Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do we allow these people do this to Sligo???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Until it's confirmed.. i'll take it with a pinch of salt!

I mean:
    There was widespread shock in the O'Connell Street business community when they have just learned that Sligo's premier shopping thoroughfare is to be closed, completely, for a period of three months or longer.

Des Faul, from Cafe Fluer said in disbelief, "Are you serious?, we've heard nothing about this. I'll check it out."

As you said - "informed about this 'innovative' plan by the media". I'll wait to hear an official announcement from the CoCo.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

When I heard this I was like WTF. Seems awful strange. As Basquille said ill wait to hear something official

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

how often are they going to dig this street up? at the moment its a total mess with random street funiture, a patch work quilt effect, and seemingly no monitoring of the amount of parking violations on the disabled and loading/unloading bays, hopefully if they do dig it up, the restoration will be a whole let better.

whats not clear if it is closed, is all access going to be denied to the stores on it, if this is the case could have huge implications for the local trade, employment and economy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I remember when there was discussions going on about the re-opening of O'Connell street, one of the deterants used by the county manager was that the drainage of the street itself would need to be completely re-done. By the sounds of that article it is what the county manager was talking about.
    If its neccesary work then I don't see the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Whats the bets though, if there is truth to this that it'll be resurfaced to allow traffic down it again.

Can't find money to do it properly now, but can dig it up for three months no problem at all and re-surface it again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭CityMan2010

I would be more concerned by the level of journalism than concern for the street closing down....dont believe half of what you read, and none of what you hear...

rob

Advertisement