Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Fantasy Football (OP updated with leagues)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I took a big risk and brought in 3 Dutch defenders. I also have Sneijder and Van Persie (c) playing so I've a lot riding on this game. If it all goes pear-shaped for Holland then it all goes pear-shaped for me too. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

I took a big risk and brought in 3 Dutch defenders. I also have Sneijder and Van Persie (c) playing so I've a lot riding on this game. If it all goes pear-shaped for Holland then it all goes pear-shaped for me too. :pac:

3 Dutch defenders not crazy at all (bought in 2 myself :p) when you consider the potency of the Uruguayan attack (only Forlan) compared to attacking options available to the Dutch, Spanish and Germans teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

team_semi.jpg

Ideally would have liked to have 2 Germans & 2 Dutch in defense, not the other way around.

May regret leaving out Klose, but Robben usually does it in the bigger games, and didn't want 3 strikers on the bench for tomorrow. If Forlan performs, sods law would ensure i left the top scoring one on the bench.

It's funny, I actually had this feeling I should stick the captaincy on Van Bronckhorst but I ignored it and decided to go with Van Persie. D'oh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I hope Sneijder scores a brace...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Have Forlan as my captain, so far so good

Wish I had the testicles to put captaincy on Forlan. Thought Sneijder got the assist for the Dutch goal? Hard to tell..... they all have shaved heads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Those who have Sneijder beware... i've had two captains sent off so far and he's on a yellow....:(:rolleyes:

Degag wrote: »
    Those who have Sneijder beware... i've had two captains sent off so far and he's on a yellow....:(:rolleyes:

angry-kid.jpg

Oh and he scores!! G'man Wesley!

Aww I thought Van Persie had that goal. :(

• Advertisement

Robben and Sneijder score 2 in 2 mins. Nice one lads. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Robben, van Bronckhorst and Sneijder (C) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

van Persie has an assist????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Pereira,Sneijder,Kuyt,Robben(C) :D

I had Maxi Pereira, Forlan and Van Bronckhorst. Sneijder did well too. Only 14 pts from my captain Van Persie though. Might have to turn to Villa once again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Pereira, Sneijder, van Persie and Forlan(C). Have Klose and Villa to play and can't decide who to put in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Got 51 points from 7 players. Still got Ozil, Schweinstiger, Lahm, Puyol,Alonso, Capdevilla, Villa and Podolski to bring in!! Headaches galore :D

dor83 wrote: »
    Pereira, Sneijder, van Persie and Forlan(C). Have Klose and Villa to play and can't decide who to put in.

Similiar problem (albeit a nice one). Forlan & Robben up front... Villa or Podolski to play.... any thoughts?

That worked out pretty nicely for me. 61 points out of that game. 8 to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Similiar problem (albeit a nice one). Forlan & Robben up front... Villa or Podolski to play.... any thoughts?

That worked out pretty nicely for me. 61 points out of that game. 8 to play.

Who did you have?

• Advertisement

Sneijder 11 *(C) => 22
    van Bronckhorst 8
    Pereira 8
    Forlan 8
    Kuyt 7

Total of 53 from these 5 :D

Have Casillas, Puyol, Ramos, Ozil, Xavi, Villa, Klose, Khedira and Trochowski on the bench so decision time.

Leaning towards bringing in the following players
    Casillas, Ramos, Xavi, Ozil, Villa, Khedira,
    Probably leave Sneijder as capt.
    Mulling over whether to bring in Klose for Kuyt which is a bit of a tricky one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Perreira 8
    Sneijder 11
    Forlan 8
    Robben (c) 26

to play: Casillas, Pique, Capdevilla, Iniesta, Ozil, Schweinsteiger, Villa

53 from 4 players

my face: retard-spastic.gif

titan18 wrote: »
    Who did you have?

team_semi_after.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Just made my changes for tonight.

Had 62 yesterday but took out 5 players so I'm left with 8 playing tonight (5 Germans + 3 Spanish). 45 points from 3 players so far ain't bad. Decided to pull off RVP even though he got a respectable 7, but with Robben (c) there, as well as Villa and Klose on the bench I felt I had to go for it. Theres only a few points between me and another lad at the top of a private league. 19th in the boards WC one.

Following subs to be made today:

Victorino -> Ramos/Pique
    Pereira -> Schweinsteigr/Iniesta
    RVP -> Villa
    Forlan -> Klose

Not sure if it's worth it to take out RVP and Forlan and hope Villa and Klose do better, will also be leaving the captaincy on Sneijder.

