Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Fantasy Football (OP updated with leagues)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Godin didn't play, Di Maria got 1 pt, Dos Santos 4 and Messi 10 (5).

This might not be a good week. Hope not too many of my players are rested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Degag wrote: »
    Ah ok, but he's only eligible for the next round of games?

He was sent off in round two, ineligible for round three, but back again for the last 16. I'm sure his value will jump up again now as people begin to set their teams for the knockout stages.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but because he serves his suspension this round, if he gets booked in the last 16, he won't miss the quarter final now (presuming Brazil get that far). I think once you hit the last 8, all the previous yellows are cleared (I'm not 100% sure about this)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

I've got Lampard, Ozil, Kolarov, Bocanegra and Belhadj playing tomorrow, tempted not to put the captaincy on any of them because of the risk of one being sent off. Don't think it's gauranteed any of them will get big points so no real point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

I've thrown the armband on Rooney for tomorrow as Messi only got me 10 points. Surely Rooney has to come good and make up for Saturdays post match rant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I've messi as captain too, and am considering changing for Rooney or van Persie (NED-v-CMR).

Actually, I've got Xavi and David Silva in midfield, to play Chile. I've a tough captaincy choice for this one.

Also, any news/tips on Brazil v Portugal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I think this round of matches will cause the league leaders to suffer a bit as they've been relying on having so many options with perfectly efficient sub strategies etc. This round you only have 3 shots at subs and captains n if players you gambled on under-perform you could be in trouble. For instance, I have 6 players playing on the 25th. If I gamble on all of those and they don't play/perform, I'm screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

consultech wrote: »
    I think this round of matches will cause the league leaders to suffer a bit as they've been relying on having so many options with perfectly efficient sub strategies etc. This round you only have 3 shots at subs and captains n if players you gambled on under-perform you could be in trouble. For instance, I have 6 players playing on the 25th. If I gamble on all of those and they don't play/perform, I'm screwed.

Where does it say only 3 subs this round? Ah, you mean three days of games...I get you - panic over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Where does it say only 3 subs this round?

I think he means as there was only 3 more rounds of matches its harder to pick your captain.

Does anyone know what the story is with transfers now,I had Lloris in my team but have dropped him so lost his 5 points from yesterday.I want to transfer him now to make 0.1 mil on him,thats grand yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Gillington wrote: »
    I think he means as there was only 3 more rounds of matches its harder to pick your captain.

Does anyone know what the story is with transfers now,I had Lloris in my team but have dropped him so lost his 5 points from yesterday.I want to transfer him now to make 0.1 mil on him,thats grand yeah?

Ya you can start making transfers for the Last 16 round of matches now. I started yesterday and have a nice profit on the likes of Stekelenberg, the Urugauay 'keeper and a few more already. Its unlimited transfers this round too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Whatjes reckon, will Sneijder start tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

consultech wrote: »
    Whatjes reckon, will Sneijder start tomorrow?
    Hope so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Any Van Persie owners think he'll be rested? He is on a yellow card.

Im throwing the armband on Sneijder after another Rooney nightmare. Have Villa on friday if Sneijder doesnt play :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Suprised im still first in this league, whats going on with yis lads:p

I presume transferring players out doesnt lose their points? Whats the advantage of making transfer now anyway? Surely waiting til saturday morning when we know who's qualified is the time to make transfers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I got 20 points out of Lahm with captaincy so I think I'll play it safe and leave it with him. Vidic out and Medel in. Don't think I have too much to lose with that one.

Forlan's 3 points and Higuain not playing has made it slightly more difficult. Sitting on 57 at the moment though and up to 49th on Boards league so not doing too badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,018 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Any Van Persie owners think he'll be rested? He is on a yellow card.
    I got rid of him before this round because of that. I think its very likely he will be rested seeing as he is a bit injury prone and has the yellow card.

It does seem logical that they would bench Van Persie but the manager says he will play according to the BBC.
    Netherlands coach Bert van Marwijk says he isn't planning any changes and will field the same team for the third game in a row. That means Arjen Robben, close to recovering from a hamstring injury, will have to settle for a place on the bench at best.

The way these games work if I bench him he'll probably bag a brace or more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I reckon V. Persie will be benched with Huntelaar replacing him.

Gonna give my captaincy to Bendtner. I reckon he'll bag a brace, assuming he's fit to play.

• Advertisement

It does seem logical that they would bench Van Persie but the manager says he will play according to the BBC.

The way these games work if I bench him he'll probably bag a brace or more.
    Well thats weird because he said this also.
    "I will take into account the fitness of the players," he promised. "I might have to think about the situation with the cards. However, you shouldn't expect me to suddenly line up a completely different team."
    http://www.worldcup.cbssports.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,13041~2077127,00.html

Hmm, he's not giving much away. I might wait and see if he gives some hints before the deadline passes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Made alot of changes to my team. Have the holland keeper captain for tomorrow. Hopefully get 20+ points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Gave the captaincy to Lahm today which returned a decent total of 20 points, so I'll probably just leave it with him. Sad that Nadir "the point machine" Belhadj is out now!:p

Vokes wrote: »
    I reckon V. Persie will be benched with Huntelaar replacing him.

