Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slash Vicar St - June 29th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

CiaranK wrote: »
    Plus we got something special with Sweet Child O' Mine with us singing the whole song which we wouldn't have got if he hadn't been sick.

I agree, that was very cool. The lack of singing in some songs just highlighted how great a performer and guitarist Slash is.

Beave wrote: »
    Nice photo, I was up in Block F and saw you taking this photo, you took a couple over the monitor I think, wierd seeing the photo now :)

I noticed very quickly that Myles' voice was in trouble, and was a little peeved until he acknowledged it, but have sooo much respect for him and the band. Many lesser singers wouldn't have set foot on the stage and we would would have missed out on one hell of a gig. Not many people would have seen that version of the show either, so we were lucky really :pac:

He was very gracious ,you could see he was truely humbled by the crowd acceptance especially as the show went on. I think Slash even thanked the crowd for this saying that this might not have been the case in some other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

sxt wrote: »
    He was very gracious ,you could see he was truely humbled by the crowd acceptance especially as the show went on. I think Slash even thanked the crowd for this saying that this might not have been the case in some other places.

Slash said something to the effect of 'it's the first band he's ever been in were the singer had the flu but still went on to try and do the show.'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

any reviews in the papers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

lord lucan wrote: »
    Slash said something to the effect of 'it's the first band he's ever been in were the singer had the flu but still went on to try and do the show.'

Yeah, clearly referring to another lead singer, as they both broke up laughing.

Choice of two I suppose, whoose your money on? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Yeah, clearly referring to another lead singer, as they both broke up laughing.

Choice of two I suppose, whoose your money on? :p

:D............duuuuuuuuuuuuh let me think about that one for a sec!!!!????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Devastated i missed this. I was flat broke the week the tickets came out. I seen them at Download and it was the highlight of the whole weekend.

Thanks for uploading the videos

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Did anyone see him around Dublin? Aparently he was in one of the second hand shops in Temple Bar. Could have been staying in the Clarence or the Morrison...

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Did anyone see him around Dublin? Aparently he was in one of the second hand shops in Temple Bar. Could have been staying in the Clarence or the Morrison...

There was a pic of him in yesterday Indo. He looked like a tramp! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I am gutted that I missed this, I totally forgot about it when the tickets went on sale (damn exams:mad:) but it sounded like an unreal show. Hope i'll catch him the next time he comes around, in whatever band he is in then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,437 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Attended the gig was absolty brillent. Was in the second row and could not belive how close i got the slash. Slash's playing is amazin live and u could see he was enjoying himself (really liked his guiness themed vest top on). Was looking forward to hearing Myles sing Sweet child o mine live but sadly he caight the flu but fair play to him he came out and performed other singers might of siad **** it im not goin on performing like this. Todd Kerns the bass player must be the youngest 40 year old ive ever seen lol but he was fairly good and really stepped up to sing most of the guns n rose covers. The Rythem Guitarist Bobby Schneck played very well but u have to pity him though trying to play with a legned like slash lol he a very good guitar player though. The Drummer Brent Fitz played very well too.

looking at the setlist i could swear That Starlight and Rise Today were not played maybe cause of Myles Voice or something no complaints anyway. Really enjoyed Cival War and Fall to Pieces. Paradise city was Madness at the end of the gig everyone wanting to jump up on the stage. The venue suited this kind of gig but the only thing a bit annyoing was all the touts outside who keep asking anyone got spare tickets.

Really good to see a hero like slash in the flesh roll on Guns N Roses (Axel Rose and Dizzy Reed more like it lol) in September

The Supported band Glyder were very good and really enjoyed the gig. Hope they have a succesful career

Not many people knows this but Myles Kennedy appears in Mark Wulbergs 2001 movie Rock Star. He appears up to the 3.17 of the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUk1Wn-q3OU

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Really enjoyed the gig and again pity about Myles's voice hopefully Slash will pop back over and also Myles will bring Alterbridge over sometime (he owes us!!!!!!!!!!!!) . Anyone see Datihi of Sé and Catherine Thomas last night they bumped into me twice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Glyder, the support act. www.glydermusic.com

The guys are brilliant, very talented musicians and have 3 albums available, the 3rd album just released being Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow. All albums are brilliant and well worth a listen. Its time to support Irish musicians too.

