Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Fantasy Football (OP updated with leagues)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Some tough decisions tonight.

So far I have Forlan @ 18 (captain) and Suarez @ 8

with Messi and Higuain playing tomorrow, with a limit of 3 strikers :( Help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Archimedes wrote: »
    Some tough decisions tonight.

So far I have Forlan @ 18 (captain) and Suarez @ 8

with Messi and Higuain playing tomorrow, with a limit of 3 strikers :( Help!

lol thats a pickle alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Decision made easier now Archi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Atta boy Luis, atta boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Looks like I picked all the wrong Uruguayans, at least Lee Chung-Yong will get me decent points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

47 points.

Suarez (c) and Chung Yong getting the majority of them.

A USA clean sheet tonight and i'll be delighted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

48 points after 1 game......not too shabby. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Think i'll be leaving Suarez as captain with 28 points.4 Uraguay lads got me 40 points but will sub a few out for the big hitters over the next few days :D A goal from Bradley or Dempsey would be sweet tonight ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

53 points from that game, happy out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Motherf***er. Raging here.

Although I transferred Suarez in for Higuain at 2.43 today, JUST as I was changing the captaincy from Forlan to him at 2.44 my laptop died. I had moved the captaincy n all, but never hit confirm, I was literally hovering over it. Absolutely bulling! Ah well, 32 from 2 players aint bad, but Ive a similar dilemma as above now with Messi/Robinho/Villa in the wings. I get the feeliong Ive lost ground on lots of people in my league by messing the captaincy up. Everyone I speak to seems to have had Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Forlan as captain with 18 points. Stick or twist? Tough to know with the mid-range scores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

I am sickened, my transfers never went through for some stange reason.. i came home there and went to check how a few of my new transfers got on. but no it was my old team still there..
    Im certain i confirmed the team. sickened cause i was doing quite well, as well but this just messes me up totally..im not too bad cause i think only four or five of my players from the last round are knocked out so should be able to get a few points this round...but its the next round when i can only make four changes for free, its going to eat away at my points..:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Harpy wrote: »
    I am sickened, my transfers never went through for some stange reason.. i came home there and went to check how a few of my new transfers got on. but no it was my old team still there..
    Im certain i confirmed the team. sickened cause i was doing quite well, as well but this just messes me up totally..im not too bad cause i think only four or five of my players from the last round are knocked out so should be able to get a few points this round...but its the next round when i can only make four changes for free, its going to eat away at my points..:(

Ok your's is worse! lol.

Boateng you beauty!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Have three Americans in my team. Bah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Forlan as captain with 18 points. Stick or twist? Tough to know with the mid-range scores.

In the exact same situation, its a head wrecker as its the first game, you wouldn't mind so much if it was later in the game week.

Ive decided to stick with it after my unreal bad prediction to put captaincy on Drogba on the final game of the game week last round...he scored 3 points. I had Villa in my team to but went with Drogba. Its cost me number 1 in the Boards league!

So gonna stick with Forlan...but am tempted by Lahm 2mrw, Maicon the next day and Villa after that...tough decision!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I've still got Messi, Fabiano, Van Persie and Ronaldo to play so I'm thinking of changing the captaincy. 18 from Forlán isn't really that much considering and the others could really bang in a few goals.

Hopefully this comes off cause had a very poor day today. 6 players playing tomorrow. Better get some favourable results

Tough captaincy dilemma for tomorrow. Have Higuain, Messi, Lahm and Ozil. Don't know who to go for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Tough captaincy dilemma for tomorrow. Have Higuain, Messi, Lahm and Ozil. Don't know who to go for.
    I have to decide whether to take it off Gyan or not.

Going with Higuain for captain tomorrow, I reckon he'll get at least one.

• Advertisement

I'm leaning towards Messi at the moment. He surely has to grab a goal at some stage. I've narrowed it down to him or Higuain. I reckon one or both will be on the scoresheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Taken it off Forlan for Messi, he's gonna have to grab himself one or two at SOME stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Great day, Suarez as captain with Prince Boateng and Ayew popping up with an goal and assist a piece, gone from 60 odd to just outside top 10 now.
    Thankfully Ghana and Uruguay got through as I overloaded my squad with them making transfers a lot easier for the QF.
    Tomorrow just 3 players in my squad but they are Lahm, Ozil and Messi so I don't expect to substitute them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Not the best day for me and tbh i reckon its downhill for me from now on, i chose my players for this round in a hurry, so i think my good run is over...hope not though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Top of the league....for a while anyway.:D

Probably a false position as I had 4 Urugayans and 3 Yanks playing but I'll enjoy it for the moment. Suraez on 14 and Forlan on 18 as captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Shall I leave captaincy with Forlan or stick it on Higuain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I took it off Forlan and gave it to Messi.. he has to score at some stage. Even if he doesn't and despite Higuain's hat-trick he's only one point behind him so he still scores fairly good points

