Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone have a Gearbox for a 03 Nissan Almera?

• 10-05-2010 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Please Help!

Mechanic cannot find a gearbox for my petrol 03 almera anywhere in the country!

If anyone can help me out whether if its somewhere where i might be able to find one or if someone has an almera for breaking who might sell the gearbox at a reasonable price :rolleyes:.

Any help would be greatly apreiciated.

Ledger

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭kqcregg

You might be as well to buy another cheap almera, take what you want and scrap the rest. Gearbox could be around €400 if its in demand. Double labour is the only problem.

This one was on donedeal in Dublin. You could test drive it and all! Bargain down as no NCT. Sitting for a year, etc.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1307661

Should be in a local scrappie tomoro and I'll check what they have. (Closed Mondays).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

traynors should have one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Justin10

If you decide to buy an almera then scrap it. I need a few small things. Like headlight and small stuff inside, id give you few bob for them.
    And if its a black one, I need a good bumper too.
    Spot lamps also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

kqcregg wrote: »
    This one was on donedeal in Dublin. You could test drive it and all! Bargain down as no NCT. Sitting for a year, etc.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1307661

Apreciate the help but i would be less inclined to go with this option, as since its just the gearbox i need, 1000 euro is a lot to spending for just that, and then hassle of organising to get rid of it.

As i.m making this enquiry for my ma, i shall pass on all messages and see what she says.

Ledger

steve06 wrote: »
    traynors should have one

Sorry if i may sound a bit thick but, who r traynors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭balcan

Traynors are breakers up north that deliver down south,Sound bunch.Look up there web site.Gearbox problems are a BIG issue with the Almera so finding a good one second hand will be difficult.Mother got her Almera gearbox reconditioned by some crowd in Dublin,Prob your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 king li

Hi,

I dont know if your aware but there is a fault in the Nissan Almera 03 gear box. Mine went 2years ago and the guy in the garage said its a fault in the 03, but nissan are doing nothing about it cos the warranty is now up. I eventually got a replacement but it then went on me. I have kept both gear boxes incase I need parts.

I got the replacement gear boxes from Traynors. There in Armagh and you will get them on the web. I swear I will never buy another nissan again....they are dreadful for getting parts etc. The next car will be a boro/passat more reliable

balcan wrote: »
    Traynors are breakers up north that deliver down south,Sound bunch.Look up there web site.Gearbox problems are a BIG issue with the Almera so finding a good one second hand will be difficult.Mother got her Almera gearbox reconditioned by some crowd in Dublin,Prob your best bet.

Yea this one (if its ever gotten) will be the third in this f**king car, along with the cam shaft sensors, headlights etc etc etc but she still wont get rid of it ill never understand it ha

The last gearbox only lasted about 8 months and the guarantee was for 6 months.

Needless nissan will never get my custom, thats for sure.

Ledger

king li wrote: »
    Hi,

I dont know if your aware but there is a fault in the Nissan Almera 03 gear box. Mine went 2years ago and the guy in the garage said its a fault in the 03, but nissan are doing nothing about it cos the warranty is now up. I eventually got a replacement but it then went on me. I have kept both gear boxes incase I need parts.

I got the replacement gear boxes from Traynors. There in Armagh and you will get them on the web. I swear I will never buy another nissan again....they are dreadful for getting parts etc. The next car will be a boro/passat more reliable

Yeah i know but, like you, nissan will have nothing to do with it. Crowd of . . . .
    Has your timing belt, head lights or cam shaft sensors gone yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

Naas Gearbox centre recondition gearbox's, could be your best option, at least the work is under warranty, no comeback on a second hand box if you find one.http://www.naasgearboxcentre.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement