Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Fantasy Football (OP updated with leagues)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

My inspired trade outs of Fabiano and Ronaldo and opting to keep Rooney after Rd 1 have me laughing all the way to the bank now. I also bunged two of the Italian boys in at the back, kept Kaka, and punted on Mati Fernandez (who got 4 points and a ban).

Game over imo, 60 or so off the pace now. The leader of my league could fall flat in pig shit n come up smellin of roses with some of the luck he's had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I have Yaya Toure & Tiago on the bench......AAAARRRGGGGGHHHHH!

I'm in a weird situation; I have David Villa but Im hoping he gets as few points as possible because the lads streakin away with my league have him as captain and I dont. I was happy to see him miss the peno n lose the points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

So close...

mcfifaRound2.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Finished on 103 points.

My decision to leave the captaincy on Sneijder instead of swapping it to Fabiano and then Villa wasn't great though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

same 103 pts this round, 201pts overall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Got 95 points. Threw away four points with stupid substitutions but overall I'm satisfied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Brought in Xavi for Kaka. Wasn't really sure what to do as the likes of Argentina and Holland are likely to rest players.

Yup ya boyya top of the league again:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

107 points taking me to a total of 199 and 2nd place in the boards lge.

Am thinking Rooney out and Drogba in for the next round...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

102 points, 177 in total, up to 26th in the classic league and up to 13th in the head to head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,018 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

109 for 183 total. I lost six points with transfers in the last round which was sick. My two keepers Buffon and Ochoa had to go and brought in a sub keeper by accident which cost me my free transfer. Still it worked out fine in the second round and it with a shot.

I have to decide who to drop now, Sneijder or Van Persie are the most likely I'm thinking.

I'm 5th in the head 2 head league and 17th in the main one. I have a tough matchup though in the head 2 head with rafa's revenge who lost with 105 points in the last round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

101 points in that round,174 overall now.

Got rid of RVP for Drogba.This week could be difficult with a bunch of guys not playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Doing crap:( had to make alot of transfers there losing 16 points:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Got rid of Kaka for Dempsey. Have a feeling this round is going to be a big problem for me with players getting benched.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

20th place in the league and 8th in the H2H.

I forgot about changing my captain from Maicon to Villa so that cost me a bit.
    Had Gonzalez on the bench too but I knew he'd be on the bench for Chile so didn't bother with him.

Made a couple of transfers...
    Drogba in for Rooney and Alcaraz in for Zambrotta

Its either Riveros, Cahill, Tiago or Krasic for Kaka, still undecided though decision, any thoughts?

Tied 20th in the main league and tied 8th in the H2H with a total of 180 points so far.

Its either Riveros, Cahill, Tiago or Krasic for Kaka, still undecided though decision, any thoughts?

or yaya toure lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Messi or Higuain for captain against Greece tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Forgot to sub Villa in for RVP :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

102 points makes up for a crap first round. On 163 overall now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

108 points has me back on track after a Round 1 disaster.. 167 in total now.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

mars bar wrote: »
    Messi or Higuain for captain against Greece tomorrow?

Talking to a few Argies on another site, rumours in Argentina are it'll be a front 3 of Messi-Milito-Kun. Make of that what you will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

On 172 points. Lost out on a guaranteed extra 12 points because I wasn't around on Sat night to sub in Kaka and Maicon. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

If I make Messi captain today is it possible to change to Gerrard tomorrow if they both start today? I dont want to have toi sub Messi out to change captain or maybe I will just have to leave it?

If I make Messi captain today is it possible to change to Gerrard tomorrow if they both start today? I dont want to have toi sub Messi out to change captain or maybe I will just have to leave it?

Nope you can't sub the captaincy onto someone who has already played.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

As long as he has not played i am sure you can

Messi or Forlan as captain lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

consultech wrote: »
    Messi or Forlan as captain lads?
    Messi against Greece all day long for me.

• Advertisement

Sherifu wrote: »
    Messi against Greece all day long for me.

That's the way I'm leaning; However Forlan will be involved in a crunch match with Mexico that could either result in either extreme caginess or fast attacking football depending on how it goes, giving Diego the chance to pick up a load of AB points, as well as a potential goal or two.

