Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slash Vicar St - June 29th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

were is the best place too park at the vicar and what should it be over at.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,437 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Could possibly have a spare standing ticket for the gig

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone no what time he should be finished at? The oul trying to make it home to Kildare means i need to be at either the Quays or Heuston at 11 :( . Is there any taxis usually floating around Vicar St?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Anyone no what time he should be finished at? The oul trying to make it home to Kildare means i need to be at either the Quays or Heuston at 11 :( . Is there any taxis usually floating around Vicar St?

I reckon he'll be done around 22.30/22.45! There's always loads of taxis hanging around outside after a gig there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

lord lucan wrote: »
    I reckon he'll be done around 22.30/22.45! There's always loads of taxis hanging around outside after a gig there.
    Sound he says he usually does about 2/2.5 hours (after saying that when interviewed on BBC during Glasto)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

What time do the doors open?? What time would Glyder be onstage at?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

not sure about the doors dude but barry the guitar player in glyder just txt me to say there on at 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 irelandcalling

Slash!!! Have seen this man in Slane '92, Vicar Street 2001 (with Ronnie Wood), three VR gigs in Dublin - and am seeking a ticket to this gig!

I was getting hitched when they went on sale and missed out, so if anyone has a spare - if your ticket PTH is still there - I would greatly appreciate if you could get in touch

Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Following up from the previous post, was left in the lurch by a late night text message last eve telling me that the ticket that I had been promised (and had paid for), wasn't coming after all.
    If anybody needs to offload a ticket please fire me on a PM, will be on boards mobile so will be able to get in touch relatively quick.
    Sound

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭the_big_kahuna

just got word that my mate can't make it. So I have 1 standing ticket available if anyone is interested.

PM me if you are interested. :)

• Advertisement

It's been a looooooooooooooong time since I attended any gig(s) in Vicar Street.

Can anyone advise me what this place is like for wheelchair access?? Would I have much luck in placing myself up near the barriers to get a good viewpoint or would the "security" wag a finger at me??? I don't want to get crushed!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

That is how to put on a Rock 'N' Roll show!! The set was amazing! Slash was on fire, Myles had the flu but nobody noticed untill he let the whole crowd sing Sweet Child O' Mine and Slash said it. A better review tomorow when I get my hearing back, Haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Great show. Pity Myles' voice was fecked due to flu but the crowd picked up the slack nicely.He seemed in real trouble with the higher pitched GN'R tunes.Great setlist,kept building to a frenetic ending. Nice touch throwing in a bit of Lizzy. Great to see a legend at close quarters like that,love intimate shows.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I'll upload some more tomorrow, nite now ..

Holy ****in **** that was some gig. My voice is totally screwed. Even though Myles' voice was knackered, they put on a great show. I hope that, when they come back, it will be in that venue again!?

Myself & my sister were up the front - in front of the barrier - right next to the stage(I'm a wheelchair user). I got two guitar picks from the rhythm guitarist.

If anyone has the setlist, please put it up!? There were a couple of songs that I didn't recognise!?

Savage gig - Slash was on top form. I loved his rendition of the Godfather theme.

Unreal gig! I took a pic of the setlist if it helps, can upload it later, I was taking pics at the front and seriously, what a show man, I loved every second of it! I'm sure the other half will be on when he recovers with his breakdown of the night. How did you guys take Glyder? I thought they performed amazingly and seemed to get a great reception.
    Mrs. Smelltheglove

Unreal gig! I took a pic of the setlist if it helps, can upload it later, I was taking pics at the front and seriously, what a show man, I loved every second of it! I'm sure the other half will be on when he recovers with his breakdown of the night. How did you guys take Glyder? I thought they performed amazingly and seemed to get a great reception.
    Mrs. Smelltheglove

Post it up. Glyder were brilliant. I bet they were bricking it though???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Unfortunately, there were three muppets just in front of me who would not stop waffling to each other very fcuking loudly.

4748181827_fd6035bed5.jpg

So it goes

Ghost
    Mean Bone
    Night Train
    Dirty Little Thing
    Back from Cali
    Beggars and hangers on
    Civil war
    Rocket Queen
    Fall to pieces
    Sucker train blues
    Nothing to say
    Starlight
    Watch this
    Godfather
    Sweet child
    Rise today
    Slither
    Bu the Sword
    Are you ready
    Paradise city

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Beave

Nice photo, I was up in Block F and saw you taking this photo, you took a couple over the monitor I think, wierd seeing the photo now :)

I noticed very quickly that Myles' voice was in trouble, and was a little peeved until he acknowledged it, but have sooo much respect for him and the band. Many lesser singers wouldn't have set foot on the stage and we would would have missed out on one hell of a gig. Not many people would have seen that version of the show either, so we were lucky really :pac:

• Advertisement

Beave wrote: »
    Nice photo, I was up in Block F and saw you taking this photo, you took a couple over the monitor I think, wierd seeing the photo now :)

I noticed very quickly that Myles' voice was in trouble, and was a little peeved until he acknowledged it, but have sooo much respect for him and the band. Many lesser singers wouldn't have set foot on the stage and we would would have missed out on one hell of a gig. Not many people would have seen that version of the show either, so we were lucky really :pac:

+1 - if that was Axl he would've chucked a hissy fit & walked off stage. Fair play to Myle's for doing the best show he could. And I will go to see them when they come back!!

Lol, I have to say though that was most likely the best photographic experience of my life! A dream come true! Some cool snaps, working on them now although I have to get Glyder shots done first but will upload some of my fav Slash pics later for you guys.
    Mrs. S.

Lol, I have to say though that was most likely the best photographic experience of my life! A dream come true! Some cool snaps, working on them now although I have to get Glyder shots done first but will upload some of my fav Slash pics later for you guys.
    Mrs. S.

I had one great opportunity to get a shot of Slash when he was over at his right hand side of the stage. But just as I had my mobile phone camera ready, he ****ed off!!! :mad:

I had one great opportunity to get a shot of Slash when he was over at his right hand side of the stage. But just as I had my mobile phone camera ready, he ****ed off!!! :mad:

Its always the way isnt it. On a couple of occasions I had to pull the camera from my face and look at him for real, I couldnt believe I was that close.

Looking forward to them pics Smelltheglove. One thing that looked so cool from the balcony was the crowd surfing. I have never seen it in Vicar street before. And it was funny when the bouncers tried to get them then they were pusshed back into the crowd, over to the bouncers and then back to the crowd. They were teasing the bouncers. Looked great.

Its always the way isnt it. On a couple of occasions I had to pull the camera from my face and look at him for real, I couldnt believe I was that close.

Same. I was in front of the barrier within touching distance of the ****er! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Beave

Myself and 2 friends who were also there last last night, saw GnR about 4 years ago in Roskilde, and we all agreed that last night was sooo much better. 99% of singers wouldn't have set foot inside the venue last night. I can't wait to see them with Myles in full form. The little bits he managed last night were brill.

I can honestly say I hardley noticed Myles voice being bad. I thought he was great. I didn't even notice there was anything wrong untill he metioned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

I think Slash really stepped it up to compensate for this, you could hear the extra effort he was making in all his solo parts etc. which were phenomenal and his interaction with the crowd. He really is a top hat act! sorry.

• Advertisement

Plus we got something special with Sweet Child O' Mine with us singing the whole song which we wouldn't have got if he hadn't been sick.

Advertisement