought i was going to miss out on a bag of points haha

Archimedes wrote: »

BASTARD

Emm, scratch that. Never mind :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Casillas and Villa didn't do great for me but at least I didn't take the captaincy off Maicon. I'd say a fair few stuck it on Villa.

I hate you David Villa.

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Am I the only person who had no Spanish player in their team?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Rooney -> Villa cost me 1 point... Inler sitting on the bench with 7. Whoops..

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Rooney -> Villa cost me 1 point... Inler sitting on the bench with 7. Whoops..

subbing in for the last games will always be the toughest. if Spain had of trounced the Swiss as expected and you had subbed in Inler for someone it would have been a stupid move also so you win some ya lose some

Should I keep Ozil or trade him out to fit in Podolski?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Imagine the odds you would have gotten on Rooney, Messi, Ronaldo, Kaka, Fabiano, Ribery, Torres, Villa, Tevez, Lampard not getting a goal or assist between them in the opening round of games.

Bit of a dilemma with Buffon now. Do I stick with him, chance he'll be fit? Or bring in another keepr (don't really fancy bringing in another keeper - any suggestions?).

Maybe save 2 million on Buffon and upgrade Gourcuff/Inler...decisions.....

Should I keep Ozil or trade him out to fit in Podolski?

I'd hang onto Ozil. I take it you would be taking a 3 point hit to bring in Podolski? Not worth it IMO, when you consider that they could be through with a win and rest some players for the last game, and you get unlimited transfers for the Last 16 too. Plus with the large squads we have I don't see the point in taking the 3 point hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Imagine the odds you would have gotten on Rooney, Messi, Ronaldo, Kaka, Fabiano, Ribery, Torres, Villa, Tevez, Lampard not getting a goal or assist between them in the opening round of games.

Bit of a dilemma with Buffon now. Do I stick with him, chance he'll be fit? Or bring in another keepr (don't really fancy bringing in another keeper - any suggestions?).

It seems Buffon is out for the next game at least so i'm getting rid of him.I have Cahill too so will get rid of both of them

Get rid of Buffon. Looks like he is out altogether. Nice trade would be for the swiss goalkeeper. Plays Chile and Honduras.

• Advertisement
Advertisement