Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Fantasy Football (OP updated with leagues)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Gone with Villa as captain today and hopefully he produces the goods! How do i break it to the gf that i have to be back from an overnight stay by 2.45 tomorrow to make changes to my fantasy football team :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

hitman79 wrote: »
    Gone with Villa as captain today and hopefully he produces the goods! How do i break it to the gf that i have to be back from an overnight stay by 2.45 tomorrow to make changes to my fantasy football team :(

Been in that situation before :) Although it was before 11:30 for the Premiership one!

Take her for breakfast or lunch in a nearby town, then find an internet cafe and pop in there for half an hour.. easy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Went with Villa as captain too. Hoping for a goal or two.
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Been in that situation before :) Although it was before 11:30 for the Premiership one!

Take her for breakfast or lunch in a nearby town, then find an internet cafe and pop in there for half an hour.. easy!

Ha, I love it. I applaud your dedication to FF. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

GOSH my luck really is in, with only 1 minute left for substitutions i put Yaya Toure in for Robhino cuz i seen the brasilian isnt starting Toure is just after scoring:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

LMAO. Hardcore FF dedication :D

Damn @ Fabiano yellow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Villa as captain for me today, here's hoping he can do the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Crap robhino on the bench

Samesies :(

Praying for a Nilmar broken leg here.

consultech wrote: »
    Samesies :(

Praying for a Nilmar broken leg here.
    Crap robhino on the bench

But then I..
    GOSH my luck really is in, with only 1 minute left for substitutions i put Yaya Toure in for Robhino cuz i seen the brasilian isnt starting Toure is just after scoring:D
    Toure has 9 points so far:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

I love it!

But you do know that you can edit your team for the second round right now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Transferring Drogba in didn't pay off for me, but Maicon did ok with 10. Now Casillas, Villa and Grichting to get a good haul for me tonight hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Drogba didn't do too well.Got a lot of points off Maicon,Michel Bastos and Coentrao though.Have Benaglio,Xavi and Villa later on

I'm on 70 so far for this round with Xavi and Villa (C) to play.

My decision to transfer in Barry (the IC goalie) was a nice little point boost.

Degag wrote: »
    I love it!

But you do know that you can edit your team for the second round right now?

I know but i wanna see what teams are thru and then get a look at the starting line ups tomorrow too before the 2.45 deadline.. Im in a league with mates and a 200euro prize. I wouldnt be too bothered only for that. I'll be driving like a lunatic :D

My team for the next round:

fant.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

So whats the story, can you transfer in new players for the next round now or do you have to wait until 11pm tonight? And do the transfers cos you 3 points each or do you have unlimited for free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Do you still have to pick 23 players, eg. could you pick 16 players and leave the rest as players who have been knocked out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The number of players you can have from one team has been increased for rd. 4. I have 4 Germans in my team!

You can make unlimited changes so don't worry about point hits. Value will stay as it is too from what I gather.

I know but i wanna see what teams are thru and then get a look at the starting line ups tomorrow too before the 2.45 deadline.. Im in a league with mates and a 200euro prize. I wouldnt be too bothered only for that. I'll be driving like a lunatic :D

We might be in the same league!

Lads where's the best place to find lineups as theyre announced?? I've tried bbc.co.uk but I can never see em.

mars bar wrote: »
    The number of players you can have from one team has been increased for rd. 4. I have 4 Germans in my team!

You can make unlimited changes so don't worry about point hits. Value will stay as it is too from what I gather.

I don't know where you are getting this from, only players who are eliminated will have their value locked. I've made over 2 million by transferring in the most popular players since the start of this round.

Think I'm gonna load up with players that will play Saturday and Sunday then have a few Brazilians and Dutch waiting in the wings for those who don't perform. Also gonna try and have a good captain choice for each day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I don't know where you are getting this from, only players who are eliminated will have their value locked. I've made over 2 million by transferring in the most popular players since the start of this round.

Think I'm gonna load up with players that will play Saturday and Sunday then have a few Brazilians and Dutch waiting in the wings for those who don't perform. Also gonna try and have a good captain choice for each day.

I was open to correction and you're right. It makes sense too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

A nice 35 points from 3 players really helped me today,all my transfers were done last night aswell so gonna see if their value goes up and I can make a few bob!

Villa as captain worked a treat. Just outside the top ten now in the Boards League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Is Robben considered a gamble at this stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I presume Kaka is back for the next game. I thought he was just banned for one game, but the McDonalds site is still showing him as suspended. Thought that may be updated after 11.

