Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Fantasy Football (OP updated with leagues)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,018 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I forgot to change my Captain and it was going to be Podolski.

Had him and Lahm in the team. 44 points now with 6 left to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Yep and they wont even let me change the captaincy to a player who hasnt played. Am i only allowed change the captain once??

Just read the rules...captain cant be changed if he's been sent off...bo**ox :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,018 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

hitman79 wrote: »
    Yep and they wont even let me change the captaincy to a player who hasnt played. Am i only allowed change the captain once??
    You can change it to somebody that has not played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

No,as much as you want to a player who hasn't played, but as Cahill was sent off, you can't change it off him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Ouch, if a player in your starting XI is sent off then you can't sub him out. I guess its a similar situation if you have him as captain then you can't take the armband off him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Just read the rules...captain cant be changed if he's been sent off...bo**ox :(

Please say it was accident that you had Cahill as captain!

mars bar wrote: »
    Please say it was accident that you had Cahill as captain!

No had Rooney but gambled on Cahill for today with the intention of switching to Kaka or Villa tonight if Cahill didnt score :(

No had Rooney but gambled on Cahill for today with the intention of switching to Kaka or Villa tonight if Cahill didnt score :(

Ouch. Big ouch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

32pts with 8 players still to play .... including my captain - Luis Fabiano.

went with a 3-5-2 formation:

Stenkelburg

Lahm - Heinze - Mulligan (thinking of changing him with ooijer)

Kaka - Ozil - Deco - Estrada - Xavi

Luis Fabiano(c) - David Villa

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

31 with 10 to play here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Up to first in the boards league. I'll enjoy my moment before fading back down the table... :(

I think I dodged a bullet by subbing out Cahill (sending off) for Dempsey (goal) on Thursday night. Sneijder, Van Persie, Cannavaro to play tomorrow. I would bring in Buffon, but Howard with 8 points is decent enough. No point in risking 4 or 5 points to gain 1 or 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

31 with 10 to play here

How is that possible. Whats your team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Up to first in the boards league. I'll enjoy my moment before fading back down the table... :(

I think I dodged a bullet by subbing out Cahill (sending off) for Dempsey (goal) on Thursday night. Sneijder, Van Persie, Cannavaro to play tomorrow. I would bring in Buffon, but Howard with 8 points is decent enough. No point in risking 4 or 5 points to gain 1 or 2.

I'm the same with Romeo who has 9pts but i have the Netherlands keeper on the bench, think i'll leave him there this round, bit risky if i changed him hard to call if a goalie will keep a clean sheet or not, this round has been generous as regards clean sheets might be a lot more goals scored in 2nd round of matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

69 points with 13 of my players yet to take part. 4th in the boards league.

Think I'll be taking out Buddle (1 pt) and Di Maria (5 pts) for Van Persie and Sneijder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

How is that possible. Whats your team

Id say he means 10 out of 23 left to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Archimedes wrote: »

Maybe so, strange wording though.

I'm on 44 with 8 starting players left. Lahm as captain was an inspired choice. Hope Villa and Fabiano start to score a few goals cause the strikers have been generally poor so far

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thekid9

Quick question, Can you get points off 23 of your players? Like lets say if you had lahm starting today then subbed him tommorrow for chiellini or something. Would you get points for both?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

thekid9 wrote: »
    Quick question, Can you get points off 23 of your players? Like lets say if you had lahm starting today then subbed him tommorrow for chiellini or something. Would you get points for both?

Nooo once you sub a player out then those points are lost, so the 11 player you end up with at the end of the first round of games get the points for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

That rule about subbing out red carded players sucks the fat one.

Thank you Mister Mexican Referee :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

With double points for captain do you get -2 for Cahill?:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

aaronh007 wrote: »
    You can still sub him in...least I think you can

Still don't understand the rules but I'm just gonna go along with it. Brought in Jovanovic for RVP just to see what happens. Hoping Serbia do a job on Essien-less Ghana

Nope. You can only sub in players yet to play. I didnt wake up in time to sub in Dempsey saturday morning :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Archimedes wrote: »

Yeah that's what i mean, sry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Subbed OUT -> Schwarzer, Pienaar
    Subbed IN <- Buffon, Sneijder

Also changed Captaincy from Rooney to Sneijder.

I think im doing ok points-wise - am I? 41 points with 5 to play in the first 11. And 6 subs (incl Xavi and D. Villa) available, who are likely to start for their respective countries tomorrow or Wed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

I would bring in Buffon, but Howard with 8 points is decent enough. No point in risking 4 or 5 points to gain 1 or 2.

Ha that was my big decision of the day -whether to risk Buffon for Howard.
    Took Howard out in the end.
    It is a gamble but I reckon a calculated one.
    8 isn't all that high for a keeper especially if they keep a clean sheet and I think Italy have a reasonable shot at that.
    Worse case scenario he gets a minimum of 3 for 90 mins played.

For today come on Italy!!!

The sending off rule is a right shot to the balls......and I haven't been affected by it. Given you are allowed make so many subs anyway it seems mighty unfair that you are stuck with a sent-off player on the pitch. Is it not enough of a sanction that one of your players will be scoring negatively which will mean reduced options on the sub front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

I've totally fecked up so far. Didn't think about these substitutions thoroughly enough at all.
    Didn't have Dempsey on the pitch for USA, even though I could have subbed him out no problem.
    Forgot to sub in Lahm yesterday for one of my low scoring defenders (JT).

Anyhoo, lesson learnt for Round 2.

Currently on 36 points. But i'll be taking some of them off for players to come.

jimbling wrote: »
    I've totally fecked up so far. Didn't think about these substitutions thoroughly enough at all.
    Didn't have Dempsey on the pitch for USA, even though I could have subbed him out no problem.
    Forgot to sub in Lahm yesterday for one of my low scoring defenders (JT).

Anyhoo, lesson learnt for Round 2.

Currently on 36 points. But i'll be taking some of them off for players to come.

Oh my god, what a muppet. I forgot to bring in Zambrotta today for one of my many low scoring defenders.
    Damn timezones....thought I had till 13.15 :rolleyes:

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Cahill sent off :mad:

Dreadful start for me so far, no goals, assists or clean sheets for any of my players. Still have Chiellini, Camoranesi, van Persie, Sneijder, Kaka, Fabiano, Xavi and Pique plus 2 keepers to try and salvage a decent score

This is getting ridiculous, 3 for RvP and 5 for Sneijder, I have no player who has scored more than 5 points!!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    This is getting ridiculous, 3 for RvP and 5 for Sneijder, I have no player who has scored more than 5 points!!

Ya My Keeper and Defence have been great but my formation was 3-4-3 so will change that next round.

all 3,4 or 5 for my mids and attackers. The Brazilians will surely change that

8 isn't all that high for a keeper especially if they keep a clean sheet and I think Italy have a reasonable shot at that.

I may have taken the Howard -> Buffon gamble, but I also have Cannavaro so no point in putting too many eggs in that Italian basket today, against the guys who finished second in South American qualifying. Could end up with Buffon & Cannavaro together having less points than Howard.

If they were playing New Zealand, it may have been a different story though.

Day is off to a poor enough start with RVP & Sneijder getting 8 between them. At least I have 3 players (4 if you count Inler but not expecting much vs Spain) to bring in, and 3 duds in the team at the moment.

• Advertisement

Wonder will I leave my captaincy to Sneijder or will I go to Maicon and hope he doesn't concede? I have 47 with 4 to play.

I really wish I started with Dempsey. GGRRR!!

Wonder will I leave my captaincy to Sneijder or will I go to Maicon and hope he doesn't concede? I have 47 with 4 to play.

I really wish I started with Dempsey. GGRRR!!

Maicon, nothing to lose really, likely cleansheet, and could get some attacking points...

Maicon!

Thought so.

And if that fails, I always have Medel for Chile against Honduras! :p

EDIT: Ninja edit fail for you sir! :D

I may have taken the Howard -> Buffon gamble, but I also have Cannavaro so no point in putting too many eggs in that Italian basket today, against the guys who finished second in South American qualifying. Could end up with Buffon & Cannavaro together having less points than Howard.

If they were playing New Zealand, it may have been a different story though.

Day is off to a poor enough start with RVP & Sneijder getting 8 between them. At least I have 3 players (4 if you count Inler but not expecting much vs Spain) to bring in, and 3 duds in the team at the moment.

Can understand the logic especially with Cannavaro in the lineup as well.

Choice was between Schneidjer and Kuyt for captain....choose Scheidjer.
    Need to get the captain choice will have it on Maicon tomorrow and then my choice for the final is eithe Pique or Villa.

Now long do the weirdy attacking bonus/defending bonus points take to show up?

Can you definitely sub your captaincy???

To any player yet to play, yep. I've moved it from Rooney already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Will RVP get the assist?Don't see any reason why he shouldn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

9 points for Van der Wiel. Noice!

Not so good for Sneijder :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Yes. But only to some one who hasn't played. I have it on Wesley at the moment. Probably move it back to Luis Fabiano thought as Wes only got 5 and I'd be hoping for Luis to top that. Or maybe even David Villa.

• Advertisement

To any player yet to play, yep. I've moved it from Rooney already.

Another thing learned. Probably shouldn't have started it on David Villa so :D

So, just to make sure I am clear on this.
    I change my captaincy from Villa to Kaka for tomorrows game. Then, if Kaka scores feck all, I can move it back to Villa or another player playing the last day?
    That seems to be making the captaincy very easy. Although it could put in you in a bit of a dilemma if you get an average score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I change my captaincy from Villa to Kaka for tomorrows game. Then, if Kaka scores feck all, I can move it back to Villa or another player playing the last day?
    That seems to be making the captaincy very easy. Although it could put in you in a bit of a dilemma if you get an average score.

Yea thats right. So basically you can give the captaincy to anyone playing day 1. Then swap to anyone playing day 2 and continue doing this till you get a nice big score :D Really does take a lot of the challenge out of it.

Yep, just remember the subs/captaincy window closes 15 mins before first kick off.

titan18 wrote: »
    Will RVP get the assist?Don't see any reason why he shouldn't

No he won't unfortunately :mad:

It says in the rules that they are not giving assists for penalties or own goals.. which is a bit bizzare really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

76 with 9 to play. 19 Points between Stekelenberg and Van Der Wiel today... happy with that.

Should have left De Rossi as captain. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Good man De Rossi

55 points now. 4 to play including the captain

I take full responsibility for Buffon's performance.:o

Six points down the swaneee

Still with Kuyt, Honda and De Rossi all doing the business it hasn't been a bad day.

3407 in the world. Not bad seeming as I forgot to sub in Lahm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Feck this game :(

Should have left De Rossi as captain. :(

Ah, I would have went with Sneijder too, looked like a much better option in fairness.

Up to 95th worldwide. Just waiting for the wheels to fall off the bandwagon now. I was expecting to fall a good bit seeing as Cannavaro, Sneijder and RVP did sweet f*ck all between them.
    I take full responsibility for Buffon's performance.

Six points down the swaneee

Nothing ventured nothing gained!

• Advertisement
Advertisement