Also I only have room for for three of Ozil/Schweinsteiger/Iniest/Xavi. Tough choice....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Good point re forlan.
    Should i take him out for podolski??? tough one!!

• Advertisement

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Good point re forlan.
    Should i take him out for podolski??? tough one!!

Same problem. I'll probably leave Forlan in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Frisbee wrote: »
    Also I only have room for for three of Ozil/Schweinsteiger/Iniest/Xavi. Tough choice....

Have the exact same situation as this. Currently have Sweinsteiger on the bench.

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Same problem. I'll probably leave Forlan in.

In a similar position - the thing is there were 5 goals in last nights game; hard to see there being a similar number again tonight.

Have to bring in one out of Lahm, Puyol or Capdevilla? Im thinking Lahm :confused: This game is ruining the world cup for me!!

hitman79 wrote: »
    Have to bring in one out of Lahm, Puyol or Capdevilla? Im thinking Lahm :confused: This game is ruining the world cup for me!!

I'd go Lahm - much more likely to get forward and pick up an assist; maybe even a goal.

• Advertisement

In a similar position - the thing is there were 5 goals in last nights game; hard to see there being a similar number again tonight.

8 points is nothing to be sniffed at. Podolski is capable for getting 10 or more, but my private league is so tight, its not worth the risk. Winning it by 5 points (before changes).

I'm putting in David Villa, (to go with Robben & Forlan). Leaving Podolski on the bench, hoping for the best.

Changes:
    Muslera (4) -> Casillas
    Heitinga (2) -> Capdevilla
    A. Periera (4) -> Iniesta

Transferring in my Spanish armada to go with David Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd go Lahm - much more likely to get forward and pick up an assist; maybe even a goal.
    I think he will have his hands full tonight watching Villa. I think Capedevilla is his best option.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think he will have his hands full tonight watching Villa. I think Capedevilla is his best option.

But with Torres not playing i think Villa will be up front more than on the left wing?

Iniesta or Xavi?

Iniesta or Xavi?

Flip a coin me thinks :D

I've gone with Iniesta so everyone captain Xavi as he's going to score a few now.

Iniesta or Xavi?
    That is a tough one.

Iniesta or Xavi?

I'd go Xavi myself - just hate Iniesta on the "right"

I've gone with Iniesta so everyone captain Xavi as he's going to score a few now.

Awesome timing ;)

hitman79 wrote: »
    But with Torres not playing i think Villa will be up front more than on the left wing?
    Don't think so, Pedro will play a similar role to what Torres did.

• Advertisement

Awesome timing ;)

Haha, now I'm changing my mind.

Stupid game...

I've left out all spainish defenders in the hope they concede a few so i can make up ground in my private league but still want Spain to win cus i backed them to win it! So a 3-2 spain win would be ideal, A Villa hatrick, Ozil and Poldolski with the german goals!! Please make it happen!!

Gone for Casillas, Ramos, Xavi, Ozil, Villa, and Trochowski

Left Klose, Khedira and Puyol on the bench so don't want them to do anything.

Part of the reason for leaving Klose out was having Casillas in goal and Ramos as defender. Wouldn't be too displeased if Germany didnt score

Left Scneijder as captain on 22 points as too much of a gamble to switch it imo

Hat-trick for Trochowski would be awesome as only 3.7% have him.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Don't think so, Pedro will play a similar role to what Torres did.

I'd say Pedro will be out left where Villa had been playing and Villa will play up-front

30 points from 6 players tonight..well and truely over for me tonight!!!

Casillas 12
    Ramos 9
    Xavi 9
    Ozil 4
    Trochowski 5
    Villa 5

44 points from 6

plus 53 from 5 yesterday to take my score to 97 for this round :)

Pleased with that....only slight negative was going with Ramos ahead of Puyol which cost me 4 points.

Reckon that should move me in an upward direction.

Took a risk and replaced RVP/Forlan with Villa/Klose and it backfired.

I put in Podolski for Kuyt which was a bad move but still ended up on 102 and I'm happy with that.

Finished with 75 but I have so many Germans to get rid off...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Finished with 86 and up to 22nd in Boards league. More importantly I'm 5 points clear in the private one!
    mars bar wrote: »
    Finished with 75 but I have so many Germans to get rid off...

Why? They will be playing in the 3rd place playoff and are still worth quite a few points imo.

Advertisement