Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crash next to Golden Fry, sacred heart

• 10-05-2010 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

I came on here to see what had happened..I'd assumed there'd already be a thread about it

Anyone know what happened? I was driving down passed the urseline school last night and there was a black BMW with windows smashed in on the side of the road and a man putting petrol into it from a 2 litre milk container..thought it was a bit odd but thought nothing of it

was on my way back home about 20 mins later and there were guards everywhere, good crowd of people all gathered around and right outside the Golden Fry there was a car in bits (could have been the same car as the windows in this car were smashed in as well) and the pole of the roundabout bent in..a man on the ground, people around him and another man up against the car, on the ground and guards with blue gloves on re directing the traffic..looked nasty whatever it was but they were handcuffing the guy on the ground so i didnt know what to make of it

anyone hear what really happened? i'm only trying to piece it together in my head

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

snuggles09 wrote: »
    there was a black BMW with windows smashed in on the side of the road and a man putting petrol into it from a 2 litre milk container..

I assume you mean he was putting petrol in the tank, not splashing it about the inside of the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

dayshah wrote: »
    I assume you mean he was putting petrol in the tank, not splashing it about the inside of the car.

no he was trying to pour petrol into the tank of the car with petrol from a 2 litre platic milk container..its all very odd..just curious as to what happened because there were crowds gathered everywhere and everyone was talking about it (i stopped at chinese on way home) but no one knew what had happened

WLR said there was a car chase.

http://www.wlrfm.ie/tabId/269/itemId/1213/Man-arrested-after-car-chase-in-the-city.aspx

It doesn't explain the petrol in the milk carton. Are you sure thats what it was? Maybe it just looked that way and a passer by who went to help the people in the crash had a carton of milk at the time?

no i'm 100%..this happened as i was on the way out..there were no other cars around bar a few passing cars in traffic, the car was parked just down a bit from the urseline school on the other side of the road, there were 2 other guys at other side of the road outside where those apartments are and there was the seperate guy across the road pouring the petrol into the tank..the windows were all smashed to bits though which is why i thought it was odd but then i thought maybe the car had been stolen or they had been locked out and had to smash the windows..because there were no guards and other cars were driving along as normal i didnt take too much notice but was looking at him doing it when i was stopped at traffic lights

when i was on way back all hell had broken loose but i didnt think to look towards where the car was parked to see if it was still there and then i happened upon the crash at the roundabout so it may well have been the same car..it was black and windows were smashed in but i couldnt be sure if it was same car or not as it was in the bits at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

My thoughts on this is someone was making **** if the car,

think about it? Smashed windows and pouring something into the petrol in a milk carton!

I'm no car expert but I'd imagine if it was cooking oil or detergent it would make **** of the car ya?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

The news report said it was a black BMW, same as what the OP saw, so highly likely it was the same car involved in the chase. Garages normally only put the very minimum petrol in cars on the lot, just in case they are stolen, maybe they knew this and brought some with them in a carton..?

^ much better theory then mine :)

ziedth wrote: »
    My thoughts on this is someone was making **** if the car,

think about it? Smashed windows and pouring something into the petrol in a milk carton!

I'm no car expert but I'd imagine if it was cooking oil or detergent it would make **** of the car ya?

it could very well have been anything..it looked like petrol though as in it was clear with a yellowish tinge to it and was opuring like water not oil if you get me..in saying that i'm no expert, lol, could have been anything but assumed it was petrol as it looked ilke it and he was pouring it into the tank..wonder where he got petrol out that way though? nearest garage is the Cork road..ah i dunno..all done and dusted now so it's all irrelevant..was just curious what happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

^ much better theory then mine :)

Still wouldn't really explain why all the windows were broken though (it sounded from the OP that all windows were smashed??).... maybe the air-con wasn't workin ;-)

rayc wrote: »
    Still wouldn't really explain why all the windows were broken though (it sounded from the OP that all windows were smashed??).... maybe the air-con wasn't workin ;-)

i could only see the driver window and back passenger window on drivers side and they were smashed..the glass was on the ground right next to them so it was smashed right there..wasnt smashed and then driven if you get me..ooh if only i'd gotten there 5 mins earlier:D

• Advertisement

Lol

Maybe you should report what you saw to the police? Every extra witness helps.

Here is a theory:

Scumbags rob car from a garage.
    Car has little petrol for reason given.
    Scumbags run a checkpoint.
    After running checkpoint they hit a pole, causing the smashed windows.
    Seen as they have stopped anyway they decide now is a good time to fill the tank a bit.
    The fuzz arrive.

Sounds plausable? Still doesn't make sense why they would fill the tank after crashing.

when i saw the guy putting petrol in, it wasnt crashed by the roundabout at that stage..was parked up across from urseline with windows smashed in..what happened between what i saw then and the mayhem on my way home i've no idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭whos who

I saw it too last night. The aftermath not the incident and to me I thought the garda car crashed into the black BMW at the roundabout.

As in the Garda car was coming down the follly hill and was going straight through the roundabout and the BMW pulled right out in front of them.

Thats what i thought happnened anyway..........:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Did the man with the carton look like a scabby piece of scum?

mike65 wrote: »
    Did the man with the carton look like a scabby piece of scum?

no he looked like a normal guy..he had a hoody on but hood wasnt up and a track suit end..seemed odd to me what he was doing but i didnt think he was up to no good...i thought when i saw him that the car was his and it had been broken into on him as there were people on other side of road looking at him putting the petrol in..didnt look "dodgy" if you know what i mean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

snuggles09 wrote: »
    no he looked like a normal guy..he had a hoody on but hood wasnt up and a track suit end..seemed odd to me what he was doing but i didnt think he was up to no good...i thought when i saw him that the car was his and it had been broken into on him as there were people on other side of road looking at him putting the petrol in..didnt look "dodgy" if you know what i mean

I heard the chase on friends handheld radio ;) yesterday , it seemed to of just flew away from gards as they just called for assistance and said black b.m.w failing to stop they chased them around 3 min then car crashed but took off again only to crash further down again at the folley then cop sounded like he was in lot of hassle , called for urgent assistance (prob trying to stop the guys fleeing on foot) took around 5 min alltogether id say the chase. they also asked for ambulance which was obvliously for the fella reported in wlr link. interesting things these "radios" when things like this happen :D

jo06555 wrote: »
    I heard the chase on friends handheld radio ;) yesterday , it seemed to of just flew away from gards as they just called for assistance and said black b.m.w failing to stop they chased them around 3 min then car crashed but took off again only to crash further down again at the folley then cop sounded like he was in lot of hassle , called for urgent assistance (prob trying to stop the guys fleeing on foot) took around 5 min alltogether id say the chase. they also asked for ambulance which was obvliously for the fella reported in wlr link. interesting things these "radios" when things like this happen :D

What sort of radio? One of these scanner things or just one of the ones you can buy in Lidl from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

dayshah wrote: »
    What sort of radio? One of these scanner things or just one of the ones you can buy in Lidl from time to time.
    Must be a scanner , he had radio playing on it too so i think he says its hand held radio but really its a scanner :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

was in the golden fry at the exact moment it happen,say it was a stolen car,guard smashed the window,were two lads inside it,both arrested,ambulance came too. didnt really put up too much of a struggle tbh.looked like one of them was hurt too,the passenger.happened around 9 last night.walking up the road and was talking to a lad,they nearly crashed just passed centra before coming to a stop outside the golden fry .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I saw everything - was at the roundabout, saw the chase, the crash, and the arrest as traffic stalled completely.

Black BMW came tearing up from the turn-off by the urseline, and sped onto the roundabout. The bumper at the bottom got some traction from the ground, and the car itself span out. The driver tried to reverse back, but the garda car in pursuit hit into the side of them. The two guards hopped out, and maced the driver through the shattered drivers side window.

The driver quickly slapped the car into reverse, and shot backwards - straight into a pole. The gardai were already back in their car at this stage, and prevented the driver from moving any further by again hitting into the side of them. Within a minute, they had both the driver and passenger restrained on the ground. Backup arrived (2 more garda cars and 1 special branch) within a minute. Traffic was then diverted off.

I'm assuming the chase went on for quite a while - the BMW was in bits. The driver when on the ground was making quite a fuss about this fact :P

Tellox wrote: »
    I saw everything - was at the roundabout, saw the chase, the crash, and the arrest as traffic stalled completely.

Black BMW came tearing up from the turn-off by the urseline, and sped onto the roundabout. The bumper at the bottom got some traction from the ground, and the car itself span out. The driver tried to reverse back, but the garda car in pursuit hit into the side of them. The two guards hopped out, and maced the driver through the shattered drivers side window.

The driver quickly slapped the car into reverse, and shot backwards - straight into a pole. The gardai were already back in their car at this stage, and prevented the driver from moving any further by again hitting into the side of them. Within a minute, they had both the driver and passenger restrained on the ground. Backup arrived (2 more garda cars and 1 special branch) within a minute. Traffic was then diverted off.

I'm assuming the chase went on for quite a while - the BMW was in bits. The driver when on the ground was making quite a fuss about this fact :P

See any milk cartonss?

What I can't believe out of all this is how much I want a golden fry snack box even though it's half 8 in the morning.

I think that must be mistery solved, doesn't explain the milk carton though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Sometimes you never get all the answers (ref to LOST)

They weren't suppose to leave then? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

What I can't believe out of all this is how much I want a golden fry snack box even though it's half 8 in the morning.

What I want to know is how two long-standing contributors to this forum witnessed something so out of the ordinary, and didn't bother to tell the rest of us. ;)

gscully wrote: »
    What I want to know is how two long-standing contributors to this forum witnessed something so out of the ordinary, and didn't bother to tell the rest of us. ;)

exactly..*tsk tsk*..and here was me coming on thinking ye'd have all the low down and little me was left to start a thread *whack*:mad::P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

It wasn't a stolen car anyway - no tax or insurance was the reason the car tried to get away from the Garda checkpoint. Car was only bought recently too, think it's written off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jellyfrogs

It wasn't a stolen car anyway - no tax or insurance was the reason the car tried to get away from the Garda checkpoint. Car was only bought recently too, think it's written off now.
    I heard it was robbed from Avondale

• Advertisement
Advertisement