Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

master in social work

Options
  • 10-05-2010 12:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13

Hi
    I have been accepted to do a masters in ucd in dublin. I was on a waiting list for the same masters in NUIG, however i heard today that i have also been accepted on this course. I wouyld be grateful if ye could give me in fo on either course as i dont know what course to accept. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Hi Claire. I'm almost finshed the course in Galway. Where do you live in the country? That might help; altho I have no experience of the course in UCD, if I were to go back and do it again (eliminating the fact I live in Galway and it was cheaper for me to live at home and do it) I may try UCD..
    If you want to PM me some specific questions re: the Galway course I'd be happy to help..

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Christinalit

Claire123 wrote: »
    Hi
    I have been accepted to do a masters in ucd in dublin. I was on a waiting list for the same masters in NUIG, however i heard today that i have also been accepted on this course. I wouyld be grateful if ye could give me in fo on either course as i dont know what course to accept. Thanks in advance

would you be able to tell me how long after your interview it was until you heard
    back from nuig??

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sfhoping234

would you be able to tell me how long after your interview it was until you heard
    back from nuig??

Thanks
    Hi, I was just wondering also about this course and I was wondering does anyone know anything about the 6 months experience needed? Is there a certain amount of hours needed? I read on another site that 940 hours of experience were needed before applying? Any advice or help on this,I would appreciate it:)

Hi, I was just wondering also about this course and I was wondering does anyone know anything about the 6 months experience needed? Is there a certain amount of hours needed? I read on another site that 940 hours of experience were needed before applying? Any advice or help on this,I would appreciate it:)

You need to check with the individual colleges about this; contact the admin lady or course director to get a clarification as there was confusion a few years back in NUIG when it said 6 months full or part time volunteering experience; some prospective students though that an hour a week at a homework club or on Childline phones over a year was sufficient; but at the interview were told they should have something like 640 hours or something..so, check!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sfhoping234

You need to check with the individual colleges about this; contact the admin lady or course director to get a clarification as there was confusion a few years back in NUIG when it said 6 months full or part time volunteering experience; some prospective students though that an hour a week at a homework club or on Childline phones over a year was sufficient; but at the interview were told they should have something like 640 hours or something..so, check!!

Thanks LadyMayBelle, I'll check that out but I'm guessing it probably is that. How long before you heard after you had interview?

• Advertisement

honestly cant quite remember as it was in 2008 but at a guess, 3 weeks max

Advertisement