Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoi-Sin Sauce?

Options
  • 10-05-2010 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a nice stir-in hoi-sin sauce?? I used to love Sharwoods Hoi Sin & Plum Sauce but now they've changed it to Hoi-Sin and Five Spice and I don't like it at all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭t4k30

Hoi-sin sauce is delicious !!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

Nothing like it for a nice stir fry chicken with rice!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

Try any asian supermarket,for an array off hoi sin sauce brands.All are usually top quality.

Thanks for that dubh101

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

If you're in Dublin, there's lots of good Asian stores where you will get good hoi sin sauce if that's what you're after. I've recently started going to the emporium on Abbey St and it's really good, they have everything. Just down the road from Arnotts (on the opposite side).

Sharwoods hoi sin is not bad at all though.

• Advertisement

Thanks Aidan, I am in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I got wing yip hoi sin sauce in tesco and preferred it to the sharwoods. Neither were the stir in sauce the OP is looking for though, it was the paste/marinate.

I saw a few stir in hoi sin sauces in the oriental emporium in georges street, dublin city centre.

Advertisement