Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Fantasy Football (OP updated with leagues)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Have Da Silva/ Morel on my bench. Reckon I should replace them with Heinze/Van der weil, both got 5 points?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well I dropped Messi from my team and end up with three 9 pointers up front and one of them Captain.

I have four to drop now and five I can bring in. I just don't know what way to go about it.

I'm deffo bringing in Xavi and Villar in goals then its a choice between Pique, Ramos and Honda. I just don't know which way to go though.

Having watched Paraguay they have been excellent in defense and don't foul much but Honda is the most fouled player in the tournament.

I kinda like the idea of Honda as if Paraguay do concede its very likely he will be involved. Also if I bring in two Spanish defenders and they concede its a bit of a disaster.

I currently only have 3 in midfield and four at the back. Two 4 pointers and 1 3 pointer who are going out.

Choice of Ramos, Pique and Honda for two spots. Who would you go for?

I'd put in Honda anyway, and flip a coin between Ramos and Pique.Doubt there will be too much between them in points if any.I'd lean towards Ramos though, but others might do with Pique

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I have Ozil with 6,my lowest scorer outfield, but Coentrao and Alcaraz on the bench.Should I take out him and put in one of them,and which one should I bring in if I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

titan18 wrote: »
    I have Ozil with 6,my lowest scorer outfield, but Coentrao and Alcaraz on the bench.Should I take out him and put in one of them,and which one should I bring in if I do.

I would bring in Coentrao for him. I had a similar problem... two 5-point defenders and Coentrao and Morel of Paraguay as options. I brought in Coentrao but not Morel because Morel has not scored higher than 7. Coentrao gets down the wing a lot and has picked up a lot of bonus points, plus they are really tight at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

titan18 wrote: »
    I deffo would not bring in Coentrao anyways, you are looking for Portugal to hold Spain scoreless to beat that score and Coentrao will be under all sorts of pressure from Navas and Ramos.

I honestly fancy the Paraguayans tomorrow and its because of the way they defend that I like them. This is why I'm having a difficult time deciding to bring Honda in.

Having said that though, I could well be wrong and tbh if I was in your position I would leave it and not take a chance. 6 points is a decent score, not great but only a clean sheet for one of them teams will beat it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Atm I have Suarez 14, Higuain 10 and Fabiano (C) 18 up front.

Is it worth taking the risk to bring in Villa? for Fabiano and give him the armband?

I'm thinking not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Frisbee wrote: »
    Atm I have Suarez 14, Higuain 10 and Fabiano (C) 18 up front.

Is it worth taking the risk to bring in Villa? for Fabiano and give him the armband?

I'm thinking not.

Play save imo.

Taking a gamble on Xavi to replace Gilberto silva. Hoping xavi steps up in this big game and gets more then 6.

Villa to replace Hamsik who got 3 points. Now up to 3 strikers

Da silva of paraguay to replace Van die wiel hoping he gets more then 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

That penalty killed me. Last kick of the game too.....

Honda or Coentrao? Or even, is it worth putting in both of them and taking off Demichelles(4)?

I fear Portugal may concede two. Every point counts in my private league. I thought I was well out of it, but back in it thanks to a major f*ck up! Gap has closed slightly today as my rival left Sneijder on his bench!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Sitting on 103 points with Honda still to play tomorrow... Vittek's goal f*cked my team up a bit but luckily I had Julio Cesar, Michel Bastos, Fabiano and Maicon (c) to give me 49 pts from todays game.

35th in the boards league but would be joint third if I hadn't dropped 28 points last week by going out on the p*ss for the Italy game and forgetting to bring in Villa, Eduardo etc when I got home... still only 30 odd points off the pace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I have 4 Japanese players on my bench but not sure whether to use any. Really struggling to call their game with Paraguay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Seeing as I completely fudged up this week I decided to go and put Nakazawa in place of Peirera for a 5 point loss and gave the captaincy to Honda and lost 6 from Kaka and took out Messi for Villa for an 8 point loss... insanity has truly set in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Damn, stupid defence for doing super sh*t.

---Stekelenberg 2

Maicon 10 Fucile 4 Perreira 5 Dimichelis 4

Ozil 6 Shneijder(c) 26 Dos Santos 5

Messi 8 Forlan 9 Fabiano 9

Subs left: Vera (mf) Honda (mf) David Villa

I'm wondering whether to bring in Vera and Honda for Dimichelis and Dos Santos and am considering rolling the dice by putting Villa in for Messi. I mean he'd need to get more than a goal for it to pay off but he does look in great form. At the same time he's playing against Portugal who haven't conceded afaik. Tips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Kold wrote: »
    Damn, stupid defence for doing super sh*t.

---Stekelenberg 2

Maicon 10 Fucile 4 Perreira 5 Dimichelis 4

Ozil 6 Shneijder(c) 26 Dos Santos 5

Messi 8 Forlan 9 Fabiano 9

Subs left: Vera (mf) Honda (mf) David Villa

I'm wondering whether to bring in Vera and Honda for Dimichelis and Dos Santos and am considering rolling the dice by putting Villa in for Messi. I mean he'd need to get more than a goal for it to pay off but he does look in great form. At the same time he's playing against Portugal who haven't conceded afaik. Tips?

