Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slash Vicar St - June 29th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Tiny Explosions

tony_clayton_lea.jpg
    finhex wrote: »

Rubbish review! Tony Clayton should get back to writting articles for Aer Lingus :rolleyes:

And he said Slash wasn't pretty lookin lol:D

This guy must not own a mirror

tony_clayton_lea.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

tony_clayton_lea.jpg

Rubbish review! Tony Clayton should get back to writting articles for Aer Lingus :rolleyes:

And he said Slash wasn't pretty lookin lol:D

This guy must not own a mirror

oops I should mention its Mrs S here, as hubbie usually posts here!
    tony_clayton_lea.jpg

Cheeky fecker, Slash is hot!

Terrible review I think, the appreciation in that room the other night was unreal, he's obviously not a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Cheeky fecker, Slash is hot!

Terrible review I think, the appreciation in that room the other night was unreal, he's obviously not a fan.

:D he probably knows bugger all about music in the first place!?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CiaranK wrote: »

Good review, Had to laugh at the other one saying most people only know Slash because of Guitar Hero ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

CiaranK wrote: »
    I have;

Ghost,
    Back From Cali,
    Beggars And Hangers On,
    Fall To Pieces,
    Nothing To Say,
    Watch This,
    Sweet Child,
    Are You Ready

I have Half of Night Train, and Half of Paradise but the security came over and told me to stop. Thats why at some points in the video it isn't on them fully and a bit shakey. Had to try hide the camera and film.

You gonna upload 'em? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

Anybody tape the complete show?? Audio or video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Only found out about this show a couple of weeks ago and it had been sold out quite a while at this stage. Although Ticketmaster did make me look like a fool as I kept searching as they'd still got "Find Tickets" listed for the gig. Why they can't just change it to 'Sold Out' once they've sold all the tickets is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

tony_clayton_lea.jpg

What an arsehole.

I wouldn't even call that a review.

Most likley, 99% of the content of that article was written well before he trotted along to Vicar St with that large chip on his shoulder.

He was more concerned with making pretentious gags about grown men attending a rock gigs and daring to wear a Guns n Roses T-shirts.

He must be a genius, as I thought everyone hadn't forgotten all about Guns n Roses, thank Christ we have someone with his ability to state the fcuking obvious.

As far as Slash surrounding himself with "younger and slimmer dudes" which he refers to as an some kind of "ego-swelling platitude".

Myles is 41 and Slash 44, yeah - great call.

He is slimmer yes, but Slash is hardly fat.

Tony, you are a cunt extraordinaire.

Stick to sipping martinis in Cafe En Siene, you pompous git.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

OutlawPete wrote: »
    What an arsehole.

I wouldn't even call that a review.

Most likley, 99% of the content of that article was written well before he trotted along to Vicar St with that large chip on his shoulder.

He was more concerned with making pretentious gags about grown men attending a rock gigs and daring to wear a Guns n Roses T-shirts.

He must be a genius, as I thought everyone hadn't forgotten all about Guns n Roses, thank Christ we have someone with his ability to state the fcuking obvious.

As far as Slash surrounding himself with "younger and slimmer dudes" which he refers to as an some kind of "ego-swelling platitude".

Myles is 41 and Slash 44, yeah - great call.

He is slimmer yes, but Slash is hardly fat.

Tony, you are a cunt extraordinaire.

Stick to sipping martinis in Cafe En Siene, you pompous git.

I think most of the band are his own age... ,Slash is in great shape, it is obvious that he works out and takes care of himself...

• Advertisement

sxt wrote: »
    I think most of the band are his own age... ,Slash is in great shape, it is obvious that he works out and takes care of himself...

agree, notice how they didnt use a picture with the article? I dont see old, ugly or fat here
    36731_1476924253060_1532348992_1970035_5506721_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jax2006

does anybody know the setlist of Glyder who supported slash?was unsure of two song. Was very impressedby them

thanks

jax2006 wrote: »
    does anybody know the setlist of Glyder who supported slash?was unsure of two song. Was very impressedby them

thanks

Will try get it for you. Have you checked out their website, great band and lovely lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Chrisi

I was coming on this link expecting some backlash towards poor Myles but I'm very impressed that everyone was so cool about him being sick. Was seriously pissed off to hear some kids bitching after the gig saying crap about Myles, but seriously he is definitely one of the best singers alive today and it was such a pity we didn't get to see that :( Do you think a certain other singer slash worked with would've even bothered his ass going on stage? Nah doubt it so fair play to Myles for making the effort to come out and give what he could. I was pissed for a day or two about it because I paid double for the ticket as they had sold out, but it wasn't his fault and I'm going over to see him in London with Alterbridge so hopefully that'll make up for it :) Also have to mention how f*cking amazing Slash was!! :D

Only found out about this show a couple of weeks ago and it had been sold out quite a while at this stage. Although Ticketmaster did make me look like a fool as I kept searching as they'd still got "Find Tickets" listed for the gig. Why they can't just change it to 'Sold Out' once they've sold all the tickets is beyond me.

I pointed that out to them before, and the person I spoke to was like "Oh yeah, never thought of that"? They're probably in the middle of bringing it too a "committee decision", which will take about 10 f**king years to resolve!!!! :mad::rolleyes:

have to say i looked on the ticketmaster site the day after for the belfast slash gigs and in the info box at just said **sold out sold out** dunno why the irish site couldint implement that...so ****ing irritating

Posts from his Facebook
    Actually its more of a UK tour w/some Euro dates thrown in. We're playing Stoke! Its my 1st visit since I was 5 yrs old
    Will post UK/Euro dates/venues very soo

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Please be back. Please be back.Please be back.Please be back.Please be back.Please be back.
    Missed the last time :o

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Announced for High Voltage anyway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I missed him last time. Not a hope in hell am I gonna miss him if he comes back around this way this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

A friend of a friend said that Vicar Street is perlimanarily booked. This was a few weeks ago, before anything about High Voltage was announced. I took it with a pinch of salt at first but it may have some weight behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Pauleta wrote: »
    A friend of a friend said that Vicar Street is perlimanarily booked. This was a few weeks ago, before anything about High Voltage was announced. I took it with a pinch of salt at first but it may have some weight behind it.

Ahhhh, the friend of a friend :rolleyes::rolleyes:

UK/Euro dates will be posted on my site country by country in increments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

UK/Euro dates will be posted on my site country by country in increments.

Does anybody here speak increments. :D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Whose singin'....Myles Kennedy?????

Gridlock wrote: »
    Whose singin'....Myles Kennedy?????

Yup

Just added to Oxegen

Just added to Oxegen

Ah **** that. Would've preferred to see him indoors again. The gig at Vicar St was mental.

Ah **** that. Would've preferred to see him indoors again. The gig at Vicar St was mental.

Yea same but will be good to see him outdoors though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Ah shite indeed Mickey! I would love to see him, but I really cannot see myself paying out so much money just to see him at Oxygen. Would have been much better back at Vicer Street again.

Advertisement