Gwan Klose, switched captaincy from Forlan to Klose another goal would be nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Ok guys, so who had Muller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

9 points for neuer, nice one! :)

• Advertisement

No Veron:( cmon Maradona your killin me here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

No Veron:( cmon Maradona your killin me here

Yea I brought him in too =[

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I took it off Forlan and gave it to Messi.. he has to score at some stage. Even if he doesn't and despite Higuain's hat-trick he's only one point behind him so he still scores fairly good points

Gave it to Higuain... well at least I thought I did :mad:

Only a 4 point loss though so not too bad... unless Higuain scores again

9 points for neuer, nice one! :)

Same, delighted with his assist :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Hmmm 10 points (x2) for cap'n Higuain... Think I'll gamble!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I have Bradley, Ji Sung Park and Dempsey in my midfield and each of them have 4 points. I have Honda and Sneijder on the bench. Will definitely bring in Sneijder. Should I go with Honda?

mars bar wrote: »
    I have Bradley, Ji Sung Park and Dempsey in my midfield and each of them have 4 points. I have Honda and Sneijder on the bench. Will definitely bring in Sneijder. Should I go with Honda?
    Deffo, the most you are likely to lose is 1 point but you could gain a bunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I'm on 73 with Villa, Fabiano, Kaka, Tiago, Meireles, Elano, Coentrao & Alcaraz on the bench....going to have to have a couple of gambles, me thinks.

Scoring well enough so far with Chungyong (9), Messi (8), Ayew (7), Donovan (10) my best. Will take out Ozil and his 6 points.

I have Messi as captain with 8 points. I think I'll switch it to one of my Brazilians or Dutch, I've got Maicon, Kaka, Fabiano, Sneijder and van der Wiel.. Leaning towards Maicon or Kaka at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Have Suarez and Higuain up front and have Fabiano and van Persie on the bench for tomorrow but can only bring in one, leaning towards van Persie because I reckon they could put a few past Slovakia but it's hard to leave Fabiano out.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I have Messi as captain with 8 points. I think I'll switch it to one of my Brazilians or Dutch, I've got Maicon, Kaka, Fabiano, Sneijder and van der Wiel.. Leaning towards Maicon or Kaka at the moment.

I'm in a very similar situation. I have all those players except Fabiano and I also have Messi as captain. I was thinking about keeping it on Messi but you're definitely going to gamble on someone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Have 63 points myself but losing 12 to bring in Heitinga,Mathijsen,Maicon, Kaka,Sneijder and Van Persie tomorrow! Defenately keeping the armband on Suarez. Hoping for 100 points this round :D

I'm in a very similar situation. I have all those players except Fabiano and I also have Messi as captain. I was thinking about keeping it on Messi but you're definitely going to gamble on someone else?

Leaning that way but I haven't switched it yet. I have decided that Kaka will get it if I do. My main concern is that I don't have much in the way of a back-up option on the last day, Honda would have to get it. Might just leave it with Messi and his 8 altogether.

Well it hasn't been going well for me this round and I have major issues right now.

I have Messi on 8 and Gyan on 9 up front but I have Fabiano and Robinho up tomorrow and then Villa still left. I think I've got to drop Messi and take a chance on the two Brazilains and hope that at least one of them does it but if both don't do it then I can still switch to 2 up front for the last day.

My midfield is in bits but I still have Kaka, Honda and Xavi to play, I have only got Ayew there with any sort of a decent score and my defense is gonna cost me bigtime in this round unless Maicon and Ramos come up trumps.

I'm contemplating dropping Messi. My strikers have done well so far:

Messi - 8
    Forlan - 9
    Higuain - 10

But I have Van Persie and Villa on the bench and they could feasibly score bigger. I don't think I'll be happy whatever I decide.

• Advertisement

For anybody who has Robben waiting in the wings, he might be worth a risk. Van Der Vaart withdrew from training midway through it today and is a doubt for tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Problem up front now, Messi had 8,Donovan has 10 and Podolski has 11, and I have Robben and Villa on the bench.Not sure on whether to take the risk or not

Archimedes wrote: »
    For anybody who has Robben waiting in the wings, he might be worth a risk. Van Der Vaart withdrew from training midway through it today and is a doubt for tomorrow.

Van Der Vaart out tomorrow ah no if he is it will complete a disaster of a round for me, no chance of winning that car :o

titan18 wrote: »
    Problem up front now, Messi had 8,Donovan has 10 and Podolski has 11, and I have Robben and Villa on the bench.Not sure on whether to take the risk or not

I don't think I would change it with those options. Robben might not start and I don't see Villa doing really well against a very mean Portugal defence.

titan18 wrote: »
    Villa has 29 points to date and its on him you should be basing your decision.

I'd take 4.5 pts off his score because Portugal have not conceded a goal in the tournament so far.that leaves him on 24.5/3 = 8.06 pts avg. against a tough defense, so I'd say go for it as you are getting a free shot with Robben before you have to bring in Villa.

• Advertisement
Advertisement