36007_1476841450990_1532348992_1969866_4792204_n.jpg
    36007_1476841570993_1532348992_1969869_1510769_n.jpg
    36664_1476842571018_1532348992_1969877_1189708_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'm gutted I missed this gig! Tickets were sold out before I knew it was on. Saw Glyder support Metallica last year and they were pretty cool.

As for the others... Saw Slash with VR in The Point a few years ago, what a great live guitarist. It's a shame Myles wasn't well. I travelled to London twice just to go to Alter Bridge gigs. He is a phenomenal singer, and when on form is almost peerless.

Glyder, the support act. www.glydermusic.com

The guys are brilliant, very talented musicians and have 3 albums available, the 3rd album just released being Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow. All albums are brilliant and well worth a listen. Its time to support Irish musicians too.

36007_1476841450990_1532348992_1969866_4792204_n.jpg
    36007_1476841570993_1532348992_1969869_1510769_n.jpg
    36664_1476842571018_1532348992_1969877_1189708_n.jpg

Brilliant photographs. I think I saw you wandering around in there during the gig? I should've asked you for a copy of a pic of Slash!?

Brilliant photographs. I think I saw you wandering around in there during the gig? I should've asked you for a copy of a pic of Slash!?

You probably did if you were up the front. I really enjoyed it, as did everyone by the sounds of it!

Here is my first edited shot of Slash. I've been working on the Glyder pictures all day as I was there to photograph them, Slash was just a bonus so I think Im going to take a break now for a bit but I will upload more pics later.

30473_1476876491866_1532348992_1969954_4268273_n.jpg

You probably did if you were up the front. I really enjoyed it, as did everyone by the sounds of it!

Here is my first edited shot of Slash. I've been working on the Glyder pictures all day as I was there to photograph them, Slash was just a bonus so I think Im going to take a break now for a bit but I will upload more pics later.

30473_1476876491866_1532348992_1969954_4268273_n.jpg

I saw you but didnt get to ask you/talk to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

As for the others... Saw Slash with VR in The Point a few years ago, what a great live guitarist.

Oh he's outstanding, I saw them in the Point with Velvet Revolver, and then again with VR in the Ambassador....both amazing concerts

I think he should get back in a band though, his solo material is never the best compared to the likes of Velvet Revolver and Guns N' Roses

Oh he's outstanding, I saw them in the Point with Velvet Revolver, and then again with VR in the Ambassador....both amazing concerts

I think he should get back in a band though, his solo material is never the best compared to the likes of Velvet Revolver and Guns N' Roses

He's not trying to match the GnR/VR material. Take this stuff for what it is, Slash on his own(sort of!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

3 Hours to upload a video! It's litterally finished 2 minutes so quality will be HD in about half hour. It's still processing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHoZdVYijK8

Thanks,Awesome sound and video quality! Did you get anymore by any chance?

I think the setlist thats on this is wrong.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slash/2010/vicar-street-dublin-ireland-4bd407f6.html

Cant remember them doing Starlight or Rise Today.

Correct me if im wrong

PTH I just quoted the setlist as it was printed on stage.

If anyone wants to see more pics they are on the photography forum under this link below, sorry no time to double post.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66677396#post66677396

Thanks,Awesome sound and video quality! Did you get anymore by any chance?

Thanks, Yeah I did. They take so long to upload. I'll try and get another one up if I can. 3 people in the house use the PC so it's hard to get the time when it is free.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I think the setlist thats on this is wrong.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slash/2010/vicar-street-dublin-ireland-4bd407f6.html

Cant remember them doing Starlight or Rise Today.

Correct me if im wrong

I think They dropped them from the set due to the circumstances that night.

CiaranK wrote: »
    Thanks, Yeah I did. They take so long to upload. I'll try and get another one up if I can. 3 people in the house use the PC so it's hard to get the time when it is free.

Cool , which songs do you have in similar quality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Big thanks to the people who posted some video links. I usually hate camera phones and stuff held up throughout a gig because the quality is often crap!

Great stuff though. :)

Cool , which songs do you have in similar quality?

I have;

Ghost,
    Back From Cali,
    Beggars And Hangers On,
    Fall To Pieces,
    Nothing To Say,
    Watch This,
    Sweet Child,
    Are You Ready

I have Half of Night Train, and Half of Paradise but the security came over and told me to stop. Thats why at some points in the video it isn't on them fully and a bit shakey. Had to try hide the camera and film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

Advertisement