Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smithwicks

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Anyone who drink Smithwicks should call to their local offie or Tesco and pick up a few bottles of O'Hara's Irish Red. Supporting a local Irish brewing company, and the beer itself it a lovely easy drinking Ale.

For a country who consumes so much of the devils sweat you'd think we would drink beer that tasted of beer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Sergeant wrote: »
    For a country who consumes so much of the devils sweat you'd think we would drink beer that tasted of beer.
    It never works that way. We're in the same league as Germany and the Czech Republic and most of what they drink is factory-made rubbish too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sergeant wrote: »
    Anyone who drink Smithwicks should call to their local offie or Tesco and pick up a few bottles of O'Hara's Irish Red. Supporting a local Irish brewing company, and the beer itself it a lovely easy drinking Ale.

It's all very well to say that, but in most pubs the only ale available is Smithwicks, I do not like lager or draught Guinness, so I literally have no choice.

I always, always ask for large bottles (Guinness or Macardles, but I may start looking for Smithwicks too :p) whenever I go into a pub, on the off chance. Now, it must be said, that many pubs are getting better, but most aren't.

Going to an off Licence, or even Tesco, is a different story. I usually buy London Pride or Honeydew, I like them better than O'Hara's Red.

The Aldi O'Hara's Irish Ale is nicer than O'Hara's own-named stuff too, imho.

But, my local serves O'Hara's Stout on Draught for €4, which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thelynchfella

BeerNut wrote: »
    It never works that way. We're in the same league as Germany and the Czech Republic and most of what they drink is factory-made rubbish too.

and in belgium, for all the great beers there, the amount of people i see drinking jupiler is shocking!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I actually pronounce it smith-wicks intentionally to annoy people.:)

Its rotten IMO. Tastes like half a pint of lager mixed with half a pint of stout. Yuk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement