Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Fantasy Football (OP updated with leagues)

1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Fizman wrote: »

Why? They will be playing in the 3rd place playoff and are still worth quite a few points imo.

Of yeah, forgot about that. Thank you! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

84 pts. I'm still in the Boards top ten but I'm a good bit off the pace going into the last round.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

532 ro altogether. Happy enough 96 this round. Im 11 behind in private league (mainly due to god damn Suarez!) It's not gonna be easy to peg that back I think. Hopefully I'll get a good captain choice as he'll prob go for Villa

Who is SimonDav on the FID league?

You and me are battling it out in the final!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

102 points. Now 9th in the Boards league and in the 4chan league. 1st in a few of my mates ones. Didn't do too well in the head2heads, there's one final between me n Frisbee though.

Epic finish in sight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

10 players in action tonight

6 Uruguyans - Suarez, Forlan, Rios, Fucile, Pereira, Musulera
    4 Germans - Ozil, Muller, Agogo, Khedira

Went with Suarez as captain.

Germany have screwed me over! :(

Have Neuer, Podolski and Lahm, none of which are playing. At least Ozil is playing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Neuer benched and I captained Podolski :(

Think I've 9 in action tonight.

4 Uruguayans - M. Pereira, Fucile, A. Rios, Forlan
    5 Germans - Ozil, Schweinsteiger, Muller, Cacau, Butt

I brought in Schweinsteiger, Muller, Cacau and Butt as my transfers and stuck the captaincy on Cacau. Hoping for a German win tonight.

mars bar wrote: »
    Germany have screwed me over! :(

Have Neuer, Podolski and Lahm, none of which are playing. At least Ozil is playing...
    Frisbee wrote: »

<Nelson Haha>......should have made transfers after the team was announced. Rookie error.:p ;)

• Advertisement

I captained Forlan so here's hoping this goes into the 'net!

Frisbee wrote: »

Sorry meant to say I captained Klose. Don't even have Podolski in my squad :o

I hate that bittersweet feeling of one of your guys scoring, yet you had talked yourself out of sticking the captaincy on him. Oh Muller. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Good lad Forlan, have him as captain, hes some player:)

Good man yerself Diego!

Suarez (c) 16
    Forlan 9
    Muller 9
    Khedira 8
    Rios 6

Ozil 4
    Fucile 3
    Pereira 2
    Muslera 3
    Agogo 1

Bringing in Casillas as keeper.
    I think I'll be leaving Villa and Kuyt on the bench.

Leaves me with 5 spots and the following options to choose between

Sneijder, Xavi, Alonso, Puyol, Ramos, Bronckhorst, Mathijsen

Have to have at least 3 defenders so bit of a puzzler as to what I'll go for.

Bollocks. I had Forlan, Muller and Cacau up front and I stuck the captaincy on Cacau who doesn't score. Was hoping to sort out my captaincy today rather than tomorrow.

Ended up with 49 so far. Will have to decide whether to replace Cacau with Villa or Van Persie.

Put captaincy on Forlan so got a return of 18 points. Should I leave it at that or hope on someone tomorrow? Then who do you chose, Villa or Sneijder?

I can only field 10 players. :rolleyes:

Casillas

Pique
    van Bronckhorst
    Ramos

Iniesta
    Xavi
    Schweinsteiger
    Sneijder

Forlan
    Villa (C)
    Robben/RVP

Really torn between whether I should put in Robben or RVP...

Hm, Mueller and Forlan both got me 9... I have Villa and Robben to play. Thinking of putting both on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

I'm two points clear in my private league. Had Suarez and Forlan - 8 and nine points repectively. Have Villa and Robben to bring in. Would i be mad to leave Robben on the bench?

Also have Butt on 5 points which isn't too bad, should i bring Casillas in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Managed to blow a 21 point lead, as Podolski (C) didn't play, and Muller (opponents Capt) and Suarez scored well. Its all or nothing now for tonight.

Who to Capt...Wesley Sneijder, David Villa or Arjen Robben? :confused:

I've three Dutch defenders yet I'm leaning towards a Spain win. What to do? :pac:

Might just gamble like mad since it's the last game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I can't transfer for some reason:/

I can't transfer for some reason:/

Transfer or sub?

Casillas
    Van Bronckhorst
    Mathijsen
    Ramos
    Sneijder
    Xavi

In second place in the boards league one point behind the leader before I made my subs.

Villa, Kuyt and Alonso all on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Looks like we have a winner. Congrats!

I came in at a mildly respectable 23rd. Broke the 600 point mark at least.

Looks like I ended up in 6th place in the Boards league. Second in the Head 2 Head league. Pleased enough with that result. Appears I also lost in that 3rd/4th place World Cup mode thingy. :pac:

Enjoyed the FF overall. It helped make a rather disappointing World Cup more bearable for me.

Gah ! second place in the boards league by a point - just didn't have enough luck to get to top of the table. :o

Congrats to the winner.:D

A very respectable 1,499 out of over 900,000 in the world so overall a very decent performance and 53rd in Ireland :p

Won the boards head-to-head, so at least there's that.

• Advertisement

Guy who won it overall was on 739 exactly 100 points ahead of me - that's fairly phenomenal scoring. Managed a blistering 98 this round :eek:

Won the boards head-to-head, so at least there's that.

Just about. :rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Invincible

Enjoyed the gambling aspect of the game,stick with what you have or take a chance on the player to come in.
    Came 7th in head to head and 30th in league.
    Roll on the Premier league.

Just about. :rolleyes:;)

Well I lost the league by a point so I'm not going to be denied that :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Devia wrote: »
    Looks like we have a winner. Congrats!
    Gah ! second place in the boards league by a point - just didn't have enough luck to get to top of the table. :o

Congrats to the winner.:D
    Cheers. That was me who won it.

I know it's a bit annoying when the person who wins something like this isn't a regular poster, so sorry about that. But I am a regular lurker!

Crumbs wrote: »
    Cheers. That was me who won it.

I know it's a bit annoying when the person who wins something like this isn't a regular poster, so sorry about that. But I am a regular lurker!

Die Screaming ....nah well done:p;)

Don't think it matters all that much if you lurk here tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Finished 13th and happy with that. This is my second ever fantasy football competition after doing the Premier League last season for the first time.

I never had Forlan at any stage, I think if I had him I would have been close to winning it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

eagle eye wrote: »
    Finished 13th and happy with that. This is my second ever fantasy football competition after doing the Premier League last season for the first time.

I never had Forlan at any stage, I think if I had him I would have been close to winning it.

If me aunt had balls she'd be me uncle. If i had of stuck the captaincy on Villa for the whole tournament I would of won it :)

Finished a bit lower down than I had hoped conisdering i was in the top 5 up to the semis.
    It was a good game of fantasy football, being able to change players and captains each game was really good.

If me aunt had balls she'd be me uncle.

No...then she would be a hermaphrodite.

Finished 12th overall in the boards league. Same as my finishing position in the boards fantasy premier league. At least I'm consistent :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

A respectable 24th overall for me. My first ever proper outing a FF game where I stuck with it throughout, so from that perspective I'm happy. Lost my private league by 2 points though! :(

I'm usually ridiculously terrible at these things but I'm happy with my 55th place in the Boards league.

The Football Identity League, I came 2nd and lost the head to head final by 3 points because I didn't have an extra forward to sub in for Podolski. I would have easily won it otherwise I'd say...

• Advertisement

11th in the end. Was 6th this morning :( Really shouldn't have taken Muller out for Robben and Villa, took captaincy off Forlan too, cost me over 15 points.

Lost interest in the quarters. I think I finished low thirties in boards.ie league.

Advertisement