Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Fantasy Football (OP updated with leagues)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

First post in the Soccer forum... I'm in "Eirepool" - best of luck everyone !:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Finally settled on this team:

wcffteam.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

At the start of each day (00:00 South African time) during the round, a substitution window opens. In this window you can:
    • Replace any player that wasn't sent off with one from your bench who is yet to play.
    • Change your captain, providing he wasn’t sent off, with someone whose team is yet to play.
    Thank fu*k. Have Guardado captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Final Team
    squadv.jpg

I'm not really sure how this is going to go at all, but sure we will see.

Khune the SA Keeper currently has 8 points including 6 for a clean sheet even though it says in the rules you must play 61 minutes before getting a clean sheet bonus.

Degag wrote: »
    Khune the SA Keeper currently has 8 points including 6 for a clean sheet even though it says in the rules you must play 61 minutes before getting a clean sheet bonus.

And now he's back to 0:confused:

Clean sheet bonus taken away and -2 for attacking bonus:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

Can we make changes before each match or before each day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

In fairness to them they have the points up pretty quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I think my final team looks pretty good although not too much depth..

116647.jpg

I don't understand the subbing too much, is it beneficial to have decent players who are playing earlier start the round (for example Ribery in my team) and if they have a howler, sub them? Or does that matter much at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

6 Points for Marquez so far :)

• Advertisement

Can we make changes before each match or before each day?

Like after the first match tomorrow will I be able to sub out a player or do I have to wait til Sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Kold wrote: »
    I don't understand the subbing too much, is it beneficial to have decent players who are playing earlier start the round (for example Ribery in my team) and if they have a howler, sub them? Or does that matter much at all?
    Yes, you want the players who are playing earlier in the round in your initial 11 for exactly that reason. So it's now too late to bring Ribery in unfortunately.

Like after the first match tomorrow will I be able to sub out a player or do I have to wait til Sunday?
    Substitution window opens at midnight South African time, and closes (I think) about 15 minutes before the first game of that day. So the first window opens tonight!

Edit: And I should have said, it opens every night, but not between matches.

I think my final team looks pretty good although not too much depth..

116647.jpg

You have two Brazilian Right Backs. Alves won't start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

That attacking bonus they have on the McDonalds game is a load of bollix in my opinion. Tshabalala had all but one of the points for his goal wiped out because he apparently gave the ball away 20 times or something stupid. I personally got only 1 point from Ribery and Forlan and between them they lost 5 points for this ridiculous attacking bonus shite. Makes for a joke of a system really.

Can see defenders and keepers being amongst the high scorers if todays action is to go by.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

That attacking bonus they have on the McDonalds game is a load of bollix in my opinion. Tshabalala had all but one of the points for his goal wiped out because he apparently gave the ball away 20 times or something stupid. I personally got only 1 point from Ribery and Forlan and between them they lost 5 points for this ridiculous attacking bonus shite. Makes for a joke of a system really.

Can see defenders and keepers being amongst the high scorers if todays action is to go by.

Yep. It's pretty crap especially as midfielders do not score points for successful passes so Xavi could make 85 passes in a game and get -1 for 5 incomplete passes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya,I'd agree with that.It seems to be pretty weighted to minus points.It'll be interested to see how it affects the better players in the next few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Evra, cleansheet, and he only gets 3.

Scoring system is crazy, he has -2 attacking bonus, so even if he gets an assist, he only get a net gain of +1. Gallas and Abidal who barely kicked a ball all night get way more points.

As someone said, Xavi could absolutely control the midfield all night, and could yet end up with minus attacking points.

Should have went with Gallas over Evra. Worried about the rest of my attack minded defenders now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Evra, cleansheet, and he only gets 3.

Scoring system is crazy, he has -2 attacking bonus, so even if he gets an assist, he only get a net gain of +1. Gallas and Abidal who barely kicked a ball all night get way more points.

As someone said, Xavi could absolutely control the midfield all night, and could yet end up with minus attacking points.

