Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slash Vicar St - June 29th

Options
  • 10-05-2010 1:24pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Aiken Promotions are proud to present...
    ICONIC ROCK GUITARIST

SLASH

Live At Vicar St. June 29th

Tickets on sale Wed May 12th @ 9am!

rock icon Slash released his first album, SLASH on Friday May 7th. The album features an all-star roster of guest musicians including Ian Astbury, Chris Cornell, Rocco DeLuca, Fergie, Dave Grohl, Myles Kennedy, Kid Rock, Lemmy Kilmeister, Adam Levine of Maroon 5, Duff McKagan, M. Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold, Ozzy Osbourne, Iggy Pop, and Andrew Stockdale of Wolfmother.

A major undertaking for Slash, he enlisted services of producing partner Eric Valentine (Queens of Stone Age, The All-American Rejects) and compiled a rhythm section of bassist Chris Chaney (Jane's Addiction) and drummer Josh Freese (Nine Inch Nails). Slash handled the majority of arranging and songwriting duties and hand-picked each guest artist. The album's guests worked collaboratively with Slash to round out the song.

"The idea was really simple in the beginning," said Slash. "These are all artists I wanted to work with - that I thought it would be amazing to do something creative and collaborative. And I was so impressed with what everyone brought to the table. They were all so committed to doing a good job. And we had a lot of fun making these songs."

In addition to the album news, Slash has teamed up with Guitar Center, (http://www.guitarcenter.com/), the world's largest musical instrument retailer, for a first-of-its kind undiscovered music program: Guitar Center Presents Your Next Record with Slash <http://www.yournextrecord.com&gt; , an unsigned band competition that provides emerging artists the chance to win the ultimate career-altering opportunity: record a 3-song EP with legendary producer, Mike Clink (Guns N' Roses, Mötley Crüe, Megadeth) and have Slash write, record and perform on the winning artists' single. Starting today, through April 30th, 2010 bands across the United States are invited to submit their music at YourNextRecord.com <http://www.yournextrecord.com&gt; for a chance to win.

Slash is widely considered one of the greatest rock guitar players of all time. He has received countless accolades and awards including a 2007 star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame alongside his idols Jimmy Page and Jimi Hendrix. An original member of iconic rock band Guns N' Roses, Slash helped the band create signature sounds like the guitar riff of #1 hit "Sweet Child o' Mine" and "Welcome To The Jungle." The band dominated the 1980's and 90's music scene selling more than 100 million albums worldwide and ushered in a decade of hard charging rock music. After the band's break-up, Slash went on to critical acclaim in his personal project Slash's Snakepit, and global success with supergroup Velvet Revolver. He has been widely sought after by the biggest musicians of all time, performing with everyone from Michael Jackson to Stevie Wonder to Ray Charles. Slash is one of the marquee playable characters in Guitar Hero III, has two signature Gibson guitars in his name, and authored his own top-selling biography Slash in 2007.

Slash Live @ Vicar St. this June 29th. Tickets are €42.40 on sale this Wednesday May 12th @ 9am through Ticketmaster and other usual outlets nationwide. Booking Line: 0818 719 390.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Nice!:D

Definatly gonna try and make it to this. From the looks of some of the videos on youtube of this tour, it looks like he is going to be playing songs from evey band he has been in. So a good mix of Guns 'n' Roses, Snakepit and Velvet Revolver, along with stuff from his solo album. Looks like it could be a great gig.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The only thing is that tickets go on sale 30mins before my exam in college so gotta get someone to get me mine

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

That is gonna be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I really really can't afford this, but i will find a way!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Who's in his touring band?

It's cool, i found it

Todd Kerns (SIN CITY SINNERS, STATIC IN STEREO, AGE OF ELECTIC) has replaced Dave Henning (BIG WRECK) on bass in former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash's touring band. The rest of the group consists of rhythm guitarist Bobby Schneck (WEEZER, GREEN DAY), drummer Brent Fitz (ALICE COOPER, VINCE NEIL) and vocalist Myles Kennedy from ALTER BRIDGE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Ah ****e,i'll be up in Belfast on wednesday for Metallica. Have to find myself an internet cafe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Chris1966

Will probably be giving this a wide berth, €42.40? Sorry, but got to see KISS AND an amazing light & stage show in the O2 for €60!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

how big it the vicar street. do ye think it well sell out tomorrow.

i'v seen slash the last two times he's been here.

EDIT: **** it I am going, it is my favourite guitarist after all and there is **** all else worth going to this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Mmmmh, I already hate myself for not going, but I'm with RonMexico here...
    Slash still has it. He's imho still the best guitar player out there, but I'd find it classier if they performed these GN'R classics instrumental only, lettin' the audience do the the singing. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭iMac Hunt

Crap, sold out already!

can't believe its sold out. they think he may put on another show

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DHYNZY

wouldnt bet on another Dublin show considering his tour schedule. i'd try and get a ticket for sale if I were you mate.

got my own today (: happy days. should be great! nice mix of everything slash has done.

i have got one i hope. brother got one from e-bay. hope its the real thing

My brother just told me that he got two tickets for the balcony about fifteen minutes ago. Ye sure it is sold out??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Ah ****e! Totally forgot that this was going on sale this morning.:( Guess i'll have to try other places to get a ticket then.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Kev217

I notice there's 'Attend' tickets left, can anyone fill me in on what's the story with these ticket types?

The "attendant" tickets are for disabled people, if they need to bring someone along with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

What's Vicar St. like as a venue? My first time going there. Should be a great show.

What are the chances of a photo with the man after it do ye think? :)

• Advertisement

Gerard.C wrote: »
    What's Vicar St. like as a venue? My first time going there. Should be a great show.

What are the chances of a photo with the man after it do ye think? :)

It's small enough. Holds about a thousand, I think? Getting a photo with Slalsh?? More chance of winning the bloody lottery!!

It's small enough. Holds about a thousand, I think? Getting a photo with Slalsh?? More chance of winning the bloody lottery!!

I'd have thought it'd be easier to bump into them after a show at a smaller venue like Vicar St. though?

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I'd have thought it'd be easier to bump into them after a show at a smaller venue like Vicar St. though?

Nah, I would think he'd have a pretty tight security operation around him???

Nah, I would think he'd have a pretty tight security operation around him???

Probably. Might get lucky though :)

Ah i wouldnt say never about meeting the man himself. Would love to get a photo with him. Have'nt been in Vicar St for a gig apart from Tim Minchin but that was all seating

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Ah i wouldnt say never about meeting the man himself. Would love to get a photo with him. Have'nt been in Vicar St for a gig apart from Tim Minchin but that was all seating

A mate of mine(jammy bastard) met him outside vicar street a few years back after he played a couple of numbers with Ron Wood. Said he was sound and took loads of time for pics and autographs so it's worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭redmond08

Do yous reckon Sound Cellar would have any tickets? Big Alter Bridge fan so to see Myles with Slash would be a dream :D

Is Myles def touring with him?

Is Myles def touring with him?

Yeah, he's part of the touring band.

• Advertisement

Yeah, he's part of the touring band.
    Cool , always like Alter Bridge so it will prob be the only time Myles will be over in Ireland. Would cool to meet both Myles and Slash

Advertisement