Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 3GS Question and help needed

Options
  • 10-05-2010 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I bought an iphone off a dude on gumtree, he said it was his and just didnt like it. The phone works perfectly its on the o2 network.

My question is that i know o2 are unblocking iphones if you register with them etc, if i ring them up will there be a problem as i bought it second hand off someone?

Is there any way to check and see if it was already registered in someone elses name, i dont want o2 to block the phone on me?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Well they won't block it unless it was stolen
    afaik ya need the original account holder to request the unlock

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

guil wrote: »
    Well they won't block it unless it was stolen
    afaik ya need the original account holder to request the unlock

No, you don't. I bought mine s/h and couldn't get the original owner. It was obviously sold over a year ago and I got the unlock last Friday. I did have an O2 account though, which probably helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 karlcon

@ white rebel, Yeah i only got it the phone other day and its a new one ( i can tell by the baseband version ) im not with o2 thats why i want it unlocked. my GF is maybe i can get her to ring up and request an unlock from o2??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

karlcon wrote: »
    @ white rebel, Yeah i only got it the phone other day and its a new one ( i can tell by the baseband version ) im not with o2 thats why i want it unlocked. my GF is maybe i can get her to ring up and request an unlock from o2??

They can tell from the IMEI when it was sold, and therefore it might not have built up enough charges for it to be unlocked. No harm in trying though. Go to the stickied thread at the top of this page and ask Daryll from O2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 karlcon

yeah I sent him a PM so just waiting to hear back from him, cheers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement