Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Fantasy Football (OP updated with leagues)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Gillington wrote: »
    45 points this round so far but now it gets hard deciding whether to drop players and hope for an RVP hattrick or something! 9th in the Boards league

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Blonde moment,I meant to sub Rooney out for RVP but took out my captain Forlan instead!! 26 points down the fcuking swanny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Blonde moment,I meant to sub Rooney out for RVP but took out my captain Forlan instead!! 26 points down the fcuking swanny

Jesus Christ man, you had to have been blonde and drunk to do that! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I actually feel really bad for you.

That's a right kick in the bollix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Frisbee wrote: »
    I actually feel really bad for you.

That's a right kick in the bollix.

How do you think I feel! Gutted,was leading my mates league by about 25 points and all,nice advantage in the race for a cool €200.Back to the drawing board for me.

The thing is I am 99% sure I clicked on Rooney so I just Confirmed the sub without thinking.

Sneijder as captain. Hope he gets another goal and the Dutch keep a clean sheet. I don't want to be wasting another 3 points on changing my captain again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Same for Gio :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Solid haul from Sneijder and van Persie, happy enough so far in this round.. 51 points from 4 players (including Captain Diego) who will stay in the first XI. Up to 7 players yet to play with a couple of 4 and 5 pointers in the line up at the minute.

G'man Gyan! Lovely stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

146 points in total

The 2 cock ups I made was taking the captancy off Maicon and giving it to villa, and I also should have taken loris out and put in James was about to do this when a friend rang me and I missed the deadline by 1 minute, the captancy is with Forlan this round and its staying there, swung between leaving in v.persie who got me 6 points today and putting in villa, think ill put in villa, spain should do Hondourus big time

Hmm, wonder shall I leave captaincy at Sneijder with his 20 points or will I see if De Rossi can do a job on New Zealand or Maicon on Ivory Coast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

125 points so far, 36th in the boards league, still have Casillas, Pique, Maicon, Kaka and Ronaldo to play

think I will change my captain to Kaka for tommorow, have Van Persie as captain at the moment with 12 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Forgot to bring in Stekelenberg, Kjaer and Agger today. Bollox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Hmmm...

What do people reckon on Kaka or Robinho being good for 10+ points tomorrow?

Got 3 fairly reasonable scores (8, 8 and 9) from my forwards so far, so I'm a little nervous about bringing in Robinho... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    Hmmm...

What do people reckon on Kaka or Robinho being good for 10+ points tomorrow?

Got 3 fairly reasonable scores (8, 8 and 9) from my forwards so far, so I'm a little nervous about bringing in Robinho... :confused:

Hard to predict with this game. I have Kaka and will be subbing him in but I'd be surprised if he got more than 7 as he didn't look great the other night. Don't have Robinho but if I did I'd be tempted to gamble on him as he looked up for it last game.

Dilemma I have is whether to ditch Ozil with 5 pts for Hamsik against Paraguay. I'm tempted but he was disappointing in the last match...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hard to predict with this game. I have Kaka and will be subbing him in but I'd be surprised if he got more than 7 as he didn't look great the other night. Don't have Robinho but if I did I'd be tempted to gamble on him as he looked up for it last game.

Dilemma I have is whether to ditch Ozil with 5 pts for Hamsik against Paraguay. I'm tempted but he was disappointing in the last match...

I'm bringing in Hamsik for Dos Santos who got 5 points, 5 points isn't a lot, 3 should be expected at the least so it's only a loss of 2.He has the potential to get more so I think it's worth it

titan18 wrote: »
    I'm bringing in Hamsik for Dos Santos who got 5 points, 5 points isn't a lot, 3 should be expected at the least so it's only a loss of 2.He has the potential to get more so I think it's worth it

Yeah I thought the same. Brought Hamsik in for him in the end. Felt it was worth a shot.

I have 6 players featuring tomorrow so it should be interesting. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Anyone think i should take the captaincy off Sneijder with 20 points and put it on Kaka??

Up from 255th a few days ago to 91st..happy days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

hitman79 wrote: »
    Anyone think i should take the captaincy off Sneijder with 20 points and put it on Kaka??

Up from 255th a few days ago to 91st..happy days :D

Depends on how lucky you're feeling - I've Sneijder as captain and I think I'm going to stick with him even though I have some decent options still to play Maicon, Villa, Pique.

If the player who comes in does nothing you're looking at a return of of probably 3 points so a potential loss of 14 points.

The player coming in is going to have to score at least 11 for you to benefit.

Personally I don't think the potential gain is worth the possible loss with only two chances left.

I was burnt in the last rounding replacing Howard (8) with Buffon (2) so I may be a bit gunshy.

I did swap Schwarzer (5) for Marchetti in this round as I find it hard to see New Zealand scoring and they are unlikely to be as lucky as they were in the last round. Was just waiting for confirmation of the talian team before the deadline before I realised they weren't the first game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Gwan Barrios... Now I'm gonna have to sub Villa in for V.Persie's 6 points.. Midfielders really did a poor job for me this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

wtf.... I made Robinho captain and confirmed it an all last night. But it still has RVP as captain ffs

Adebayor and Giles would be funny

• Advertisement

Kaka and Luis Fabiano doing very nicely for me. And no clean sheet for those with Maicon is nice too. Should top the 100 this round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Kaka and Luis Fabiano doing very nicely for me. And no clean sheet for those with Maicon is nice too. Should top the 100 this round.

Ah ya cursed him :mad:

Had Kaka as well. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Ah for f*ck sake, I have Kaka as capt. Thats the icing on top of the cake....

Heinze 2
    Howard 3
    Lahm 3
    Evra 3
    Cannavaro 3
    Dempsey 3
    Gourcuff 0
    Rooney 4
    Kaka (C) - unjustifiably sent off

Disasterous week. Can't believe Kaka of all people got sent off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

94 points with Casillas to play, tempted to lose 6 points and take out RVP for Villa.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Ah for f*ck sake, I have Kaka as capt. Thats the icing on top of the cake....

Heinze 2
    Howard 3
    Lahm 3
    Evra 3
    Cannavaro 3
    Dempsey 3
    Gourcuff 0
    Rooney 4
    Kaka (C) - unjustifiably sent off

Disasterous week. Can't believe Kaka of all people got sent off.

you have him in your team that deserves no sympathy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Irish Wolf wrote: »

Ah balls!! ended up putting Robinho in as captain.. D'oh! :(

Hopefully Casillas will save umpteen penalties and get a hat trick tomorrow.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Another Kaka captainer here. Need Silva and Villa to rescue me from a disasterous round so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,018 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

103pts for the round and hopefully can improve on that tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Only -3 for 2 yellows is bs considering you get a basic 3 for playing over 60 mins :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Bollix to that anyway........was away for the weekend and didn't get a chance to sub in Maicon or Kaka.

Kold wrote: »
    Only -3 for 2 yellows is bs considering you get a basic 3 for playing over 60 mins :/

Its plenty IMO, if you take Klose who got sent off early in the game and ended up on -1 and he has to stay in your team too. Thats probably a 6 point hit if you consider that a replacement for him would get around 5 points minimum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Have 79 this round with the Swiss keeper to play and Ville coming in for 4 point Rooney. Should i give Villa the armband or leave it on Sneijder with 20 points :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Was going to sub out 4 players today but never hit the confirm button.
    Ended up saving me a point :)
    Had no plan to switch capt from Schneidjer either:)

Schwarzer 5
    Schweinsteiger 4
    Evra 3
    Honda 3

Maicon 6
    Marchetti 3
    De Rossi 3
    Weiss 2

Should I chance taking out Cannavaro or Evra (both got 3) for Mendoza of Honduros, when they are playing Spain?

A little worried of a Spanish backlash and he'd end up with 1 or 2. I need every available point at this stage....

• Advertisement

Should I chance taking out Cannavaro or Evra (both got 3) for Mendoza of Honduros, when they are playing Spain?

A little worried of a Spanish backlash and he'd end up with 1 or 2. I need every available point at this stage....

Probably worth a punt.. he should get a couple of points and he could pop up with a goal.

Any thoughts on who to bring in for Kaka in the next round? I'm thinking Ozil or Krasic at the moment.

I had a similar dilemma. I have Figueroa and a midfielder, Alvarez. Decided to keep Hamsik and his 3 pts rather than risk either of them. Thought about trying Alvarez but heard he might be dropped so decided to be conservative.
    Mr. Guappa wrote:
    Any thoughts on who to bring in for Kaka in the next round? I'm thinking Ozil or Krasic at the moment.

I forgot Kaka misses the next game. :o Good thing you reminded me as I was planning to sell Hamsik.

I think I'll go for a player whose team need to win. I'm worried about some players being dropped in Round 3.

I had a similar dilemma. I have Figueroa and a midfielder, Alvarez. Decided to keep Hamsik and his 3 pts rather than risk either of them. Thought about trying Alvarez but heard he might be dropped so decided to be conservative.

I forgot Kaka misses the next game. :o Good thing you reminded me as I was planning to sell Hamsik.

I think I'll go for a player whose team need to win. I'm worried about some players being dropped in Round 3.

Ya.. I've Fabiano, Sneijder and van Persie who I'd worry about being rested for the last game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

How serious was Elano's injury guys? Missed the game. Probably be rested for the next round anyway given they've qualified, yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,018 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Archimedes wrote: »
    How serious was Elano's injury guys? Missed the game. Probably be rested for the next round anyway given they've qualified, yeah?
    The injury isn't that serious, the Brazilian doctor reckons he could well be fit to face Portugal. You'd imagine he would be rested but with Dunga you just never know for sure.

• Advertisement

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Probably worth a punt.. he should get a couple of points and he could pop up with a goal.

Bare in mind there are unlimited transfers after round 3, so you could try and get someone who's value is likely to rise therefore having more in the kitty... How you determine that however...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Kaka's sending off wasn't a total disaster thank god.... Still got 8 points. Have Villa and Fernandez brought in for tomorrow. Resisted temptation to bring Sanchez in for Messi. Beginning to think with this game you should be happy with what you have at times!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

thank you Ronaldo, 18 points:D, if only Kaka hadnt been sent off it would have been 36:mad:

82 points so far in this round with Casillas and Pique to play later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Good chap ronaldo 7 attacking bonuses must been flat out the whole match for that. You can view other peoples team for round 2 now btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Good chap ronaldo 7 attacking bonuses must been flat out the whole match for that. You can view other peoples team for round 2 now btw

Just had a look there and it seems like only one person close to me in my private league has Ronaldo. Alot have Villa but not as captain like me so here's hoping he does damage today.

Considering bringing in Drogba for the next game after that North Korea performance. I've Forlan, Rooney, Fabiano and van Persie up top at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Degag wrote: »
    Just had a look there and it seems like only one person close to me in my private league has Ronaldo. Alot have Villa but not as captain like me so here's hoping he does damage today.

Who are you in the boards league, im 2nd(3) on the table lol have another team also their 37th:o

Lost 2 points by bringing in Ferreira who Queiroz decides to drop. He was my transfer for this round too. :rolleyes: Need Casillas and Villa to come good for me later on.

Great stuff Inler. Last week, I left him on the bench... 8 points. This week I bring him in, 2 points.

By some miracle of God, I jumped back to top of the boards league last night. I'm sure Ronaldo and co will see to that. I wish I had have gone with my original plan to bring him in vs North Korea. They were so impressive (and Portugal so awful) in the first game that I decided not to bother. Whoops!

Solid enough contribution from Swiss GK Benaglio with 6 points. Need 11 from Pique and Xavi to break the ton.

• Advertisement
Advertisement