Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Fantasy Football (OP updated with leagues)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

I think ill carry my transfer over to R3

Can someone clarify if this is possible??

I'm looking at my transfers there now, but not sure of any without making at least two. If the transfer carried I could leave it off till round 3.
    I can't see anything about it carrying in the rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

jimbling wrote: »
    Can someone clarify if this is possible??

I'm looking at my transfers there now, but not sure of any without making at least two. If the transfer carried I could leave it off till round 3.
    I can't see anything about it carrying in the rules.

Yeah it is possible:
    If you do not use all your free transfers, the remaining free transfers roll over to the next round. These are cumulative throughout the tournament, and will span over the unlimited free transfer period between the group and knockout stages.

I made mine though. Got rid of Vidic for Paolo Ferreira.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Pienaar in for Timothy Filiga Cahill

Mascherano in for Di Maria?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Bit of a dilemma with Buffon now. Do I stick with him, chance he'll be fit? Or bring in another keepr (don't really fancy bringing in another keeper - any suggestions?).

Maybe save 2 million on Buffon and upgrade Gourcuff/Inler...decisions.....

Buffon is definitely out for the net game and from the reports I've read, there's a chance of him making the knockout stages should Italy get there. Italy play New Zealand next, so I've decided to go with Marchetti.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Mascherano in for Di Maria?

Definitely not imo. You're much better off having attacking players in your midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Just got rid of Buffon and Cahill for Ozil and Benaglio. Made Suarez captain for tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Disaster of a matchday. Went from 4th to 13th in the league.

Anyone know what the deal is with Fabregas not getting his game? Pretty sure its been reported that hes over his injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Took a punt on the Paraguay keeper (vs SLK and NZ). Sky Sports story paints the picture as if it were surprising Buffon missed training. No point leaving him in in case, or bringing in the sub, if he actually makes it back for either game, then it would cost another sub getting the Italian reserve out.

Hedged my bets and went with Paraguayan keeper who conceded the second least amount of goals in South American qualifiers.

Hopefully between Howard and him, they'll manage a clean sheet this round. Freed up an extra 3.4 million to upgrade elsewhere too.

I have 10 players playing over 2 days this time around, so my a little worried about having my Capt options restricted...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Devia wrote: »

Anyone know what the deal is with Fabregas not getting his game? Pretty sure its been reported that hes over his injury.

cas Alonso and Xavi exist, not being smart

Devia wrote: »

Fabregas is not a guranteed starter for Spain. Iniesta, Alonso and Xavi are ahead of him so he will only be a sub unless one of them gets injured. Iniesta limped off today tho and he still didnt come on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Trilla wrote: »
    cas Alonso and Xavi exist, not being smart
    hitman79 wrote: »
    Fabregas is not a guranteed starter for Spain. Iniesta, Alonso and Xavi are ahead of him so he will only be a sub unless one of them gets injured. Iniesta limped off today tho and he still didnt come on.

They played 4-5-1 with Iniesta on the left, theres plenty of room for Fabregas in that squad. Busquets was in his position so I assume hes just not fully fit to start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I've been following this thread since Friday last while I waited for my soccer access to be granted!

I messed up my first round completely before I understood the subs/captain rotating jazz. I had Neuer and on the bench while I waited for Buffon to register his monstrous total :mad:

I'm on point for rd 2 though, still only 14 adrift in my league of 30 heads so all to play for! Had an absolute dream team at rd 1... if only things went to form!!

othir6.jpg

Good man Pienaar getting me a yellow card after 5 mins :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Good start to round 2 for me i have Forlan as captain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Thank you Forlan!

Ditto. Wonder how many pts he will earn today. Hopefully he scores again. :)

Ditto. Wonder how many pts he will earn today. Hopefully he scores again. :)

Hopefully he can get another goal or two maybe...not asking for much really or am i:p yeah gives me good options for the rest of the round anyway

Woohoo :) My first goal scorer of the tournament! Hopefully he bangs in another and so keep the armband for this round

Is the FF site down for everyone or is it just me?

• Advertisement

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Is the FF site down for everyone or is it just me?

Just you, working fine for me.

OHH YEAHH BABY 26 points for Forlan so far:D great start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Disaster. Had the SA goalkeeper in my team.

I love Forlan. Don't think I'll be changing my captaincy now. :cool:

Me either, no point when the most a player got in round one was 15 i think

59 points in Round 1... 29 already in Round 2 :)

Wow am up to 152nd in the Overall League with 124 points:)

Did Forlan get 26 points or is it with the captaincy?:eek:

Degag wrote: »
    Did Forlan get 26 points or is it with the captaincy?:eek:

with captaincy!

Shot up all my leagues thanks to Forlan. In 5th place in the Boards league at the minute.