I'm just edgy about choosing Messi, then Argentina cantering, or worse - Messi not starting. I will probably go with messi though as I've done every round so far, but he hasn't really delivered compared to other players' points haul.

Talking to a few Argies on another site, rumours in Argentina are it'll be a front 3 of Messi-Milito-Kun. Make of that what you will.

Glad I chose Messi then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Hmmmm, I have Kaka & Gourcuff, who both need to be changed. 5 points behind in my work league, 6th in boards league.

Options in midfielder are scare. I have can pick any two players, but no idea who to go for...

Will Elano be back?

Leaning towards maybe Ji-Sung Park (vs Nigeria who have nothing to play for when South Koreas qualification is on the line) and Periera of Uruguay?

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Hmmmm, I have Kaka & Gourcuff, who both need to be changed. 5 points behind in my work league, 6th in boards league.

Options in midfielder are scare. I have can pick any two players, but no idea who to go for...

Will Elano be back?

Leaning towards maybe Ji-Sung Park (vs Nigeria who have nothing to play for when South Koreas qualification is on the line) and Periera of Uruguay?

I brought in Ozil for Kaka, Krasic and Park were the others I considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Ribery out, Dos Santos in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,018 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ribery is playing I thought?
    I had to take a 3 point deduction when I seen that Evra was not playing. Had already used my free transfer. Still unsure of other players so had to bring somebody in, took Clichy.

No Evra :(

Poor start to this round from Pienaar (4) and Forlan (3).

Just a heads up lads: The transfer window for the Last 16 is open now and its unlimited transfers in this period. I've taken the oppurtunity to dump players I think will drop in value and bring in players likely to rise in value. Hopefully I can make a nice profit by doing this which will help me out in the later rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Not a bad start from my 3 who have played. 16 with Victorino (7), Arevalo Rios (5) and Pienaar (4).

• Advertisement

Malouda did good for me considering he only came on at half time, a decent 7 which means he will more than likely be left in my team

Malouda did good for me considering he only came on at half time, a decent 7 which means he will more than likely be left in my team

Samesies. Thank god too, my midfield's in ribbons with Kaka/Fernandez banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Dam..sold Malouda when i heard the french team...still got 17 from Suarez,Pienaar and Pereira. Hoping for a Messi hatrick tonight :D

Brought in Higuain and he doesn't start. D'oh!

Transfers:
    Gourcuff (-2) -> Ji-Sung Park (?)
    Kaka (0) -> A. Periera (5)

Evra - out
    Heinze - out

All my defenders were rubbish last week. Looks like the same this week. Hope to God that Ji-Sung Park those something in the second half!

Transfers:
    Gourcuff (-2) -> Ji-Sung Park (?)
    Kaka (0) -> A. Periera (5)

Evra - out
    Heinze - out

All my defenders were rubbish last week. Looks like the same this week. Hope to God that Ji-Sung Park those something in the second half!

I thought you couldn't transfer out a player who was sent off?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Okay, got 20 points for Tshabalalalalalala as captain...now do I risk that by passing the armband on to Toure, Kaka, Fabiano or Villa?

Degag wrote: »
    I thought you couldn't transfer out a player who was sent off?

You're right and you're wrong :)

If one of the players in your 11 gets sent off during that round, he is stuck there. You can't sub in another player for him and you can't take the captaincy off him.

There is nothing stopping you actually transferring out a player who was sent off before the next round of games start though.

You're right and you're wrong :)

If one of the players in your 11 gets sent off during that round, he is stuck there. You can't sub in another player for him and you can't take the captaincy off him.

There is nothing stopping you actually transferring out a player who was sent off before the next round of games start though.

Ah ok, but he's only eligible for the next round of games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Maybe best to start transfering out players now each day as they get eliminated, in preperation for the Last 16? I figure they'll start to lose value if left till the end of Matchday 3.

EDIT/

Actually, its fine with regards to the eliminated players. From the Rules:
    Player values will continue to change throughout the McDonald's FIFA World Cup Fantasy, however players who have been eliminated will not change in value.

Any advice on who to captain tomorrow?

I have A.Cole, Rooney, Schweinsteiger, Ozil, Vidic and Onyewu. I am leaning towards taking a punt on Cole.

• Advertisement
Advertisement