Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

freearc error when extracting

• 10-05-2010 1:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭

Trying to extract a .ARC file and I'm getting this error

"WARNING: write error (Disc full?) in compression algorithm tempfile"

Ive googled it and searched around the freearc homepage but cant find the answer. Theres plenty of space on my harddrive. Anyone know what the problem could be ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Noone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Is it over 4gb ?
    Could be hitting a FAT32 limit.

Is it over 4gb ?
    Could be hitting a FAT32 limit.

Its 3.45 gb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Just guessing here but could freearc be extracting the archive to a temporary location on your system before it then moves it to the destination you specified. The temporary location could be c:\windows\temp or something like that and that drive could be low on space...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Tusky wrote: »
    Its 3.45 gb.

That's the compressed file size I assume.

But are there any files within the archive which are over 4Gb ?

• Advertisement

SickBoy wrote: »
    Just guessing here but could freearc be extracting the archive to a temporary location on your system before it then moves it to the destination you specified. The temporary location could be c:\windows\temp or something like that and that drive could be low on space...

Is there anyway around that ? How do I make space in that location ?
    That's the compressed file size I assume.

But are there any files within the archive which are over 4Gb ?

No. The biggest individual file is 2.1gb

Advertisement