Gonna give my captaincy to Bendtner. I reckon he'll bag a brace, assuming he's fit to play.

He's supposed to be doubtful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Any updates on players rested etc? Specifically Van Persie or Sneijder?

• Advertisement

jimbling wrote: »
    Any updates on players rested etc? Specifically Van Persie or Sneijder?

The Dutch boss said Van Persie will start, I wouldnt be at all suprised if he bangs a few goals in today with the pressure off and Robben could well return from injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

An Citeog wrote: »
    Sad that Nadir "the point machine" Belhadj is out now!:p

Agreed, he was bagging the points for me :D

Frisbee wrote: »
    Agreed, he was bagging the points for me :D

Lol, couldn't believe it when i saw he had 9 points last night.... Pretty annoying considering it'd have been 13 only for a 91st minute goal!

Cannavaro or Sneidjer as captain today lads?Will Sneidjer play?Surely Italy will keep a clean sheet? Anyone think Honda will score more than Rooneys 4 points?

Current first choice and squad.
    FF_6.jpg

Am I right to take the risk in taking off the two 5 pointers??

I have further subs to bring in, but I am still worried about Sneijder or Van being rested. I guess either way I'm only looking at losing out 4/5 points.... so will do it all right.

And also, Captaincy..... Sneijder or Van is an option for this evening...with the switch to Villa tomorrow if neither score big. Or, I could be happy with the 9 points :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Not sure whether to leave Ozil as captain or not. 18 points - anyone think its worth the risk to go with one of Robinho, Fabiano, Xavi or Villa instead? Probably not...

hitman79 wrote: »
    Cannavaro or Sneidjer as captain today lads?Will Sneidjer play?Surely Italy will keep a clean sheet? Anyone think Honda will score more than Rooneys 4 points?

I would go with Sneijder as captain. If he doesn't play you can put it onto one of your last day players (assuming you have some). He has the potential to get more points than cannavaro.

I'd stick with Ozil, its the second best score on your team. This round has been low scoring and it might continue that way.

took the armband off Lampard he had 14 for me but im sure of Van Persie grabbing a goal or two tonight

Took 13 points off the field, but kept Ozil as my captain.

I would go with Sneijder as captain. If he doesn't play you can put it onto one of your last day players (assuming you have some). He has the potential to get more points than cannavaro.

Hope you listened to me :p

Disaster, just noticed Alcaraz didn't start for Paraguay. Threw away 5 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Disaster, just noticed Alcaraz didn't start for Paraguay. Threw away 5 points.

Not as big a disaster as leaving Vittek on the bench... :(

Bugger it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Ah balls, I just can't catch a bit of luck at all since round 1....way out of contention now, down in 12th. :(

Last round, i had RVP as captain, Sneidjer scored.

This round, i have Sneijder as captain, RVP scored.

Still first in boards league and 271st in the world 30 points away from the top:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Just after making 5 subs for tomorrow......taking 20 points off my score!! :eek: My hopes for tomorrow are obviously quite high.

I had made my mind up to bring in Van Persie but slept late and the rest is history (along with his 8 pts).

Whacking the captaincy on Villa for Friday and hoping for a few goals against Chile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I got 3 points for Zambrotta.
    The only defender i have on the bench now, who hasnt played, is FIGUEROA.

Do you reckon I should just bank the 3 points for Zambrotta, or sub on Figueroa and hope he gets more than that against the Swiss?

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I got 3 points for Zambrotta.
    The only defender i have on the bench now, who hasnt played, is FIGUEROA.

Do you reckon I should just bank the 3 points for Zambrotta, or sub on Figueroa and hope he gets more than that against the Swiss?

If you know he is gonna start then i'd stick him on, 3 points is not a hard score to beat especially if Figueroa is starting, ive the same but i have Pique to come in for him

I've brought Villa and Xavi in. Could bring Bastos in for Agger but think that Dunga said he's resting players, so will have to wait till tomorrow i guess to find out.

I'm 3rd in the league at the minute, I have 88 points for this round so far which is pretty decent but I have decisions to make.

My lowest scorers are 5 pointers, I have Xavi, Maicon and Fabiano on the bench. I don't know what to do.

Degag wrote: »
    I've brought Villa and Xavi in. Could bring Bastos in for Agger but think that Dunga said he's resting players, so will have to wait till tomorrow i guess to find out.

I read that Dunga said he will be going all out to win the match, he said Julio Baptista is coming in for Kaka and he might rest Elano as he got injured in the previous game, not sure about Bastos though

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭gingelion

I just made my first substitutions of the tournament. was winnin a league by 10 points but took off messi who i had had as captain to put on ronaldo who i've made captain. lost those 10 points so now its all level but i've got 6 players playing tonight. hope it works out.

Maicon or Villa as captain - any suggestions? Leaning towards Villa at the moment.

• Advertisement

Crap robhino on the bench

Advertisement