Current team for next round:

Last16.jpg

It will change a bit before the deadline, would like to bring in Forlan and maybe Villa, although Portugal are good at the back so I can't see him scoring too high in the next round, so might go for Ronaldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

Rooney10 wrote: »
    I presume Kaka is back for the next game. I thought he was just banned for one game, but the McDonalds site is still showing him as suspended. Thought that may be updated after 11.

Ya what's up with this?

I have Kaka and Robben but dont want to take them out :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Jumped up 100,000 odd places this week which is pretty good going

Current 11 is as follows

Stekelenburg vs Slovakia

Lahm vs England
    M. Pereira vs South Korea
    Jung Soo vs Uruguay

A. Pereira vs South Korea
    Bradley vs Ghana
    Chungyong vs Uruguay
    Veron vs Mexico

Messi vs Mexico
    Higuain vs Mexico
    Forlan vs South Korea

main bench players are:

Maicon vs Chile
    Van Der Wiel vs Slovakia
    Nakazawa vs Paraguay

Honda vs Paraguay
    Kaka vs Chile
    Sneijder vs Slovakia
    Hamsik vs Holland

Villa vs Portugal
    Kuyt vs Slovakia

Just did a quick one, will do it better when im not as tired
    FF.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Gonna go for the following for this round:

[IMG][/img]r1j349.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Is anyone having issues with transfers? I put together a new team for knock outs in the transfer page but I just get my old squad when I click on the my team page for round 4.

I couldn't find anything about it in the rules but I presume that any goals scored/conceded in extra-time count towards fantasy points? If so, then defenders become slightly less valuable.

cooker3 wrote: »
    Is anyone having issues with transfers? I put together a new team for knock outs in the transfer page but I just get my old squad when I click on the my team page for round 4.

Yeah it happened to me as well. It worked the second time though.

Anyone up? Is Kaka banned for Chile game???

consultech wrote: »
    Anyone up? Is Kaka banned for Chile game???
    Bit late replying but NO.

• Advertisement

Round 4 team:

Round4FF.png

Sherifu wrote: »
    Bit late replying but NO.

Grand, his status was red as late as 4am this mornin so I wasn't sure.

Happy days...home in time to make changes!! Is anyone else gonna leave cheap players in their squads who's teams have been knocked out and just have about 18 active players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Happy days...home in time to make changes!! Is anyone else gonna leave cheap players in their squads who's teams have been knocked out and just have about 18 active players?

Yea I still have 4 in my squad. I definitely think its a good idea to leave them in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Frisbee wrote: »
    My team for the next round:

fant.jpg

What are you doing witth Suarez on the bench? Play him in the first game, if he scores lots of point, then great, if he doesnt then you can sub him

• Advertisement

Yeah, squad size is too big, you only really need 14-15 players. Keeping a few 1 million lads in there helps free up funds to buy big scorers.

KevIRL wrote: »
    What are you doing witth Suarez on the bench? Play him in the first game, if he scores lots of point, then great, if he doesnt then you can sub him

I posted that before I'd arranged them into a team. Suarez is most certainly starting :D

Yeah, squad size is too big, you only really need 14-15 players. Keeping a few 1 million lads in there helps free up funds to buy big scorers.

I've 23 players who are all playing in this round. There is only 4 free transfers for each remaining round, so wanted to give myself as many options as possible for the later stages.

Decided to take a punt on Defoe and have Cavani of Uruguay as Captain after some drunken changes!

I've 23 players who are all playing in this round. There is only 4 free transfers for each remaining round, so wanted to give myself as many options as possible for the later stages.

Decided to take a punt on Defoe and have Cavani of Uruguay as Captain after some drunken changes!

Four free transfers is loads though

Even though Suarez scored, Forlan has more points so was right to stick him as captain (so far!) :o

Forlan has 2 attacking bonus & 1 defending bonus as well as the assist and minute points. All good so far :) Could turn out to be a great captain.

Ended switching my Americans for the Ghana contingent early this morning. Hope it works out.

2a4ydmp.png

If this game finished right now I'd be happy. 34 points from 3 players. Would leave me with a tricky decision around Forlan's captaincy though...

If this game finished right now I'd be happy. 34 points from 3 players. Would leave me with a tricky decision around Forlan's captaincy though...

LOL what a jinx!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

LOL what a jinx!

ye thanks a bunch :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement