Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Fantasy Football (OP updated with leagues)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Glad they changed the rules - have Evra and was a joke how poorly he scored compared to Abidal and Sagna when you look at the games they had.

Did anyone's captain seem to jump player unexpectedly?
    I had it set to Rooney - (Didn't know you could switch it between players) but it jumped to Chung Yong from South Korea. Only just noticed it - would not have been pleased if Rooney scored a hat-trick tonight :)

At the moment it looks like forwards arent worth that much because there was two teams with clean sheets with one defender scoring and one midfielder scoring with two midfielders providing assists while no forward has scored or got an assist yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

To those asking: If you have a player on your bench that is playing today: You cannot now bring him in.

However, if you have three players in your first eleven for example playing today: You can swap them out tomorrow or thereafter for any other player who has not played in the gameweek

The same goes for the captain. If you make Messi captain today and are not happy with his score, you can change the captaincy to Villa, Kaka, De Rossi etc. - ie. any player yet to play in this gameweek. However thereafter, you cannot put the captaincy back on Messi.

Hope this helps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

Is it just me, or have they actually changed the RULES after the fecking game has started???

yep. ridiculous but for the best

Forwards need to start getting their attack together - 2 goals in the Korea game and no goal or assist points from the forwards.

Happy with Chung Yong's six points

Just looking at the stats there 57% of the teams Messi :eek:

I think a lot of the game could be stick or twist when the final games in round are up and whether to gamble on points already scored versus big names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I would just like to say, I am top of the boards league and am 1599th in the World.:D Oh, I'm also 22 in Ireland.

I know it is early days yet but I know that I will never again get near the top of the table for the rest of the tournament so I'm bragging while I can! :cool:

/arsehole

• Advertisement

Feck it forget about forwards lads another defender scores with a midfielder assist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ji Sung Park got me 9 points! :D

I changed my captaincy to Rooney but it has gone back to De Rossi. Is there a bug in the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

mars bar wrote: »
    I changed my captaincy to Rooney but it has gone back to De Rossi. Is there a bug in the game?
    I'd guess you can only change captaincy from someone who has played to someone who hasn't, same as substitutions?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

I'd guess you can only change captaincy from someone who has played to someone who hasn't, same as substitutions?

yep and you cant make changes since 12.15 today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Choice to make with Messi now. Remove captaincy from him and give it to Xavi/RVP/Sneijder/Villa or leave it there.More than likely a few people have a similar choice.

• Advertisement

titan18 wrote: »
    Choice to make with Messi now. Remove captaincy from him and give it to Xavi/RVP/Sneijder/Villa or leave it there.More than likely a few people have a similar choice.
    Yep, I've already (hastily perhaps) decided that I'm going to gamble. So I'll give the armband to Lahm or Ozil tomorrow, Sneijder on Monday, Kaka on Tuesday and Villa on Wednesday, stopping whenever I reckon I've got an amount I want to stick with (or rather, don't want to lose).

9 points for Messi is by far my best individual player score so far in the tournament, but when I consider that keepers who keep a cleanie are getting 9 or 10 points, it doesn't seem that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Thank you Gabriel Heinze. Still hoping that Rooney outscores Messi. 9 points, no goal, no assist, great total but he was class in fairness.

Rooney (C), Lampard, Dempsey, Howard to play later.

Evra: 8
    Heinze: 13
    Messi: 9
    Gourcuff: 4

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

How long is take for Sky Sports points to update?

Heinze did the goods for me today, but Messi should have had at least 2.

ff.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Say I have Gourcuff in my team at the moment who only got 4 points. Can I take him off for one of my subs in the substitution window tomorrow night or did I have to get rid of him in the window last night for the substitution to be valid?

Also I presume I can't swap Messi as captain for Dempsey as captain tonight during the sub window seeing as they both played on the same day?

Say I have Gourcuff in my team at the moment who only got 4 points. Can I take him off for one of my subs in the substitution window tomorrow night or did I have to get rid of him in the window last night for the substitution to be valid?

Also I presume I can't swap Messi as captain for Dempsey as captain tonight during the sub window seeing as they both played on the same day?

Ya, you can take them off any time as long as the guy you're bringing on hasn't played.

You can't swap Messi for Dempsey as they've both played, and Messi has more points anyway so if you could, it wouldn't be a good idea

You can drop Gourcuff to the bench at any time in the first round, so long as it's during the "windows" before the day's action kicks off. So once the play has started on the last day of the round, it's too late.
    Same rule applies. You can only change the captaincy during the sub window, and only to a player who hasn't played yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

stupid Heinze on the bench with 13 points, should really pay more attention to this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

You can still sub him in...least I think you can

Still don't understand the rules but I'm just gonna go along with it. Brought in Jovanovic for RVP just to see what happens. Hoping Serbia do a job on Essien-less Ghana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Pretty happy so far.

Marquez - 8 points
    Howard - 8 points
    Onyewu - 5 points
    Samuel - 7 points
    Veron - 8 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Have to choose between Vidic, Lahm and Ozil as my captain tomorrow. Any suggestions? Leaning towards Ozil atm.

• Advertisement

Is 18 points a good captain total or should I change the captaincy to Xavi vs. Switzerland?

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Is 18 points a good captain total or should I change the captaincy to Xavi vs. Switzerland?

Messi ain't it.Very hard choice alright.I'm leaning towards keeping it on him, as it's the equivalent of a goal.

titan18 wrote: »
    Messi ain't it.Very hard choice alright.I'm leaning towards keeping it on him, as it's the equivalent of a goal.
    Ya, it is Messi.

I think I may change it. Just looking at the scoring system.

Attacking bonus

Action:For every 2 balls delivered into the penalty area (Ball entry into attacking penalty area whilst maintaining possession: Player making run, Player passing, Player receiving, Cross.)

I reckon Xavi could score a lot of points with this system with his playmaker role.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    You can still sub him in...least I think you can
    Afraid not - you can only sub in players that haven't played in this round yet.

Have to choose between Vidic, Lahm and Ozil as my captain tomorrow. Any suggestions? Leaning towards Ozil atm.
    I'm going with Lahm as defenders seem to be scoring highly. I can always switch it to Kaka or Villa later if Lahm's total ain't up to scratch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

when is substatutions open again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

redzerdrog wrote: »
    when is substatutions open again?

Tonight at around 11PM-12AM or so.

I have Dempsey on the bench with 8 and Pienaar in with 3. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Can't access the site.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

Good decis subbing out Ashley Cole for Jokic :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I transferred Klose out after the Germany game started on the Sky Sports FF after the game started but before he scored. Will I get the points for him for the rest of the game? Does anyone know?

From the FAQ:
    Can I make transfers between matches?

Transfers can be made at any time and if a player is in your team at the scheduled kick-off time of their next match he will be eligible to score you points.

In addition, you do not lose the points a player has won for your team when you make a transfer.

This means that you can take a player out of your team after their game has started and bring in another who is about to play.

However, make sure that the transfer is made before the scheduled kick-off time of the incoming player's match.

So I get the points as he was in my team at kick off??

I'm going with Lahm as defenders seem to be scoring highly. I can always switch it to Kaka or Villa later if Lahm's total ain't up to scratch.

Assuming Germany keep their clean sheet looks like Lahm was the right choice - I went for Schweinsteiger - Come on Piginterferer step up.

Least I left Schwarzer on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Cahill sent off :mad:

Dreadful start for me so far, no goals, assists or clean sheets for any of my players. Still have Chiellini, Camoranesi, van Persie, Sneijder, Kaka, Fabiano, Xavi and Pique plus 2 keepers to try and salvage a decent score

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Cahill sent off :mad:

Dreadful start for me so far, no goals, assists or clean sheets for any of my players. Still have Chiellini, Camoranesi, van Persie, Sneijder, Xavi and Pique plus 2 keepers to try and salvage a decent score

Cahill getting sent off is a disaster.Can't sub him out now either, so stuck with the -1.

Assuming Germany keep their clean sheet looks like Lahm was the right choice - I went for Schweinsteiger - Come on Piginterferer step up.

Least I left Schwarzer on the bench.
    Yeah, 13 points for Lahm... Actually makes it a very tough decision on whether or not to gamble later in the week. I think I'll play it safe and bank those 13 extra points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lahm and Mertesacker work out well for me. 12 and 9 points respectively.

31 points from 3 players so far.

Yeah, 13 points for Lahm... Actually makes it a very tough decision on whether or not to gamble later in the week. I think I'll play it safe and bank those 13 extra points.

It depends on what your bench is like but I'd say it's a pretty decent return for a captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Had Lahm as captain 26 points for one player aint bad:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'd leave it on Lahm. Realistically the very best you could hope for from someone else would be 15/16 points, not worth the risk IM0

Edit: Wish I had these kind of dilemmas!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Had Lahm as captain and switched it to Ozil. Raging, but at least I've a good few options left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Sitting in second in the boards league at the moment. Only had one player playing today, but that was Lahm as Captain thankfully. I think I'll stick with him.

It depends on what your bench is like but I'd say it's a pretty decent return for a captain.
    Yeah, bench players still to come in are Maicon, Kaka, Villa, Silva, Zambrotta, Sneijder... but I reckon I'd be tempting fate too much. The attacking players would really need a couple of goals or goal plus assist to get more than 13.
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I'd leave it on Lahm. Realistically the very best you could hope for from someone else would be 15/16 points, not worth the risk IM0

Edit: Wish I had these kind of dilemmas!!
    Yeah, I agree!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Sitting in second in the boards league at the moment. Only had one player playing today, but that was Lahm as Captain thankfully. I think I'll stick with him.

Good man :D

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Well played Sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Who was responsible for setting up the sky sports FF league for boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

I made Cahill captain last night and now cant sub him out or change my captain? Anyone know why??

I think tomorrow morning you can change to somebody who hasn't played. It closes 15 mins before first kick off though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

mars bar wrote: »
    I think tomorrow morning you can change to somebody who hasn't played. It closes 15 mins before first kick off though.

But the window is open now and the only player i cant sub out is Cahill :(

hitman79 wrote: »
    I made Cahill captain last night and now cant sub him out or change my captain? Anyone know why??

You can't sub out a player who was sent off

hitman79 wrote: »
    But the window is open now and the only player i cant sub out is Cahill :(

You're trying to replace him with someone who hasn't played already yes?

• Advertisement
Advertisement