• Advertisement

Got 17 points from Pienaar and having Suarez as captain but will be making Messi captain tomorrow and hoping he runs riot against Korea. Knowing my luck Diego will drop him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Shot up all my leagues thanks to Forlan. In 5th place in the Boards league at the minute.

Haha I'm up to 4th. 1,242 overall as well.

Forlán is some man. Was bricking it during the game cause I thought I forgot to put him as captain but it's all good now. No chance I'll be changing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Got 27 points from that game, Muslera as captain and Suarez too. Happy enough with that start, hopefully I can have a better round this time because I had a lot of players with 3 last round.

I only had Forlan playing this evening but not as captain.

I'm down a place on the Boards league to 29th, 14th in Boards head to head but I have stayed at 1st on the Football Identity League.

Currently have 91 points.

Diego Forlan is an absolute legend, i wish i had put my money where my mouth is and put him in my team...always delighted to see him do well.

Hopefully Messi or Rooney will match his 13 point haul...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Can you sub a player each game etc to get maximum pointz?

Atm, I have Pieenar in. Can I sub him for malouda so malouda gets points tomorrow then keep whoever has the maximum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Forlan killed me tonight. Some of the chaps in my league 40-50 points out in front immediately, when I was only 14 adrift earlier before (necessary) transfer costs kicked in! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

I think it's hard to get an exact idea of where you are overall until the end of the rounds and with it falling between matches today made it a bit trickier

93 points after round one is a decent return but didnt do the best on the subs management front with 13 extra points sitting on the subs bench :o

Suarez with a decent 8 points already in this round - had him as captain but hoping for better from my captain.

Gone for captain Malouda over Evra and Chung Yong tomorrow not the toughest choice as I think both teams in France Mexico will have to attack. Chung Yong is playing the Argies so
    fingers crossed for Messi and co to have a very quiet one tomorrow with the Koreans high intensity tempo giving them a bit of bother.

Day after my captain choice is between Rooney, Johnson, Schweinsteiger, Lahm or Howard. Leaning towards the English as I think Serbia will give Germany more of a game than Algeria will give the English. Could see Johnson having a lot of room but if Rooney is going to catch fire it could be in this game. Hmm

Can you sub a player each game etc to get maximum pointz?

Atm, I have Pieenar in. Can I sub him for malouda so malouda gets points tomorrow then keep whoever has the maximum?

You can sub in Malouda, but if he gets less than Pienaar, you can't sub Pienaar back in. Once a player is subbed out when he has played, he can't be subbed into your 11. Once a player on the bench has played, he can't be swapped in either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

awh man! I have Forlan (and Bendtner) on me bleedin bench! Rooney, Messi and Van Persie are my main strikers.

What are the chances Bendtner wont get a game? Coz I can sub off one of them for Bendtner, then when he doesnt play, Forlan might get swapped in at the end of the round.

Actually, are subs based on value, or the order you have them listed on ur bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I think its just tough titties if Bendtner dosnt play you get 0.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    awh man! I have Forlan (and Bendtner) on me bleedin bench! Rooney, Messi and Van Persie are my main strikers.

What are the chances Bendtner wont get a game? Coz I can sub off one of them for Bendtner, then when he doesnt play, Forlan might get swapped in at the end of the round.

Actually, are subs based on value, or the order you have them listed on ur bench?

No, once you make a single substitution there are no automatic substitutions for the week. The only possible way for Forlan to come in is if you make no changes for the gameweek and one or more of Rooney, Messi or Van Persie do not play. Then Forlan may come in as an automatic substitution.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

Maxi Rodriguez, Di Maria or Gourcuff captain........ hmmmmmmmm

Maxi Rodriguez, Di Maria or Gourcuff captain........ hmmmmmmmm

If you are gonna pick one of the argentinians wait till they name the team as that match is on at 12:30 thats what id do if i was in your position but im happy where i am myself at the moment on top of the boards league:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

If you are gonna pick one of the argentinians wait till they name the team as that match is on at 12:30 thats what id do if i was in your position but im happy where i am myself at the moment on top of the boards league:)

You sure that works? As you cant do subs at time but you can change captain?

• Advertisement

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    You sure that works? As you cant do subs at time but you can change captain?

As far as i know you can make a sub up until 15 mins before kick off, maybe im wrong because ive always made my substitutions and changed captaincy the night before.

They usually name their team an hour before kick off so you should have enough time to change the players

You have about 10 mins left to make your subs choice lads!

My team value is currently 141.5. The guy who is first in the world has a value of 140.5 and 1.5 in the bank. Are these people psychic or something?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Did Messi not get an assist for the own goal? He took the free

roryc wrote: »
    Did Messi not get an assist for the own goal? He took the free

Nope
    Assists
    An assist is awarded when the goal scorer receives the ball directly from a team mate and scores. If the assist pass takes a small deflection which doesn't change the direction of the pass, it will still be given.
    No assists are awarded for own goals or penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Ballbag :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement