Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup Fantasy Football (OP updated with leagues)

Comments

Down to 1 points with substitutions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Are you able to take out players who haven't played yet and put them back into your starting 11? ie I have Villa starting put want to bring in Kaka for tomorrow. I'm assuming once I take Villa out I can't put him back in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Are you able to take out players who haven't played yet and put them back into your starting 11? ie I have Villa starting put want to bring in Kaka for tomorrow. I'm assuming once I take Villa out I can't put him back in?

Nah I'm pretty sure you can put him back in,I done the same,took him out for Eboue so planning on putting him back in for my lowest scoring player.I hope it works!

Gillington wrote: »
    Nah I'm pretty sure you can put him back in,I done the same,took him out for Eboue so planning on putting him back in for my lowest scoring player.I hope it works!

I just read your post then saw your sig and thought it was a fitting line!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

78 with 3 to play. up to 4th in the Boards league :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭PeteEd

^^^^^^

Make that joint 4th thank you very much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Down to 54 points after dropping Sneijder, Yebda and Bendtner to my bench and taking the captaincy of Ozil.

Maicon, Hamsik and Luis Fabiano in for tomorrow.

Xavi and Villa on the bench for the day after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Yea thats right. So basically you can give the captaincy to anyone playing day 1. Then swap to anyone playing day 2 and continue doing this till you get a nice big score :D Really does take a lot of the challenge out of it.

It doesn't work like that. Say for example your initial captain plays on day 1, and gets 5 points. He then earns you an additional 5 points for being captain. If you change captaincy though, but keep him in your side, then his score goes back to 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

45 points now after dropping a few players with Maicon,Michel Bastos,Fabio Coentrao,Jong Hyok and Hamsik to play tomorrow, and Palacios,Villa and Xavi waiting for the day after.

Fizman wrote: »
    It doesn't work like that. Say for example your initial captain plays on day 1, and gets 5 points. He then earns you an additional 5 points for being captain. If you change captaincy though, but keep him in your side, then his score goes back to 5.

Yea I'm aware of that. But it means your way less likely to get a captain with 2 points like in the premier league one we played. You going to keep changing it day after day until you get a big scorer or you run out of days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What do people think of Pavon from Honduras?

Think I can't lose much by bringing him in for Higuain who only has 3 points.

Or even Keita for Ivory Coast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

mars bar wrote: »
    What do people think of Pavon from Honduras?

Think I can't lose much by bringing him in for Higuain who only has 3 points.

Or even Keita for Ivory Coast?

Is that Pavon who played up front for L.A Galaxy? I'd probably have gone for Keita. Could get attacking and defensive points....Pavon struggled for goals at MLS level.

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Is that Pavon who played up front for L.A Galaxy? I'd probably have gone for Keita. Could get attacking and defensive points....Pavon struggled for goals at MLS level.

Doesn't matter now, I forgot it closed 15 mins before the match so I'll be sticking with Rooney and Higuain's points for this round!

Thanks though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I put in New Zealands keeper seeing as Buffon played so sh*t, then checked today and realised he was their sub keeper...

Does this mean an automatic sub will kick in at the end of the gameweek and stick in Buffon or (hopefully) Stekelenberg?

Im 22nd in the boards league atm...

Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

roryc wrote: »
    I put in New Zealands keeper seeing as Buffon played so sh*t, then checked today and realised he was their sub keeper...

Does this mean an automatic sub will kick in at the end of the gameweek and stick in Buffon or (hopefully) Stekelenberg?

Cheers

Nope. Once you make 1 sub auto-subs is switched off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Had Mucha in goal so that late goal cost me but at least I have Casillas on the bench.

Splainc wrote: »
    Nope. Once you make 1 sub auto-subs is switched off.

thought as much... d'oh

thought as much... d'oh

It's a balls but fair. Dempsey from the USA on my bench too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Bah, missed the deadline this morning and still have Gerrard as captain. Wanted to switch to Kaka, he better have a stinker against Jong-il's men.

Also have Reid on the bench :(

• Advertisement

mars bar wrote: »
    Doesn't matter now, I forgot it closed 15 mins before the match so I'll be sticking with Rooney and Higuain's points for this round!

Thanks though!

Whoops, it appears my advice was sh*t anyways, as he only played for 8 mins. At least Pavon should play 90 mins.

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Whoops, it appears my advice was sh*t anyways, as he only played for 8 mins. At least Pavon should play 90 mins.

Yeah he probably will, I did a bit of research on Keita and it seems he is 99% of the time used as a sub so I'll probably get rid of him in the next round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Had Mucha in goal so that late goal cost me but at least I have Casillas on the bench.

Had him myself.. that would have been my first cleanie, goal or assist :mad:

Does anyone know if Benaglio if likely to start in goals for the Swiss?
    Might as well take a chance on him if he is gonna play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

sweet I have maicon as captain, 93 points so far

sweet I have maicon as captain, 93 points so far

Maicon as captain too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Robinho as captain, and Elano in midfield :)

38 points between them as a result.

• Advertisement

Archimedes wrote: »
    Robinho as captain, and Elano in midfield :)

Oohh nice. Just before Elano was subbed off too.

Yeh I had Kaka as captain and Maicon... 34 points

almost... ALMOST stuck Maicon as captain last night...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Yeh I had Kaka as captain and Maicon... 34 points

almost... ALMOST stuck Maicon as captain last night...

same as that, 71 points altogether so far, still have Casillas and Pique to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Thank you Maicon! Captian,put me right back in contention in my league.Villa playing tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Ok don't know if anyone else did this but i made up 2 teams:o im 2nd and joint 38 in the boards league

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

73 points currently with Xavi, Villa and Speedy Gonzalez left to play.

