Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Fantasy Football (OP updated with leagues)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Degag wrote: »
    There are no assists for OGs afaik.

Such a bullsh*t rule really though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

What are the rules regarding the attacking bonus rule. Tonight Forlán took every free kick and corner for Uruguay and crossed a few times too meaning he put the ball in the box more than 10 times but he still got only one point. Compare that to Ronaldo's 7 that he got against Korea when I felt he hardly did too much only coming alive in the second half. Strange system altogether

KP Boateng got 3 points and so did Fucile :/ 2 of them pretty much ran the show tonight. Add that to the lack of points for Sneijder for the assisted OG and I'm feeling very hard done by in this game. 2nd in 4 leagues :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I think the scoring is pretty low all round. After making my changes (captaincy off Forlan and taking out Maicon and Cesar), I've been left with 20 points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Had an awful day today, two players didn't play and had Suarez as captain and ended with a total of 35 points from 11 players, ended up taking out 7 players and dropping 15 points so hoping for a better day tomorrow.

I have Forlan as capt but have Casillas, Dimichelis, Ozil, Vera, Messi and Villa to play. Wonder is it worth changing captaincy to Messi/Villa?

Messi is due a hattrick surely?

dor83 wrote: »
    Had an awful day today, two players didn't play and had Suarez as captain and ended with a total of 35 points from 11 players, ended up taking out 7 players and dropping 15 points so hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Ah that sucks. You can't change Suarez from captain either coz he got sent off can ya? I had Ayew and A. Perreira and neither of them played...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

mars bar wrote: »
    Ah that sucks. You can't change Suarez from captain either coz he got sent off can ya? I had Ayew and A. Perreira and neither of them played...

Oh jesus you're right! :( Shocker of a round. 39 from 10 players. Some changes needed.

Yeah captaincy can't be changed coz he go sent off, also had both of them and Mathijsen who didn't play, I was lucky though coz I have 6 Uruguay players so would have been screwed if they went out.

• Advertisement

After subs, 35 from 4 players. Not the worst I'd wager. Still wondering about captaincy though. Settling on 18 would be the lowest I've gotten from a captain and Villa has paid out last few gambles. He's really on flying form and Portugal's defence were somewhat better than Paraguay's.

dor83 wrote: »
    Yeah captaincy can't be changed coz he go sent off, also had both of them and Mathijsen who didn't play, I was lucky though coz I have 6 Uruguay players so would have been screwed if they went out.

:eek: You were playing it dangerous with 6 Uruguayans!
    I have 3 on my team, trying to spread it out a bit...

:eek: You were playing it dangerous with 6 Uruguayans!
    I have 3 on my team, trying to spread it out a bit...
    Yeah I expected Uruguay to beat Ghana without much effort.....how wrong was I. I already have 9 players out of the next round, including Fucile and Suarez suspended, and will lose at least 3 more tomorrow so really was relying on Uruguay getting through.

Do we get points for the 3rd place play-off? If we do we don't have to worry about players getting knocked out after tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

48 pts so far. Big dillemma for me as I have Forlan as captain but I've Messi, Higuain and Villa on the bench. Don't know whether to gamble or not. Villa was good for me twice previously but three times might be pushing it. Messi might be due a goal too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Melo and Suarez in my team = Oof:(

Means that I have to choose one between Messi and Villa if I want to leave my captain of Forlan(18) in. :(

Said before that I felt the rule about not subbing sent-off players off was unfair [they've already picked up c.rap scores] but I definately feel it now.

Really need a Spanish clean sheet tomorrow with 4 Spainards in my team (beside Villa) and if Ozil and Messi coould do the business that would be superb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I forgot to change my team before the deaadline earler, devastated....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Horrible. Had Suarez captain and Messi, Higuain and Villa to bring in tomorrow. Have to choose 2 of those three now as i have to leave Suarez in. Villa and Messi being the choices.

Ah well lads, it'd be no good if it was too easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Nightmare round with Mathijsen and Ayew not playing and Suarez as captain(second time my captain has got sent off) :(. Down to 26 points after making changes. Need a huge haul from 6 lads and a spanish clean sheet would help!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Yeah that all but ended my challenge! Suarez as captain, stuck on 4 points as captain with messi, villa on bench. I've loaded my team with spaniards, 4 defenders as a last ditch.

Sneijder has been credited for the first goal against Brazil. I wonder will we see those points added on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Hmmm, stick with Muslera or go with Casillas? That would be a double up on the Spanish at the back.....

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Subbed in Villa(C) and Xavi for Fabiano(C) and Bastos.

Dropped from 8th to 12th after yesterday's games.

I decided to stick with Forlan as captain. Didn't feel it was worth the risk taking it off him. Might end up regretting that later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Hmmm, stick with Muslera or go with Casillas? That would be a double up on the Spanish at the back.....

Whoops, doesn't matter now, I missed the deadline by 1 minute. Probably cost myself 5 points :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Sneijder has been credited for the first goal against Brazil. I wonder will we see those points added on?

Be rather stupid if they did.Some people might have transferred Sneijder out or taken the captaincy off of him.Similar with Robben who would have had the assist, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I decided to stick with Forlan as captain. Didn't feel it was worth the risk taking it off him. Might end up regretting that later!

I took it off him and gave it to Villa. Suarez red means I had to leave Tevez and Higuain on the bench :rolleyes:

If Spain win then my 4 subs will get me a starting 11. Are the semis on seperate days?

Kold wrote: »
    If Spain win then my 4 subs will get me a starting 11. Are the semis on seperate days?

Yep tuesday and wednesday night!

Wonder will points hits be worth the trouble :/

Gone all quiet in here. Are people losing interest? I'm not - 89 pts. :)
    Chuffed with that. In the top 5 of the Boards league.

Casillas and Villa were great for me tonight.

Have to make plenty of transfers though as I've only 9 players eligible to feature in the semi-finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Did crap:( Had to leave Poldolski on bench due to Suarez.

Then changed around most of my team with Subs etc etc

Got 67 and that was due to Villa mainly as he got 20 for captain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Gone all quiet in here. Are people losing interest? I'm not - 89 pts. :)
    Chuffed with that. In the top 5 of the Boards league.

Casillas and Villa were great for me tonight.

Have to make plenty of transfers though as I've only 9 players eligible to feature in the semi-finals.

I haven't lost interest.......... 89 pts is a good score this round...... Well done :)

The fact that I forgot to bring in transfers and change my team saw me only hit 67 (my lowest so far) and drop from 7th to 24th :(

Frisbee wrote: »
    The fact that I forgot to bring in transfers and change my team saw me only hit 67 (my lowest so far) and drop from 7th to 24th :(

And I capitalised in our head2head. :D You're 1 pt above me now.

I got 93 points! Up to 2nd in the FID league and am 46th on Boards. I never do well with these things so I'm delighted to be holding out quite well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

94 points this round, happy enough, up to 5th in the head to head league and 47th in the classic league

The Spanish boys rescued me big style after the Melo/Suarez disaster Friday.

Managed to hang on to joint second in the boards league which I was kinda surprised after Friday's disaster.

I reckon that there won't be that much of a change in overall positions in the last two rounds [hard to make much progess when nearly every sqaud will be pretty similar]

The guy who is first overall is on 543 twenty points clear of second place which is pretty ridiculous going.

Have to say a big fan of the interface/website for this.
    Very easy to use.

Have to say a big fan of the interface/website for this.
    Very easy to use.

Me too. Although there are one or two things that are weird about the way the points are distributed, I like the subs and captaincy features. I like the way you can keep pushing the captaincy until your luck runs out! :pac:

I've enjoyed it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Howdy all,I'm presuming that the 3rd/4th place playoff game counts for points?

• Advertisement

Gillington wrote: »

Didn't even think of that game but it seems it does count.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

Gillington wrote: »

usually a goal fest too as neither team gives a **** about losing and go for it 100%

Splainc wrote: »
    usually a goal fest too as neither team gives a **** about losing and go for it 100%

Yeah the 2002 one between Korea and Turkey was a dinger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

There is a big danger that teams will use some fringe players though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Degag wrote: »
    There is a big danger that teams will use some fringe players though.

Thats what I was thinking

Agh Van Persie or Robben as captain?? Whats everyone think??

• Advertisement

5 Dutchies and 3 Uruguayans so will be watching this one with even more interest.

Gone with captain Sneijder so a hat-trick from him would be nice.

Feel Uruguay will struggle

hitman79 wrote: »
    Agh Van Persie or Robben as captain?? Whats everyone think??

Don't have either but I would go for Robben as I think he has shown slightly more form than RVP so far. However RvP will be playing up-front.

Would have to transfer Robben is as i forget to when making my 4 transfers!! Think i'll leave Van Persie in but will be raging if Robben does well. Have 5 dutch and 2 uragauyans myself so will be watchin with intrest!!

hitman79 wrote: »
    Would have to transfer Robben is as i forget to when making my 4 transfers!! Think i'll leave Van Persie in but will be raging if Robben does well. Have 5 dutch and 2 uragauyans myself so will be watchin with intrest!!

I also have the 2 Uruguayans who are suspended - Suarez and Facile - didnt bother getting rid of them because they will be back in the next round (either final or 3rd/4th playoff) could have had 10 players featuring in this game if it weren't for the suspensions :eek:

I also have the 2 Uruguayans who are suspended - Suarez and Facile - didnt bother getting rid of them because they will be back in the next round (either final or 3rd/4th playoff) could have had 10 players featuring in this game if it weren't for the suspensions :eek:

Have Suarez myself and Fernandez is isnt playing either!! Need a good 2 nights to win my mini league!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement