Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Fantasy Football (OP updated with leagues)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

roryc wrote: »
    Ballbag :)

Haha!

I'm glad coz I don't have Messi on my team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The stupid rule has cost me 2 assists so far.Messi and Van Persie would have the assists for OGs.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

It is a bit of a balls really. Same with penalties. I'd have gotten another 6 points for Suarez last night.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I'm fairly convinced at this point that I literally can't do well, no matter who I pick. I trade Messi in, and he's havin a fairly quiet game. I keep Mascherano because he's a sponge in Defensive Mid (4 DB points rd 1), and he does nothing. On paper he mops loose Korean attacks up all day long. Hopefully Messi gets a rest in rd 3 just to rub it in for me...

Same at rd 1 with Ronaldo/Luis Fabiano/Sneijder/Buffon/Chiellini/Villa etc etc etc etc.

Degag wrote: »
    It is a bit of a balls really. Same with penalties. I'd have gotten another 6 points for Suarez last night.:mad:

Got caught with that aswell, would have definately kept the captaincy on Suarez then too.

titan18 wrote: »
    Got caught with that aswell, would have definately kept the captaincy on Suarez then too.

Yeah, definately. 22 points would be pretty nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I never get lucky with these fecking leagues!

Samuel off injured so I lose him. Messi doesn't get the assist for the O.G. Villa and Xavi nothing special yesterday.

Only players that have been good to me are Lahm and Podolski and the Dutch keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone who had Higuain as captain, big congrats.

Shouldn't have gotten rid of Higuain...

Surely Messi should get an assist for the shot off the post.This is pretty annoying otherwise.He'd have 2 assists in FPL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yeh was just about to post that... with all Messi has done he has got f**k all points

titan18 wrote: »
    Surely Messi should get an assist for the shot off the post.This is pretty annoying otherwise.He'd have 2 assists in FPL

I know it's headwreaking!

Argentina's next match should be a goal fest . Betcha if I get higuian he wont score!

Argentina's next match should be a goal fest . Betcha if I get higuian he wont score!

They're pretty much qualified so could see a bunch of players rested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Messi should have got the 2nd assist :/

So own up, who had Higuain as captain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Holy sh*t, i went from being 80th worldwide to 2300 after SA vs Uruguay. Heinzes 2 points doesn't really help much either.

Messi should really have gotten the assist for that goal?

Many beans on Rooney performing tomorrow.

Argentina's next match should be a goal fest. Betcha if I get higuian he wont score!

Aguero's prob a good bet for that. I took Messi for this round, he got fook all points for a winning 4-1 performance, and may not figure at all next round. No assist when he single-handedly made that goal and had the last touch before Higuain's finish is fairly stupid too. Apologies to everyone who had him anyway.

The scoring system does seem to be a bit of a joke/inconsistent. There's been at least 3 or 4 of my players who should've scored way more than they did, then you get certain players getting points for very minimal reasons (balls through to no-one in the box etc). It's also ludicrous that there's no shots, or at least shots on-target reward.

consultech wrote: »
    It's also ludicrous that there's no shots, or at least shots on-target reward.

Messi would be top because of the Nigeria game so:P

Aye aguero a safe bet tbh. If Villa doesn't do well againts honduras it's baibai.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

The_B_Man wrote: »
    awh man! I have Forlan (and Bendtner) on me bleedin bench! Rooney, Messi and Van Persie are my main strikers.

What are the chances Bendtner wont get a game? Coz I can sub off one of them for Bendtner, then when he doesnt play, Forlan might get swapped in at the end of the round.

Actually, are subs based on value, or the order you have them listed on ur bench?

No auto subs if you make one manual sub yourself

• Advertisement

It may be possible that Messi will get the assist when it's updated tonight.... Can't really see why not:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Assists
    An assist is awarded when the goal scorer receives the ball directly from a team mate and scores. If the assist pass takes a small deflection which doesn't change the direction of the pass, it will still be given.
    No assists are awarded for own goals or penalties.

Have Messi as captain so quite annoyed with him not getting the assist. But by the sounds of things, the ball took a big deflection coming off the post and back, so I'd say they wont give it, ridiculous really, he still set it up, and the other goal, but I guess their the rules. Really annoying too because I've Suarez and RVP who have got alot more points than they did in the previous round too.

token56 wrote: »
    Have Messi as captain so quite annoyed with him not getting the assist. But by the sounds of things, the ball took a big deflection coming off the post and back, so I'd say they wont give it, ridiculous really, he still set it up, and the other goal, but I guess their the rules. Really annoying too because I've Suarez and RVP who have got alot more points than they did in the previous round too.