Surged up the table(over 100 places I think) thanks to having Maicon as captain :D

Shame Honda and Yum Nam is on the bench though, both received 9 points :pac:

Considering subbing Chile's Vidal in as well.

Have 80 points atm with Villa,Xavi and Palacios on the bench.Hamsik is going out for Villa I'd say, but not sure whether to drop Ashley Cole or Sneijder for Xavi or Palacios.They have 5 points each, I'm leaning towards changing both but not sure

108 currently... 104 when I bring in Villa for Rooney.

Buffon injured though - "unknown" return date. Rumors he may be out for the whole tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

I have a lousy 50 points with only Villa to play but now i know how it works i expect a serious improvement in the second round where hopefully my bloody captain wont get sent off :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Had Maicon as captain too. Also had Kaka who got 9 pts. Cheers Brazil. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

36 points with Benaglio, Pique and Xavi (C) to play.. Hopefully they can scrape together 25 points between them and get me a slightly respectable score!

We have until 19:15 tomorrow to set our teams and make transfers for Rd. 2.

Edit: Just realised I have two £1 million Hondurans on the bench, I'll throw them in if either is starting tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Just in case anyone is unaware of it, you don't have to wait for round 1 to finish before setting up your team for round 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Just in case anyone is unaware of it, you don't have to wait for round 1 to finish before setting up your team for round 2.

But you have to wait for the current substitution period to end? ie. ~12pm tomorrow?

Tomorrow is kind of scary. If you are bringing players in, you have to be very sure that they'll play. I'm bringing 4 in, Villa and Silva from Spain and Fernandes and Sanchez from Chile. The only one i'm very sure of is Villa. Is Silva a definate starter? Anyone have any idea of the Chilean situation?

Degag wrote: »
    But you have to wait for the current substitution period to end? ie. ~12pm tomorrow?

Tomorrow is kind of scary. If you are bringing players in, you have to be very sure that they'll play. I'm bringing 4 in, Villa and Silva from Spain and Fernandes and Sanchez from Chile. The only one i'm very sure of is Villa. Is Silva a definate starter? Anyone have any idea of the Chilean situation?

No, on the home section, there's the option to set your team for round 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

titan18 wrote: »
    No, on the home section, there's the option to set your team for round 2.

Yeah i see it cheers!

Now lets hope it catches some people out in my private league!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

76 with Xavi and Villa (C) to play

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

Anyone know the update on Palacios' injury? Might bring him in for Di Maria or Schweinsteiger.... they both got a pathetic 5 pts

Anyone know the update on Palacios' injury? Might bring him in for Di Maria or Schweinsteiger.... they both got a pathetic 5 pts

Ya,I've got the same problem.The lineups will be announced before the deadline for subs to be made, so I'd suggest waiting til then.I reckon he'll do well, just don't want to risk him not playing

Anyone know if Welcome has a sniff of a starting place for Honduras?? i have a striker on the team only got 3 pts so if i knew he would start id throw Welcome in the team

2 goals in 13 for mighty Honduras, hes not the worst of them:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Anyone know if Welcome has a sniff of a starting place for Honduras?? i have a striker on the team only got 3 pts so if i knew he would start id throw Welcome in the team:)

I'd chance it. It's only three points your sacrificing, so not that big of a loss, and all the signs coming out of the Honduras camp this week is that they wont risk Suazo if he's not 100%.

(Btw, there's a Chile - Honduras match thread - Edit: Don't know why I said that, for some reason I thought this was the Spain - Switzerland thread :o )

Archimedes wrote: »
    I'd chance it. It's only three points your sacrificing, so not that big of a loss, and all the signs coming out of the Honduras camp this week is that they wont risk Suazo if he's not 100%.

(Btw, there's a Chile - Honduras match thread - Edit: Don't know why I said that, for some reason I thought this was the Spain - Switzerland thread :o )

I chanced J. Yun Nam tonight against brazil he got me 9 points,, hes price is only 1.0 as well, hmm strongly thinking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Sitting in 7th in the Boards league tonight, although I took out two low scorers for Casillas and Villa tomorrow.

Fizman wrote: »
    Sitting in 7th in the Boards league tonight, although I took out two low scorers for Casillas and Villa tomorrow.

Ramos and Villa in and team set-up for round 2. COME ON!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

Im not sure what to do, i had maicon as cap last night but that goal really put a spanner in the works, i have villa and silva to come in, not sure whether to make villa cap or not, maicon got 13 points last night so i have 26 for him now but villa could score a couple v swizerland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

I'm on 63 points. 3rd in my private league. 113th in the Boards league.

Made a total mess of my team due to leaving it too late. Didn't realise the sub rules, so didn't set my team up accordingly. I also didn't make subs when I should have either.
    I have Lahm (13 points), Zambrotta (5 points) and the forever famous J. YUN NAM (9 points) all on the bench when they could have been played and subbed out if they didnt score.

I had Kaka as my captain last night and he pulled in 9 points without doing too much, so pretty happy about that.

I now have only two more players to play. Xavi and Villa. I had planned to put my captaincy back on Villa if Kaka didn't score a bucket load.... but now thinking I should be happy with the 9 points. What do ye think??

Advertisement