Should have went with Gallas over Evra. Worried about the rest of my attack minded defenders now.

It seems to have been updated now, Evra has 8 points now with a +2 attacking bonus, bizzarely Diaby has 7 points with a +3 attacking bonus!! The likes of Kaka and Sneijder could clean up so!!

• Advertisement

I'm confused now.Gourcuff was given 4 points but the breakdown is 1,3 and -3 for the attacking bonus.Similar with Suarez and Franco.

It gets worse, went to change captaincy and subs, and it said i was losing 3 points.That's not good

titan18 wrote: »
    I'm confused now.Gourcuff was given 4 points but the breakdown is 1,3 and -3 for the attacking bonus.Similar with Suarez and Franco

Gourcuff got 4, I think 3 for 60 minutes +1 for clean sheet. Suarez and Franco 3 points each for 60 minutes. I'm going by the scores on the page where you can click on the result and see what everyone in that match got. The scores on each players individual profile still seem off

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Gourcuff got 4, I think 3 for 60 minutes +1 for clean sheet. Suarez and Franco 3 points each for 60 minutes. I'm going by the scores on the page where you can click on the result and see what everyone in that match got. The scores on each players individual profile still seem off

Oh, ya, everything in my quoted post is ok now, just a few glitches in the game.It's all sorted now

How many times can you change the captaincy tomorrow? I have Rooney and Messi in my forward line alongside Forlan. I want to take the captaincy off Forlan now and put it on Messi. If I do so and Messi doesn't have a great game can I switch it to Rooney later or would I have to wait for another player on another day?

How many times can you change the captaincy tomorrow? I have Rooney and Messi in my forward line alongside Forlan. I want to take the captaincy off Forlan now and put it on Messi. If I do so and Messi doesn't have a great game can I switch it to Rooney later or would I have to wait for another player on another day?

You can't make any changes during a matchday. The substitution window for tomorrow closes 15 minutes before the first game until 11 tomorrow night. You can put the captaincy on either Rooney or Messi, if that choice doesn't deliver then you can switch it to a German for the following day. I think anyway :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Currently 6th in the boards league! 146th in Ireland. :p

• Advertisement

It seems to have been updated now, Evra has 8 points now with a +2 attacking bonus, bizzarely Diaby has 7 points with a +3 attacking bonus!! The likes of Kaka and Sneijder could clean up so!!

Mad stuff....

He had negative points all over the shop up, and throughout the whole game too. Now there are no negative "bonuses" at all, when nearly every player had them. Maybe they updated at 12am South African time?

This. is. mental.

Is it just me, or have they actually changed the RULES after the fecking game has started???

Is it just me, or have they actually changed the RULES after the fecking game has started???

Ya, they've got rid of the negative bonus points it seems for attacking and defense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Anyone know the story if i change captain will the player who had the captaincey get deducted half the points or will he stay with the same? bear in mind im leaving him in the team.

They bloody have you know....no negative points now at all.

Making the rules up as they go along......Sepp, is that you?

• Advertisement

Anyone know the story if i change captain will the player who had the captaincey get deducted half the points or will he stay with the same? bear in mind im leaving him in the team.
    Depends on whether or not the game gives you captain points straight away and changes them as you change your team, or whether they wait til the end of the round to allocate them (my captain hasn't played yet, so I don't know).

Either way, your former captain will get the same points he would have if you had never made him captain (once you move the captaincy).

Rooney10 wrote: »
    They bloody have you know....no negative points now at all.

Making the rules up as they go along......Sepp, is that you?
    Yeah, I get the feeling Ronald isn't the only clown involved in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I went with all fullbacks in the end, wasn't sure whether to go with good centrebacks from weaker sides or expensive fullbacks but went for them in the end as you can see. I'm happy now as Evra even with a yellow got me 8 points. See how it plays out for the rest of the round. And yes I left Ribery and Sneijder on the bench.:)

wcff2010.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Whats this about? Have they taken out all the minuses? FFS how do they decide to do that after its started?