Ah well I never expected him to get an own goal assist; But the run/shot/post deflection should've DEFINITELY been enough to earn an assist though. The post deflection was maybe 30 degrees, he was a couple of metres from the line when he took his shot.

I think they should jusdge it subjectively with finality of decision rather than sticking to a strict set of guidelines that have grey areas.

Just my cupla pennies, probably made a little more vehement by the fact my dream team is doin so shite! Deffo should've went with my original balanced and medium-priced squad!

Had Messi as well and was expecting more than 7 pts. Don't know whether to keep him in as I have Van Persie and Villa on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Had Messi as captain today. Can I sub captain if my captain has played? Really expected more points for Di Maria too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Kold wrote: »
    Had Messi as captain today. Can I sub captain if my captain has played? Really expected more points for Di Maria too..
    You can change your captain to any player who has not yet played, so for example if you had Rooney you could change it from Messi to Rooney.

• Advertisement

Friend of mine had Higuain on the bench!:D

Disasterous few days, wheels well and truly off the bandwagon. Villa 3 points, Forlan & Higuain clean up, Heinze 2 points, Evra 3 points, Gourcuff gets dropped, 0 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Chicharito and Marquez did the business for me today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Anyone agree i should make Rooney captain instead of Messi. Surely Rooney will get a goal tomorrow night. Or is Ozil a better bet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Cant believe Forlan didnt score better...how may boxes did he put into the box yesterday?? He got no attacking bonus at all...

Still had him as captain and now im 4th in the boards lge :-)

• Advertisement

Cant believe Forlan didnt score better...how may boxes did he put into the box yesterday?? He got no attacking bonus at all...

Still had him as captain and now im 4th in the boards lge :-)

I think he's at the wrong game if he's crossing in boxes! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Nice one still top of the boards league, savouring the moment it while it lasts:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Changed captain from Messi to Lahm... another change again tomorrow

FS podalski misses Peno and hes on my team. I'm so unlucky:(

My whole team is a write-off. 5 players have played so far, all got 3 points. This world cup is ridiculous, I actually regret doin a team so much coz Im not enjoyin all the breakthrough team performances that I (and pretty much everyone else) got wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Has anyone made subs off an iphone? I tried it but no joy, is it possible

Has anyone made subs off an iphone? I tried it but no joy, is it possible

I've a desire and I don't think I can. I'd imagine there's no drag n drop-ability on either handset screen.

Screw you Germany, messing up my fantasy team.

Also have Vidic on the bench with one point better than Onyewu. GRRRR!

Good man Bradley getting me a goal. A Rooney hatrick tonight would definately cheer me right up :D

Lahm, Heinze, Evra, Howard, Dempsey, Gourcuff....excellent in round one. Absolutely dire in round 2. 14 points from 6 players so far. F*cking woeful stuff.

Up to Rooney to save some respectibility for me in this round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Glen Johnson as captain with 20 points. Not too shabby!

Rooney as captain got me 8. Think i may throw the armband on Sneijder tomorrow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Up to 49th in boards league despite a poor day:

A.Cole - 9
    Vidic - 5
    Onyewu - 4
    Schweinsteiger - 4
    Rooney - 4

Still have plenty Spanish/Brazilian/Italian options on the bench so the 4-pointers will be coming out.

This round is a complete right off.....my main rival is 30 points ahead (Mexicans, Algerians), with all the same players left to play that I do, except Gokhan Inler... an Algerian cleansheet rounds off a disasterous 4 days in which none of my players did anything of note. All my defense has 2 or 3. :(

RVP or Sneijder as capt?

Scoring has been changed again, the attacking bonus has now gone to a point for every 2 solo runs in the attacking 3rd,key play and the penalty area.This will get really confusing now and some players who have been picked already have become much less valuable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Belhadj bags me 9 points :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Currently in 1st place :-) proud moment!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Frisbee wrote: »
    Belhadj bags me 9 points :D

9 points each from Belhadj and Ashley Cole. Gotta love 0-0 draws!:D

Captaincy goes to RVP tomorrow, so hopefully he can do a Higuain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

45 points this round so far but now it gets hard deciding whether to drop players and hope for an RVP hattrick or something! 9th in the Boards league

• Advertisement

Lamps got me 7 pts which was better than I was expecting. I subbed out Rooney for Van Persie. He's not been a great buy thus far.

Advertisement