Same situation as with you concerning Messi. As you said Villa would need to score more then 1 to make it worthwhile. I'm on 96 points myself so i'm happy enough to let others sweat it, but if your chasing, you could take a chance on Villa. I think it'll be a very close game though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

For the second goal? they have been added for me

Still only one assist for me. i actually didnt think he had two assists???!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Splainc wrote: »
    Still only one assist for me. i actually didnt think he had two assists???!!

Nah he didnt, I was just moaning coz he assisted in c. 40th minute, and still didn't have the points in the 60th. I thought they hadn't given it to him, but the points came up almost immediately after my post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

consultech wrote: »
    Nah he didnt, I was just moaning coz he assisted in c. 40th minute, and still didn't have the points in the 60th. I thought they hadn't given it to him, but the points came up almost immediately after my post.

Yeah he just had one assist it was for the second goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Too lazy to read back,whats the story with points in ET?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Gillington wrote: »
    Too lazy to read back,whats the story with points in ET?

Same as during normal time. If it goes to penos, they wont count for points though.

Starting to regret not putting the Japanese goalkeeper in my team but I did manage to add a Japanese defender with one minute to spare.

I have 4 Japanese players in total, and had 3 Americans, so if Japan go out my squad will be down to the bare bones.

Hang in there Japan!

Will we get points for these penos?? if so Vela you better be taking one

• Advertisement

No there's no pts for the shoot-out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Sweet. Clean sheet for Kawashima.

I'm in big trouble for the next round with several players eliminated. Hopefully captain Villa comes good for me later.

Bit of a mixed bag today, Kawashima done great, but my decision to put the captaincy on Honda was a disaster! Also decided against bringing in Morel for van der Wiel which cost me a further 4 points.

Hoping for a Portugal 1-0 later, which will leave others in trouble with numbers for the next round. I have 14 through, 15 if Portugal win, might hold one or two transfers back until the semi-finals.

12 points for Kawashima:D

105 points now with Iniesta to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

So whats the story, do you get another full whack of free subs for the quarter finals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

roryc wrote: »
    So whats the story, do you get another full whack of free subs for the quarter finals?

4 I think.

roryc wrote: »

Nope.. 4 transfers per round from now on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

110 points in that round and up to 23rd in the boards league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

101 for me in this round and up to about 70th after been 250th after round one when i hadnt a clue what to do..dam my bad start :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

105 for me, happy with that, could have been 3 points better if I didn't bring in Honda.

Had a shocker of a round because i picked my squad for the round in about 5 mins down to 4th with 89pts that round:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Finished with 95 points, should have changed captaincy to Villa but I wanted to stay safe and left it with Higuain.

76th on Boards for the moment anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

102 points that round and up to 7th in the Boards league

107 pts. Captain Villa does the business again. Could have been 9 pts better off with some better judgement but I'm pleased with that return. In the top ten of the Boards league now.

Lost a lot that round though. Three defenders, four midfielders, and all three goalkeepers. :pac:

Least I have all my strikers. Will be busy with transfers that's for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Invincible

103 pts,pity kept Ozil as captain,Sneider or Villa would've been nice,up to 40th:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

103pts which you have got to be happy about. Joint 1st on Boards and looking forward to the qtr-finals. :D:D

Any idea who's going to take Elano's place in the Brazil team seeing that Ramires is suspended?

Degag wrote: »
    Any idea who's going to take Elano's place in the Brazil team seeing that Ramires is suspended?

I'd say they will have a midfield 3 of Gilberto, Dani Alves and Melo/Kleberson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Jasus this thread has gotten very quiet lads! Surprising seeing as this round of selections is make or break really.

Lets just say I'm hoping for a strong Uruguay performance tonight! 6 players. 2 from Brazil and 2 from Holland and that's my lot for today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Fizman wrote: »
    Lets just say I'm hoping for a strong Uruguay performance tonight! 6 players. 2 from Brazil and 2 from Holland and that's my lot for today.
    I'm in a pretty similar situation, 6 from Uruguay, 3 from Holland and 2 from Brasil, so if it goes wrong for me i could lose 9 players today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

It's quiet coz most people are past the point of catching their league leaders and have given up!!! Not me, I'm a defiant 6th of 19. I have a secret weapon though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Well joint first(technically second but on the same number of points as the leader) in the Boards league at the moment so getting a bit nervous now.

4 Brazilians and 5 Uruguyans in action today so come on the South Americans.

Surely that was Sneijders goal??

Surely that was Sneijders goal??

Or at least an assist...

There are no assists for OGs afaik.

mars bar wrote: »
    Or at least an assist...

i got nothing for it so far, just the 3pts for the 65 mins played, they must be treating it as an o.g

that would piss ya off though

waahhaay at least he has one now for definite, 2 goals for me in this game now :)

Degag wrote: »
    There are no assists for OGs afaik.

I know, didn't think it was an own goal at first!

Oh well, he just got a goal so that's not too bad!

Thank funk.... was going to bring Melo in....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Brilliant was going to the shop before the match and only then remembered about my fecking team. Can still field a team but I'll have to leave it alone so that Sneijder is substituted in. Hope to God Forlán knocks in a hat-trick tonight

• Advertisement
Advertisement