46th in Ireland! woop!

Gillington wrote: »
    The attacking bonus point system looks particularly puzzling. According to the rules players will earn a point for every two balls they deliver into the penalty area. It’s then stated that this can be via “Player making run, Player passing, Player receiving, Cross”. Crystal clear? Not quite. Add the fact that points are also lost for every five “balls given away” and things get even more cloudy. Apparently this is calculated from the “sum of wrong passes (except wrong clearances) and losing possession tackles suffered”. Right.
    Try explaining that as you round up numbers for your league in the office. Follow it up with the fact that there are defending bonus points which score bonus for recovering a ball, balanced out by lost points for every three fouls committed.

It seems as if they have got rid of the negative points bolded above alright

It seems as if they have got rid of the negative points bolded above alright
    Hmmm. Maybe they didn't realise just how easy it is to give away a pass with that feckin Jubilani ball :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

.... I'm Ok with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

Who should I make captain for tomorrow rooney or messi, its a tough choice?

.... I'm Ok with this.

+1

It doesn't affect anyone and if it makes for a better game.....

• Advertisement

Degag wrote: »
    +1

It doesn't affect anyone and if it makes for a better game.....

Agree with this. It still all seems a bit unnecessary but at least it's pretty reasonable now!

Who should I make captain for tomorrow rooney or messi, its a tough choice?

My dilemma too. I'm leaning towards Rooney at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

My dilemma too. I'm leaning towards Rooney at the minute.

im actually leaning towards messi because nigeria are worse than the usa and england are worse than argentina but the thing thats stopping me is that messi doesnt do it for argentina like he does for barca,still have villa and van persie to change to later if neither of these do it

im actually leaning towards messi because nigeria are worse than the usa and england are worse than argentina but the thing thats stopping me is that messi doesnt do it for argentina like he does for barca,still have villa and van persie to change to later if neither of these do it

The Maradona factor is what worries me about Messi. Have those two players in reserve as well actually. :cool:

Happy at the rule changes. It makes for a much better game.

Just changed my captain to be Rooney, really tough game vs the USA, but he should be key to whatever England do. I have Messi too, but a bit worried about the Maradona factor also. It could turn out that Higuain, Tevez, Aguero or Milito bags all the points in the box...what a selection of players. Less worried about Heskeys/Crouchs ability to potentially take Rooneys points.

Although, I guess I'm free to make any last minute change of heart, as I've already dropped the extra 4 points Gourcuff had given me. I will probably stick with Rooney as I always have Lahm, Buffon/Sneidjer/RVP, Kaka/Maicon, Villa to take a punt on afterwards if Rooney doesn't work out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So you can change your captain as much as you want during play? i musta missed that rule. Does that mean i can pick Messi or Rooney today as i have both then replace em with Sneijder or Buffon tommorow if they dont do the buisiness before finally changing once more to Kaka, Villa or Xavi for the final round of inital games if none of the above are worth getting double points from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

I had Rooney on my bench for some reason,with RVP starting,now if I swap them this morning does it matter? I mean neither have played yet,so if Rooney gets 2 points and I think RVP will do better can I still swap them back even tho theyve been swapped once already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

So you can change your captain as much as you want during play? i musta missed that rule. Does that mean i can pick Messi or Rooney today as i have both then replace em with Sneijder or Buffon tommorow if they dont do the buisiness before finally changing once more to Kaka, Villa or Xavi for the final round of inital games if none of the above are worth getting double points from?
    Gillington wrote: »
    I had Rooney on my bench for some reason,with RVP starting,now if I swap them this morning does it matter? I mean neither have played yet,so if Rooney gets 2 points and I think RVP will do better can I still swap them back even tho theyve been swapped once already?

Yup, afaik both of you are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Anyone know if I can make substitutions now and the player will score points in this round of games or do I have to wait till the net round starts ? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Am i allowed one free transfer per day or is it one free transfer for the first batch of games? And is it 3 points deducted for every transfer i make??

Advertisement